The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Suru wrote: »
    Can't wait for this feature eventually, Id love to see how they implement it and how it will feel having one compared to the skyrim days. I understand they are different games, but housing was always something fun and customizable :)

Then you would have loved the way it was done in Morrowind if you love it in Skyrim.You could set things is place much easier,move them,etc.Even a few inches to either side,up or down,anything.Also there were so many mods for housing and decorations for your home.The modding community for Morrowind still adds new mods.
    I wish that Skyrim stayed the same in regards to how you set things down in MW. I hope it wont be like Skyrim in how they do decorating in your homes.I had to sling things off my hand in Skyrim.Lol! They just were flung all over. XD

I owned a mansion in Balmora. I'm sure you remember how you came to "own" houses in that game :)
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want housing, it's just one of those things you need in an mmo. As long as I can display my trophies/memento's I'll be happy
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    I think they said (don't remember where) that next dlc after DB won't contain new zones so its probably housing and barbershop. :blush: *Fingers crossed*
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a few posts that were not relevant to the topic and edited a couple for inappropriate content.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for housing!
    I've already been thinking about where I'd want to live...

hopefully we can customize the house, choose which of our pets is wandering around, and plant the garden!
    :blush:
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    I'm excited for housing!
    I've already been thinking about where I'd want to live...

hopefully we can customize the house, choose which of our pets is wandering around, and plant the garden!
    :blush:

Housing will have to be instanced, as there simply isn't enough room for all the players. So, I doubt you could do an outside garden unless they instance that as well. Pets roaming the inside of the house would be nice.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Cavanoskus
    Cavanoskus
    ✭✭✭
    I just desperately want one house per character and not one house for ALL my characters. (I know, I already posted about this on the previous page, but it's really important to me!)
    Edited by Cavanoskus on May 2, 2016 3:20PM
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭
    I hated housing in LotRO, Vanguard, ArcheAge. It was expensive, inaccessable and inconvenient.

I've enjoyed Housing in SWtOR only because of the amenities (account storage) and it's convenience (fast travel).

I've spent too much time decorating and enjoying the instanced housing in EverQuest 2. Sure it's instanced, but I can build my dream house on my private island, or I can set up a shop in my apartment in the city, or both.
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hluill wrote: »
    I hated housing in LotRO, Vanguard, ArcheAge. It was expensive, inaccessable and inconvenient.

I've enjoyed Housing in SWtOR only because of the amenities (account storage) and it's convenience (fast travel).

I've spent too much time decorating and enjoying the instanced housing in EverQuest 2. Sure it's instanced, but I can build my dream house on my private island, or I can set up a shop in my apartment in the city, or both.

I've loved the SWtOR housing; great job there. Like that it is instanced, and housing can be purchased from in-game credits (and not requiring a lame tax like LotRO) with a lot lot lot of dressings for the home including utilitarian things like AH access and mail. I would love to be able to buy crafting station for my home (like in Skyrim).
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Hluill wrote: »

I've loved the SWtOR housing; great job there. Like that it is instanced, and housing can be purchased from in-game credits (and not requiring a lame tax like LotRO) with a lot lot lot of dressings for the home including utilitarian things like AH access and mail. I would love to be able to buy crafting station for my home (like in Skyrim).

Yeah, but i am not a fan of the "hook" system, limiting where and how things can be placed. SWtOR's isn't bad, not like LotRO's.

The Flexibility in EQ2's system is overwhelming.
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting bags as ESO+ sub perk I no issues with. But it since its about player community housing should not be ESO+ at all. Since we no details yet we all could be wrong and who knows houses will be cardboard cutouts!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why templar get player housing but no ones else?
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »

Because NB, Sorc and DK cant into house.
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunver wrote: »
    Warraxx wrote: »

Because NB, Sorc and DK cant into house.

me no understand you poor english
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavanoskus wrote: »
    I really hope housing won't be account-wide, ie one house for all your characters.

LOTRO did it that way, which was a huge disappointment. I had several characters, and bought a small house next to a river for my main, a human hunter/woodsman-type person. I then logged in on my Dwarf, looking to buy a dwarvish-style dwelling near Thorin's Hall, only to discover my Dwarf already had a house... a tiny cabin off in the distant woods of Bree-land. Argh! What a blow to my RP for every character except my hunter. :(

Seriously, ZOS, don't do this to me again. My main is an Imperial Dragonknight vampire who stumbles constantly across the line between misanthropy and outright evil. But she's my main, so she'll be getting the house first. PLEASE don't make my noble Dunmer Templar (a pious Ordinator) have to cohabit with that blood-drenched psychopath. If that happens, I can't even imagine using the house on more than one character. Either that, or make it painfully generic, so it can fit them all... but that would take away all the fun of customization.

