The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Surveys

mtwiggz
mtwiggz
✭✭✭✭✭
As we all know many players have received bans for taking part in the crafting survey exploit. Some of which are guilty, some of which are not.

Regardless...

Many of us are curious as to find out what will happen with said mats. There has been no official response that I am aware of. Every thread that has mentioned the mats has been closed. I believe we deserve an answer as to what will be done with all of these exploited materials and tempers. Will they be removed from game? Or will said guilty parties only receive a meek 72 hour ban and still reap the benefits of the exploited materials? I look forward to an official response on this situation.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the fact that they have an automated ban system...

I don't think they're going to look deeper into it
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're still very interested in hearing an official response to this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before thread lock ...

• Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as how the guild traders are still flooded with Tempering Alloys at low prices (sometimes just a few people all of the sudden selling tons of alloys) I think you may find your answer somewhere in that.
    Edited by Necrelios on May 1, 2016 4:47AM
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being as I've barely been able to sell my tempers, I'm assuming they aren't being removed. They rekt the prices on them.
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have a lot of tempering alloys on the market that i actually refined by buying mats and some I am just trying to flip. Yeah, they aren't selling so hot.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that have been sold shouldn't be removed from the game as obviously the buyers would be out of pocket and that's not fair on them.

Personally In an ideal world I'd be happy with the removal of all unsold mats and a hefty fine in gold for those exploiting.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taisynn wrote: »
    Being as I've barely been able to sell my tempers, I'm assuming they aren't being removed. They rekt the prices on them.

Well there we go then. Economy screwed by the exploiters, ZOS doing nothing to fix situation. Awesome.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in agreement with mtwiggz on this.

Most other games will release some kind of official statement after something like this has happened to update the community on what happened, what actions were taken. This isn't the first exploit of this kind I know about however this is the first one which has had this much interest from the community.

I am a little concerned with players only receiving 72 hour bans if there were no material/gold removals to go along with that. As this is only a slap on the wrist and won't deter anyone from exploiting again, especially if players were able to hold onto the large gains they made from it.

I really want to see ZOS take this area of the game (rules enforcement/security) more seriously because unlike lag and balance this is something entirely in their control to enforce and fix.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I'm in agreement with mtwiggz on this.

Most other games will release some kind of official statement after something like this has happened to update the community on what happened, what actions were taken. This isn't the first exploit of this kind I know about however this is the first one which has had this much interest from the community.

I am a little concerned with players only receiving 72 hour bans if there were no material/gold removals to go along with that. As this is only a slap on the wrist and won't deter anyone from exploiting again, especially if players were able to hold onto the large gains they made from it.

I really want to see ZOS take this area of the game (rules enforcement/security) more seriously because unlike lag and balance this is something entirely in their control to enforce and fix.

It's absolutely pitiful. I posted asking what would happen with all of the exploited materials multiple times on multiple threads and tagged a ZoS employee in each one. Didn't get a single response. I made this thread in hopes they would see it, with no response. It's like they're completely ignoring their own negligence on this entire topic.

I for one am outraged by how they handled this entire ordeal. There is absolutely no excuse for not removing the exploited materials and gold that had been profited from it other than strict laziness.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now; ZoS has taken a very large leap in the wrong direction. Clearly showing here how little they actually care about their player base.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i have played games where the would make a Front page statement telling all of us how many players were PERM Banned and if items or gold was involved, how much it was and that they got REMOVED from the game. Here absolutaly nothing which is a Cheat itself from ZOS
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly mtwiggz this isn't even anything new.

This is the first exploit since the item duplication which has had this much community attention, but not the first once since.

I am not sure how much I am allowed to say regarding matters without ZOS editing to remove information. There was however an exploit about six to eight months ago where you could force a boss monster into a wall and it would continue to spawn its trash adds over and over. I know of multiple players who abused this extensively and never received any kind of penalty. Some of them are still active in game with stacks of 200-400 wax in their banks.

Sadly ZOS has treated most prior exploits as normal bugs and allowed people to abuse them until fixed without any penalties. I think it's only because this one caught so much attention on the forums and other mediums that they took quick and public actions.

I really wish ZOS would be more open with us about this. We don't for example even know who their security/GM team are or what kind of powers they hold. It could be possible their GM team is also outsourced and not directly ZOS employees at the same office.

My only real experience in matters comes from EVE Online and CCP Games which is a much smaller company which doesn't answer to a parent company. They have an entire division within the company focused on security and rule enforcement, with their GM staff (mostly) all working at the same offices.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Sadly mtwiggz this isn't even anything new.

This is the first exploit since the item duplication which has had this much community attention, but not the first once since.

I am not sure how much I am allowed to say regarding matters without ZOS editing to remove information. There was however an exploit about six to eight months ago where you could force a boss monster into a wall and it would continue to spawn its trash adds over and over. I know of multiple players who abused this extensively and never received any kind of penalty. Some of them are still active in game with stacks of 200-400 wax in their banks.

Sadly ZOS has treated most prior exploits as normal bugs and allowed people to abuse them until fixed without any penalties. I think it's only because this one caught so much attention on the forums and other mediums that they took quick and public actions.

I really wish ZOS would be more open with us about this. We don't for example even know who their security/GM team are or what kind of powers they hold. It could be possible their GM team is also outsourced and not directly ZOS employees at the same office.

My only real experience in matters comes from EVE Online and CCP Games which is a much smaller company which doesn't answer to a parent company. They have an entire division within the company focused on security and rule enforcement, with their GM staff (mostly) all working at the same offices.

I remember both the item dupe and the boss glitch as well. For fear of account punishment I took part in neither. Both of which should have had much worse punishments.

As someone that also played Eve Online for many moons I can agree that CCP did an amazing job with just about everything, including player dicipline.