Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone else had an issue with a new attack in the castle of the worm boss fight?

wolfgirlb14_ESO
wolfgirlb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I've done this quest many times in the past but I just recently tried in with a newer character and kept getting instantly killed by something called a necromantic barrier that hit with no warning. There were even times when it hit me even before the dialogue finished and the battle started, or during one of the pauses during the battle where there is dialogue.

Best Answer

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that's because it's a barrier to keep the players inside the "combat ring" while fighting the boss, so if you stay away from that then I'm sure you'll be fine.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Answer ✓
  • lysylya
    lysylya
    ✭✭
    I ran into that as well. There's no clear indication that this insta-kill barrier exists and it wasn't like I was running outside the circle, but it must have been close enough to trigger.

Perhaps something a little less damaging than all of your hps with a clear indication that you would die if you stepped out a bit would be a bit better.
  • AstronomyD
    AstronomyD
    Soul Shriven
    When is insta-kill fun in a game?

I personally hate getting hit by 10k damage when the average hit reduces my health by 400-500. I would really like an answer from the game designer at ZOS that thought it would be a great idea to punish the players that moved one pixel too far from the boss with an instant death.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    The insta-death mechanic is there because players kept getting stuck outside the arena. The point of the change was so that you'd die and re-spawn rather than get stuck.