The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can alliance motifs not be found in regular chests in Cyrodiil / IC?

everleygrace
I have opened more that 20 regular chests (not from treasure maps or portals, etc) and not found one single motif...

Is there a better way to get these motifs?
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    You can find them in regular chests. I have found around 5 or so and have found them on average about 1 in 4 chests I opened. But that has been my experience so far, guess I've been lucky.
    Edited by Hakoke on March 31, 2016 5:59PM
  • everleygrace
    Seems I must just be unlucky then. I have given up on seeking them out, I just open them as I come across them now.
    Thanks for the confirmation though!
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple ones I get a chapter about 1/10 of the time
    Intermediate - roughly 1/4 of the time
    Advanced - roughly 1/2 of the time
    Master - 100% of the time so far, I've only found 2 though

Treasure maps seem to be on par with Advanced lock chests from my experience, but have a higher drop rate of things like Trinimac/Pariah/Briarheart

EDIT: ^ All non-IC
    Edited by Zyle on March 31, 2016 8:52PM

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • everleygrace
    I have used about 9 Cyrodiil maps in total and got no motifs at all, after that I just tried the normal chests found around Cyrodiil and still nothing.

I have 2 maps currently, I might try those and see if they yield anything..
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have opened nearly 50 in Cyrodiil and have received zero motifs. ended up buying them all from a trader.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.