Maybe everyone could have their own bedroom? It would still be like having bad roommates who won't wash up after themselves and scream at you if you're awake when they are not but it could be mitigated with a characters own space to decorate as they want.

It wouldn't bother me; my ladies are like sisters but there is that ferocious grandfather figure to deal with.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speculation is rampant!

We could have an "instanced house" on almost every map really, a path tucked in somewhere... or I heard people guessing that you'd get to your house from a portal inside the Harborage.

& I'm conflicted between all my characters sharing a house or being able to have their own, both have appeal.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Telvanni Mushroom Mansion!

o:)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cavanoskus wrote: »
    I really hope housing won't be account-wide, ie one house for all your characters.

+1 this; I want to build my main's embassy in Craglorn. But while she would be perfectly willing to offer lodging to my Argonian, he'd prefer to sleep somewhere wetter and that doesn't stink of mer.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Cavanoskus
    Cavanoskus
    ✭✭✭
    Moonscythe wrote: »

Maybe everyone could have their own bedroom? It would still be like having bad roommates who won't wash up after themselves and scream at you if you're awake when they are not but it could be mitigated with a characters own space to decorate as they want.

It wouldn't bother me; my ladies are like sisters but there is that ferocious grandfather figure to deal with.

Eh, I mean that would be better at least, but I just can't see my characters even living in the same style of building. Or in the same city, for that matter. For my Argonian, I'd want a traditional Argonian-style hut deep in the swamp. My Breton sorceress would disagree; she's more of an urban type, even if *cough* she occasionally gets run out of town *cough* and I'd want something more mage-like, perhaps a small brick tower. My Imperial is the only one that could probably live in any style of building because she simply doesn't care as long as she has a place to hide from the sunlight and the vamp hunters. In her case, her style might be achievable with decor only, but for the others, I really do think they need different houses. I can't picture my Khajiit anywhere but in a cozy cottage with a nice kitchen, and my Dunmer Templar is an Ordinator, so I would want his house to look like it belonged in Mournhold.

I kinda want everyone to have a small yard, too...
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Suru wrote: »
    Can't wait for this feature eventually, Id love to see how they implement it and how it will feel having one compared to the skyrim days. I understand they are different games, but housing was always something fun and customizable :)

Then you would have loved the way it was done in Morrowind if you love it in Skyrim.You could set things is place much easier,move them,etc.Even a few inches to either side,up or down,anything.Also there were so many mods for housing and decorations for your home.The modding community for Morrowind still adds new mods.
    I wish that Skyrim stayed the same in regards to how you set things down in MW. I hope it wont be like Skyrim in how they do decorating in your homes.I had to sling things off my hand in Skyrim.Lol! They just were flung all over. XD

I owned a mansion in Balmora. I'm sure you remember how you came to "own" houses in that game :)

I always had a dead body in the middle of my house in Balmora... it never seemed to rot. Magic in Tamriel neh?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've removed a few posts that were not relevant to the topic and edited a couple for inappropriate content.

Heh heh, for some reason this made me think to myself "self," (this is how I think fyi) "Self, isn't it funny that the game has a mature rating but the forums are PG13?"

Then I chuckled at my wittiness :D
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe in Kai, if he says it´s coming then it will. As soon it hits, see myself back in the game, but please wait until winter time, I can not play video games during summer. ;)

Make it good and relevant to the game, don´t just throw it in like a fish it´s baby into the water.
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    I really want them to copy Rift's dimensional housing where you got a freebie house dimension, then could either unlock more or buy more housing from the cash shop. I loved being able to just get a base thing and start building where ever I chose, putting lights where I wanted them, furniture, etc. Not to mention that with Elder Scrolls, the choices, oh god yes the choices. Have your own hidden villa in Oblivion or a high mountain top. A small island off of Summerset. The possibilities would be great. I'd be torn between putting a villa in Hermaeus Mora's part of Oblivion (as long as floaty eyes can't visit) or a small Bosmer villa.
  • Ragdoll
    Ragdoll
    ✭✭✭
    Pets roaming the inside of the house would be nice.

Ohh, I would LOVE that! I tried to fill my house in EQ2 with as many cats as possible. :smiley: