Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I get 5.3k spell damage on my sorc and still have good regen.

RedRoomGaming
RedRoomGaming
✭✭✭
I have seen a picture of a sorc that has 29k magika 5.5k spell damage and 1797 magika recovery. HOW THE HELL!! I can just about pull 4.4k with 900 recovery and 34k magika.

I use pve destro nirn, presice resto 2 Kena 5 julianous and 3 will power. My gear is all yellow and divines and willpower has spell damage on them.
Pvp I use destro nirn 2 torug swords nirn and same armour as above.
PS4 Eu Server
  • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
  • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
  • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_noys8mkgT11s0my1wo1_250.gif
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely the guys buffed with kena + alchemist.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kena and scathing mage with only magicka regen drink and atronach mundus
    In stealth with all alliance bonuses

29k magicka is really low.
    If you get 40k magicka thats like adding another 1100 spell damage

A better setup would be 40k magicka and 4k spell damage with 2k regen. You'd hit harder and have more sustain
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    This is his stats in cyrodiil i.imgur.com/H1NPSVg.jpg
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he needs to train his horse,scrub
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

A better setup would be 40k magicka and 4k spell damage with 2k regen. You'd hit harder and have more sustain

But there are no max magicka scaling in any ability except for radiant oppression ( templar skill)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

But there are no max magicka scaling in any ability except for radiant oppression ( templar skill)
    All abilities consuming magicka scale to your max. magicka value. Search for @Asayre 's theory crafting posts for the exact formula, they are an incredible source of information.
    Edited by Leandor on May 1, 2016 10:52PM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of procs and buffs, as others have said. Things that give you spell damage as a sorc: maelstrom destro staff, dual wielding swords, molag kena 1 + 2 piece, overwhelming surge 3 + 4 piece, law of julianos 5 piece, clever alchemist 5 piece, willpower 3 piece, torugs pact 2 piece, major sorcery buff, apprentice mundus stone, continuous attack passive, offensive scroll bonuses, expert mage passive, jewellery glyphs. I probably forgot some things. It's not hard to get your recovery to 1700 with cp and atro mundus. It is hard to keep your spell damage above 3.5k with no buffs or procs. As a sorc you're better off stacking max magicka and only buff spell damage where you can't buff magicka.
    PC | EU
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen a picture of a sorc that has 29k magika 5.5k spell damage and 1797 magika recovery. HOW THE HELL!! I can just about pull 4.4k with 900 recovery and 34k magika.

I use pve destro nirn, presice resto 2 Kena 5 julianous and 3 will power. My gear is all yellow and divines and willpower has spell damage on them.
    Pvp I use destro nirn 2 torug swords nirn and same armour as above.

Have you tried food or drinks?

Food- use tri/bi stat i.e. increase your health/stamina/magicka by x.

Drinks- increase your regent of HP/Stam/Magi.

Change your amour glyps and put all magicka because you don't need 26000 health for a DPS 18~24k is enough.
    Or just use some more magicka glyps.