Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extra Character Slots?

Greydog
Greydog
✭✭✭✭
Has there been any official word on this. I've searched a small bit on this but have not seen anything.

I'm curious if it is planned for the future and if so, what the max may be?
"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
Message me here or in game for an invite

Best Answers

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as far as I know.

8 slots isn't enough for me either. I plan to play for years, if they don't mess the game up, and there's far more combinations to try than 8 slots would allow.

Do see the reason for the limit, to keep people from hoarding 50 names and so forth, but wouldn't mind being able to buy more slots in the future. That's one of the few cash shop things I can stomach.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Answer ✓
  • Valturion
    Valturion
    ✭✭
    Currently no, but they undoubtedly will add this luxury to their store in the future. For now, it's exactly as Sarenia said about preventing name hoarding.
    Answer ✓
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a thread about allowing the buying of more char slots (dev talk, Shop option). But they are looking as disabling 'hireling' crafting passive on theses extra slots. I guess we will have to wait and see what option they go with, so most players want the extra slots JUST to get more crafting hireling.
    Edited by Natjur on April 7, 2014 2:33AM
    Answer ✓
  • Deejah
    Deejah
    ✭✭
    I agree here as well. I'd be willing to pony up some extra cash for more character slots later down the road.
    "Dream the Impossible and conqueror the unknowns"
  • Malkavianqueen
    Malkavianqueen
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completely! I love making new characters and I know I'll end up with all of my slots filled. Surely they'll add the option to the cash shop in the future!
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    There is a thread about allowing the buying of more char slots (dev talk, Shop option). But they are looking as disabling 'hireling' crafting passive on theses extra slots. I guess we will have to wait and see what option they go with, so most players want the extra slots JUST to get more crafting hireling.

Interesting ..I'll have to look that one up.

Thanks for the replies folks :)

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the point in holding it back because of hirelings.

You have to actually level up the crafts to a decent level to get them in the first place, and then, the hirelings dont really even give many resources that are substantial to begin with. If people work thier characters up to higher levels to allow thier hirelings to deliver more and better materials, if they put in all that work. then what difference would that make then? They should get those resources if they put in THAT much work for them.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    so most players want the extra slots JUST to get more crafting hireling.

I know I would ;)
  • Enriquezarmy
    Enriquezarmy
    ✭✭
    Getting more character slots was something I always felt okay about paying for in F2P games and I wouldn't mind paying for it here as well. There are 10 races in the game and they launched with 8 slots I think we need at least 10 starting out with maybe a max like 20 or so.
  • AngryAttorney
    AngryAttorney
    Soul Shriven
    I'd be ok with a twelve toon max, that'd give me all the options I currently want.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    There are 16 slots available to you - 8 NA, 8 EU. You can play one server while the other is down, of course you do not get to keep guilds, traits, friends list or anything like that but if you intend to play that often then the option is there.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    you have 8 per server. if you are realy looking for more then start 8 on the other server then where you normaly play. That already doubels it for free!
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    I still wish it where 10 so you can have one for each race.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a downloadable version of this...an export of my character, if you will.

It can be tied to my account...(Not trying to do WoW selling characters or any nonsense...)

It would allow the 8 active character limit to remain (which I understand and am okay with), but would allow you to not have to execute a character you've put much time and love into in order to start a different one.

I'd also feel a bit warmer and fuzzier if I knew I had an image of my character locally, should a storage/rollback issue ever happen.

Again, not for hacking, not for modding or reversing...just to maintain the bloodline, so to speak, and allow my character that just saved Tamriel (again) to have a safe and secure place to semi-retire to...

(They could time-limit import/exports to prevent bot/trading type exploits...)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    From what Ive read, the best option would be limitless(or lets say, 30 slots) with special option(a check-box) to enable character. 8 characters enabled as a maximum, the option can be changed once per week per account(rearrangement). Yet I think people would exploit it not only for hireling, but for free bag slots, to keep their crafting items and junk w/o paying for extra bank space and bags. Thats why, I think, its higly unprobable they will add extra slots for free.
    Edited by Sunver on December 18, 2014 8:28AM
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    "Tons of updates to the Crown Store including additional character slots, motif previews, and hats"
    2016/04/19 - Dark Brotherhood - First Look
    [/quote]
  • Korgly
    Korgly
    hoping for more character slots.. I don't see anything that says there will be on the "dark brotherhood first look" deleted some characters just to try other variations and now I am regretting it. there should be atleast one for every race and type. I don't have no room to make an orc, argonian, dark elf or high elf..
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check patch notes I believe it said you could buy 4 more slots
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, if character slots were added to the store, whether or not I bought any would depend entirely on how many Crowns they cost, because it's real money at the end of the day, and it would depend on whether or not features were turned off, as the talk about "hirelings" suggests - to put simply, if it's not going to include everything the other characters have, then I won't buy.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the PTS you can buy more character slots. In the crown store. I dont know if they will release them to the normal server when the DB is released,but I sure hope so.