Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: April 29, 2016"

• Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeroxed wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Studies on the topic have suggested that more items will get you more traffic, but fewer comparable items offered will get you more sales.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2013/04/30/successful-retailers-learn-that-fewer-choices-lead-to-higher-sales
    https://hbr.org/2010/12/could-fewer-products-lead-to-m.html

I think the factors are maybe a fair bit different with commodities like digital items that aren't scarce, and given how many role players there are in ESO having lots of costume choices is good because then anyone who joins the game bandwagon later on can still dress the part they need to. It seriously deprives anyone who joins the game later on. I like say Champions Online precisely because I have so much customization choice because that's a core part of the game, and such is true in the Elder Scrolls universe also. It's not really the same as the indecision that comes with deciding which smartphone to buy I feel, and deviates away from precisely WHY people like Elder Scrolls so much. :P

That's actually the game i was thinking of while making my initial post, "what's with games these days removing content for no real reason?" And this game and runescape came to mind while also thinking of Champs Online how i don't recall it ever removing content other than never used consumables, costumes will never be removed because of all it can offer outside of the obvious intended game design.

Soul Shriven pack for example, someone might want to Roleplay that and now they can't if they missed out on it. :(
  • Wolfgrim
    Wolfgrim
    Still no WOLF PET!
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    I don't understand why you guys have to remove things from the crown store, when a new player joins the game an opens the crown store and sees a plethora of nice costumes pets and mounts it makes him excited (if the costumer is the kind of which likes to buy that kind of things) and makes him feel like a kid in a candy store!!! This comes from personal experience in other games, please reconsider this decision having more things to show on the crown store is good for business.

For real though they need to keep all costumes outside of festive holiday really just a shotgun blast to the foot every time you remove em guys could spent so much more time making dlc if you Just left the new crown stuff there to sell all year long. I kinda wanted the black senche mount but its gone and that's like 2k crowns your never gona see outta me.

I'd also pay for crown exclusive motifs things that match the game but have no legitimate drop in the game.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the items retired have a sale price (50% off) like the last time as well?

The items removed will cost 11,700 Crowns base which works out just over two of the most expensive crown packs, that's about £46.98 (which will be 700 Crowns under). :disappointed:
    Edited by Turelus on May 1, 2016 4:49PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we will have sar-m'athra mount but no dro-m'athra costumes at same month. Why?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you define "retired"? Sounds permanent.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the dragon priest armor is a costume and not a crafting style :(
    it would have been so cool!!!
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    "REMOVAL OF EXISTING CROWN STORE ITEMS

In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on May 30th
    ."

"make room for new stock"

You know.... There are brick and mortar stores out there that still somehow manage to have more 'room' than you... and they face the actual problem of dealing with physical items. This is digital, how can you be out of room?

either a literary phrase or the program code can only handle "X" amount of items of "Y" category. i.e. an array for example. If an array is dimensioned to hold, say, 10 items, something has to go to make 'room' for a new item. But I'm gonna guess it's just a phrase.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    "REMOVAL OF EXISTING CROWN STORE ITEMS

In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on May 30th
    ."

"make room for new stock"

You know.... There are brick and mortar stores out there that still somehow manage to have more 'room' than you... and they face the actual problem of dealing with physical items. This is digital, how can you be out of room?
    either a literary phrase or the program code can only handle "X" amount of items of "Y" category. i.e. an array for example. If an array is dimensioned to hold, say, 10 items, something has to go to make 'room' for a new item. But I'm gonna guess it's just a phrase.
    Or maybe it's to "make room for new stock" in the display space available, without you having to scroll to Uranus and back using a console style controller?

I notice that it's items that haven't sold well and maybe they are hoping for a sales peak before they drop into the limited availability cycle.

Most of the Imperial and Soul Shriven costumes are craftable and as for the missing horse, that may well pop up for gold at a stable at some point and let's not forget the unlisted new items currently on the PTS and coming soon... Like a nice new mount, etc.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nix-Hound Pet! Hypeee!!!!. Get out of my head ZoS. Seriously, it's getting kinda creepy.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I am actually excited for this month. Nice job.
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great timing on the panther. I am going away on a cruise for Memorial Day weekend and am out the entire time this is on sale. There's no way to buy it from the website either, so it's not like I can use my iPad.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duplicate post see below....
    Edited by SlayerTheDragon on May 3, 2016 10:07AM
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on how much the mount will cost? I assume 2500 as with other limited time tiger mounts?
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on how much the mount will cost? I assume 2500 as with other limited time tiger mounts?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we see a higher value on this one due to the levels of shiny.

@Gidorick I would imagine this will be like other MMO games where older items are removed for a time then bought back at a later date to help cycle the contents of the store. They did remove some items a while back but they came with a 50% off sale before their removal.

The frustrating thing for me is I actually want some of those items which are being removed but have been putting them off in favour of the limited edition mounts we keep having come to the store. I really hoped ZOS would hold sales more often on the items to entice people into buying them.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to buy some of the things that are being removed. If there is absolutely no intention of having a sale (like there was last time stuff was removed), it would be nice to let us know so we can just buy what we want already instead of waiting to see if there will be a sale.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I want to buy some of the things that are being removed. If there is absolutely no intention of having a sale (like there was last time stuff was removed), it would be nice to let us know so we can just buy what we want already instead of waiting to see if there will be a sale.

