The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Writ Rewards & levelling

J4YDEE
J4YDEE
Hi,
Can someone please tell me how to get my writs to the next level. I understand the woodworker, black smithing & clothier writs, I hand them in in Belkarth.
I am still handing in the enchanter, provisioning & alchemy writs in Coldharbour.
I have just struck vet 5. I am maxed in all of the aforementioned except enchanting of which I am 34, on Xbox eu.
How do I move on the alch, enchant & provisioning from Coldharbour?
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough the "level" of a crafting skill line doesn't have anything to do with the writ level you are assigned. It's based on the number of skill points, out of 9, you've spent on the "quality" skill of a particular crafting skill line.

For instance, if you have 7/9 skill points in, say, blacksmithing, you'll get writs for Craglorn.
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    Thanks, I know the writs for black smithing, woodworking & clothing depend on skill points spent, but I have maxed points on provisioning & alchemy, yet still hand in coldharbour, when & how do I move on from Coldharbour?
  • Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also depends on the skill level itself, for example if your skill is under 50 you will get writs from Belkarth in Craglorn.
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    Ahem.....
    Should have double checked my skill points before posting. Anyway all sorted :|