The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafted Dwemer Shield - poor dyes

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
So I crafted a full medium set of Dwemer armor and weapon with a shield and ... I was able to dye all with gold but not the shield.
Is it intended or some bug on shield?

I mean all dyes I put on dwemer shield look practically the same, no matter is it white, yellow or red dye, is it shiny or mat, is it standard or unique.
Even black is more grey than black. The shield looks so great in general, but needs a proper colour that suits the colour of armor.

On picture is medium armor dyed in Alchemist Bilious (shiny gold) and Coldharbout Black. The shield is fully covered in Bilious and looks ... well... all parts are more like grey mat :/ .

lEjbQXl.jpg

Can the dyes be somehow more juicy, shiny, expressive on this shield?
Edited by Gargath on April 30, 2016 4:59PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dyes need an overhaul. They rarely look like they are supposed to be. Dwemer shield is one of the most frustrating.
    PC/EU DC
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass shield is also horrible. As are a bunch of other things. It really annoys me that the dyes don't come out right on so much of the armor, particularly, some of the heavy doesn't match the light in the same style, and since so many people are running more than one weight with the undaunted passive, it's just poor design.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I used Defensive Posture from 1H+Shield abilities, I realised a great potential in dyeing dwemer shield - can't understand why an ability can do such awesome effect but any dye.

RNvZqLx.jpg

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."