The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to avoid coming down with 'Altism' - would love your feedback

FlipFl0p
FlipFl0p
Hey ESO fans, I'm stuck and would love to hear your opinion - I can't decide what class to stick with and find myself switching around, so not getting really good at any one playstyle. I'm posting this in the PvP section as my main focus is to become good at PvP.

I started off as a Magicka Sorc some months back as that's what I played in Lotro (or closest match) but I got very bored of the playstyle so created both Stam and Magicka NBs to try those, I've taken the Magicka to V16 now and really enjoyed the versatility of the class however finding it a little squishy. My stam is around 38, I enjoy the burst but think I'd prefer to be in the action a lot more.

So I made a stam DK and have taken her to 22, using Sword and Board as I wanted to avoid Wrecking Blow spamming, do like the tankiness of it but may try 2H / Bow to get more damage. I initially made the DK as I wanted to go magicka so chose Imperial so I could play stam until I unlocked lava whip for a main spammable skill.

In the meantime I've seen a very good player in PVP playing templar both stam and magicka, he seems to get up in everyones face with lots of gap closing and manages to survive against multiple opponents, burning them down one by one - I really want to try Templar as this is the exact playstyle I enjoy and the only class I haven't tried yet - whether it be magicka or stam I'm not sure which but I've been told Stam can be better solo.

My main interest is PvP and I want to be able to support others and really become component at just one class, put out decent DPS and get up in people's faces...

I don't like to copy common builds, I don't use proxy det or vicious death on my magicka nb.

With that in mind, what race and class do you recommend me to roll and stick with?

Thanks for your help :)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok....I used to be a Very bad alcoholic in every other game I've played. But with eso theres a difference. This game requires so much effort to fully maximize one character with skill lines and skill points. What did it for me was I brought every class in my favorite races to around level 30 playing each class in multiple roles and constantly changing things around with each of the four characters. I finally chose my favorite class, and raised him up to v16 and use the other characters as mules. I now have a nord Templar that is v16 with almost every skill point available except for TG and alliance war ranks. Every class can play any role, some better than others yes, but if you LEARN to play your class in its role you WILL be effective as anyone can be. Magical DKs for example, I have met some VERY OP magicka DK in this game.... most of the ones I've met have absolutely rolled my face across the key board 1v1...so I can be done. What o have done with my Templar, mind you I've been playing since earlymaccess 2014, is gathered seven different complete builds. If I get bored I spend 9k gold, respect, and play a different role or build, go from magic DPS to healing, or even heavy armor magic tanking or healing sets.... there are so many build options for each class you should never need to raise multiple classes or two of the same class. Oh and tip from a pro, race does not matter... in PVE maybe a bit more, but in PVP less so. As I said I am a nord currently magic specced, so I have not chosen the best set up... but my nerd also has 30k health, 37k magic, and 4.1k spell power fully buffed. I'm a force to be reckoned with in PVP. I only have trouble with Stamina NBs consistently.... so this game will suck the altohlicness out of you, just maximize you favorite class and go from there trying out all your class has to offer, make sure to get all skill points available, its easy to raise a new character to v16, not so easy to fully max him out
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no.... stamina Templar has VERY good survivability with class purge and we have jabs.... but magicka Templar is ten times more survivable. Running away from multiple enemies? No problem pop healing ward/ radiant ward, and spam heals, and run for cover...Templar is a very fun class with very open options, oh and kagrenacs set....rez a buddy in two seconds....OP
  • FlipFl0p
    FlipFl0p
    Thanks so much for your insight! Your idea of levelling each to 30 and then choosing is a very good one, and I suppose what I've been doing in a way apart from taking the NB to v16, thought I'd take advantage of cake week :)

You are quite right about the work involved post reaching V16 hence why I asked the question. I am V16 and find myself needing Undaunted, Lore books etc. etc. and that's why I really wanted to find the right 'fit' for me before I put all the work in.

I'm not sure magicka NB is it as although it can be very fun and I've done well with it, survived and won my first 1v3 the other day when some players jumped me, I don't necessarily want to be sneaky, I prefer fast, furious, in the action kinda playstyle.

Thanks again :)
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main Stamina Nightblade and I am very much " up in people's faces." I use 2H for main DPS, and Bow for utility. My combo of Shuffle/Roll Dodge/Vigor/Rally/Cloak makes me very able to take damage w/o compromising on damage output. And if you want you could wear 2 pieces of Heavy and run 1H/Shield for even more tanky-ness.

Just avoid the 1-shot Snipe builds. There's a lot you can do w/ a Stamina NB.
    Edited by kadar on April 29, 2016 6:53PM
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a Dunmer or Imperial Templar. Both of those races are good to respec between Magicka and Stamina.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    avoid comparing yourself to other at all costs. experience and champion points make those twinking stronger by orders of magnitude. don't project weakness you experience onto your build.

i've seen people restart all the time because they think others are doing better than them
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    avoid comparing yourself to other at all costs. experience and champion points make those twinking stronger by orders of magnitude. don't project weakness you experience onto your build.

i've seen people restart all the time because they think others are doing better than them
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until DB launches, it will take all of 1 week to get an alt to whatever you max lvl is.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When db is here it'll take 8 hours to reach max level.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...