Agreed.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please come back to us ASAP about if there will be a sale with these items or not.
    There are some I really want before they go but I would hate to spend thousands of crowns only to see a sale the next day, or worse wait for a sale which won't happen and miss out.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As others, I'm confused by the removal of a costume that just came out. I can see the removal of the others if they weren't selling well, but the Doeskin one was only just released.

Also, a 50% off sale like the last time you removed items would be welcome. You've done periodic sales on other items, so why not these before you remove them? I've purchased some of these items, but there are still some I'd like to get, but will have to limit my purchasing due to wanting one of the limited items. Guess I should have bought more Crowns when they were on sale last time. I have enough for the limited mount I want plus DB, but won't if I choose to buy some of the items that are being removed. Just gonna have to decide what I REALLY want. :smile:

And two limited edition mounts in one month? A bit much, although there were two limited items in April as well (costume and mount). As for the senche, I'm hoping for 2500 as the others, but it may well be 3000 due to the extra graphical detail (in line with the Frost Horse, which was also 3000).
  • noxayloxub17_ESO
    noxayloxub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me there will be a crown sale and a sale on the retired items and I will throw all my money at you.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • nexusguardianb14a_ESO
    nexusguardianb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    btw ... will there be a further time at a future date when these items may be purchased again. also what about making some of the costumes be allowed dye. not saying the current skins are badly colored, but when you have say 300 other people wearing at same time or randomly you see your outfit every where. I think instead of allowing dyes to be worked, why not just set it up when a costume is put on it reads current dye code and dyes it appropriately.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw these in the crown store. Did a preview and was quite sad. The females are flat chested again. Please start making the armor/costumes for female shapes.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    In order to make room for new stock

For a digital store, this is a load of crap and you know it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are the Evening Dress and Daedric Scamp displaying 3 days until removal?
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile we have to check these TWO expensive limited mount this month, we'll have to deal with REMOVAL of...14 items ?... Seriously ?
    Have you debts you need to pay off on june that badly ?!
    Boresomeness intensifies :expressionless:
    In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on May 30th.

Costumes

“Brilliance" Brocade Robes
    Doeskin-and-Chamois Woods Wear
    Evening Dress
    High-Collared Coin Ball Gown
    Imperial Battlemage Pack
    Imperial Officer Pack
    Mages Guild Pack
    Soul-Shriven Costume Pack

Mounts

Golden Eye Guar
    Palomino Horse
    Senche-Lioness

Pets

Daedric Scamp
    Helstrom Ancestor Lizard
    Shornhelm Shepherd
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Dryass
    Dryass
    -
    Edited by Dryass on July 18, 2018 8:50AM
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    The Paradox Of Choice - Why too much choice is stressing us out

Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »

Irrelevant. They aren't concerned at all about some theory of fear of choices. It's all about money. That's why they do an exclusive limited time mount each month and some other things while also saying they will remove stuff. They don't have to remove anything, it's just about putting pressure on people who want something but have even less time to get it.

If they truly cared about the fear of choice shtick they wouldn't be making it a choice of limited time mounts, or items being retired. Instead, it's about both, "We want more money for very little, buy them all!"
  • MewmewGirl
    MewmewGirl
    ✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »

There is a HUGE difference between virtual cosmetic items in an online game and a physical store carrying literally 224 different kinds of Air Freshener like that article is talking about.

This is where we like to stand out, to be different, to have many choices for our own personal sense of style. When I usually play a new free to play MMO that doesn't have many costume choices in the store yet, I just skip buying any at all until more are put in later. I hate to buy out of limited stock and then have the same look that so many others end up having.

Everybody in this game is a spender, you have to be to be playing. It's not like a free to play game where just having any old costume is going to be more than what the majority of players have because they're freebies who don't buy anything.

It's so much different than what that article is talking about or about something like real electronic devices that the workings of confuse people and a better one is out about as soon as you get home. This is already simplified in that it's cosmetic items in an online video game. Our choice is already narrowed down just being here. The more options we have for our freedom of expression, the better.

You may as well argue that having only a couple of choices in a character creator is what people want if you're going by these articles about too much choice. But in this place and medium that isn't true for the majority of us.

We want more choice for our cosmetics (including pets and mounts as they're basically the same other than looks). Being that they're all the same, offer no bonuses and only look changes, they're all simplified already. We could have many hundreds of them and be extremely giddy.

To cut out items that were never listed as being limited time items is not cool at all.

If there's an issue with scrolling through the store with a controller (as a totally different person suggested but I only want to make this one reply), then make a better interface or categories etc for the controller to scroll through. Don't cut the items down.

This absolutely doesn't fit into the too much choice is all confusing for our little brains category. This is one where we want and need more choice to express ourselves and stand out from other people. If we want to buy a costume in game, we go and find one to buy. We find the one we like the best and spend the money on it. We don't go and say "I can't decide between this one and this one so I'm not going to buy either" because we're buying them to stand out and don't want to just drop it and not buy anything.

Anyway that article is talking about stores who have over 90,000 different items with hundreds of different choices for many simple things. If we get to 90,000 items in this store then sure, cut them down to 60,0000. For now though we don't have very many to begin with.

Taking away stuff that was never supposed to be limited is just so wrong...

I wonder if this post was
    Edited by MewmewGirl on May 29, 2016 2:51AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @*&$ I wanted that Imperial Officers Pack