Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: April 29, 2016"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: April 29, 2016. We hope you enjoy the latest offerings that are coming in April, including the Dro-m'Athra Senche, new costumes, pets, and more!

556e8acc3d20e6737b03d76625283570.jpg

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the Dro-m'Athra senche! Also goodbye Palomino Horse :'(
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I have to say...

Treasure Hunter.

Make more unique adventurer armors with backpacks and tools :heart:
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skyrim fanboiz rejoice.

Also kind of strange that they're taking out some of the newer costumes. The Doeskin-and-Chamois Woods Wear literally just came out.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So much to buy, so little money...
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a bit much with 2 limited mounts in one month..
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    McV9zkv.png
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well say goodbye to all my crowns.
    Dragon Priest, Dragon Warrior, Treasure Hunter... HERE I COME!

Now on a serious note: While I don't support the whole Dragon Warrior costume (it feels a bit meta to me), I have to say it looks awesome. Nice job!

Edited by Ghrimn on April 29, 2016 8:37PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragon Priest OMG WOOOT!!!!! (See forum Avatar pic ;))

This entire month of CS stuff looks like the best we've had thus far!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We hope you enjoy the latest offerings that are coming in April May[/img]

signing off
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    Finally the black camel! Now my pirate thief redguard is complete!
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you guys have to remove things from the crown store, when a new player joins the game an opens the crown store and sees a plethora of nice costumes pets and mounts it makes him excited (if the costumer is the kind of which likes to buy that kind of things) and makes him feel like a kid in a candy store!!! This comes from personal experience in other games, please reconsider this decision having more things to show on the crown store is good for business.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG FINALLY THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME DRAGON PRIEST COSTUME !!
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dro-m'Athra Senche. That's what I was waiting for. Clinging to my 6k crowns.

...Soon.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any details on prices for droth mount and dragon priest?
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Dro-m'Athra Senche is not that expensive?.*cough* banker/vendor Assistant *cough*.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *frantically checks dates* Phew! Thank you Zeni for starting the dro-M'Athra Sench on a Thursday! I'm sure I'm not the only one planning to be out of town that weekend. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    ...I'm going to be as honest as I can without cursing but why on earth do you need to get rid of a bunch of Crown Store items to "make room for new stock"... in a DIGITAL store with near infinite copies of things? And this isn't stuff that was advertised as being for a limited time - I get why those go bye bye. Having a larger selection HELPS you to sell more you know, and all these purges seem to be accomplishing is miffing me royally, and probably others too. : /
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeroxed wrote: »
    ...I'm going to be as honest as I can without cursing but why on earth do you need to get rid of a bunch of Crown Store items to "make room for new stock"... in a DIGITAL store with near infinite copies of things? And this isn't stuff that was advertised as being for a limited time - I get why those go bye bye. Having a larger selection HELPS you to sell more you know, and all these purges seem to be accomplishing is miffing me royally, and probably others too. : /

Studies on the topic have suggested that more items will get you more traffic, but fewer comparable items offered will get you more sales.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2013/04/30/successful-retailers-learn-that-fewer-choices-lead-to-higher-sales
    https://hbr.org/2010/12/could-fewer-products-lead-to-m.html
    signing off
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Studies on the topic have suggested that more items will get you more traffic, but fewer comparable items offered will get you more sales.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2013/04/30/successful-retailers-learn-that-fewer-choices-lead-to-higher-sales
    https://hbr.org/2010/12/could-fewer-products-lead-to-m.html

I think the factors are maybe a fair bit different with commodities like digital items that aren't scarce, and given how many role players there are in ESO having lots of costume choices is good because then anyone who joins the game bandwagon later on can still dress the part they need to. It seriously deprives anyone who joins the game later on. I like say Champions Online precisely because I have so much customization choice because that's a core part of the game, and such is true in the Elder Scrolls universe also. It's not really the same as the indecision that comes with deciding which smartphone to buy I feel, and deviates away from precisely WHY people like Elder Scrolls so much. :P
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Dro-m'Athra Senche is not that expensive?.*cough* banker/vendor Assistant *cough*.
    The other limited-time senche mounts cost 2500 crowns.
    Edited by Leogon on April 30, 2016 4:00AM
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the doeskin outfit *just* come out? Why is it being retired so quickly?
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque
    We need to create a thread to stop these crown store cuts, because I would like to have some of the items that are being removed and at the same time I need to save up for DB and Dro-m'Athra Senche.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    AndrewXV wrote: »
    We need to create a thread to stop these crown store cuts, because I would like to have some of the items that are being removed and at the same time I need to save up for DB and Dro-m'Athra Senche.

ZOS will recycle them at some point, no doubt.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    I am very happy about new items coming to the Crown Store, but please reconsider removing old items. Maybe you could restyle the Crown Store menu, if you feel it's getting too cluttered? You could have a section with older items in which you only show their icons, instead of the whole picture?

Having a Crown Store full of things is very nice, especially for new players who didn't have the chance to buy them before, or for those of us who simply don't have enough crowns to buy everything that's on stock at any given time. I hope you will at least have (frequent) re-sales of the old items? Maybe for a reduced price, if they are not selling that well...? (hint hint)
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feynn wrote: »
    I hope you will at least have (frequent) re-sales of the old items? Maybe for a reduced price, if they are not selling that well...? (hint hint)

Can you have garage sales without garages? What would the Tamriel equivalent be?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the doeskin outfit *just* come out? Why is it being retired so quickly?

Yeah by brain went "WTF?" at that one. Might as well have announced it as a limited time item from the get go.

Feynn wrote: »
    I hope you will at least have (frequent) re-sales of the old items? Maybe for a reduced price, if they are not selling that well...? (hint hint)

Can you have garage sales without garages? What would the Tamriel equivalent be?

I think "yard sale" would still work as a term, yes? :3

AndrewXV wrote: »

You make it, I'll go and complain some more in it, haha. If you don't I just might have to.
    Edited by Xeroxed on April 30, 2016 12:44PM
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need so save some crowns for the Senche, also would love to buy the Black Camel of Ill Omen, but man, 2 limited mounts at the same time? And shortly before DB?
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The majority of the items they are pulling A) most likely do not sell well, and B) are very low quality and are in need of reworking. Like, a lot of them look like Babby's First Texture Design (cough Shornhelm Shepard). Yes, even the Doeskin has those terribly done beads on it. Notice they are NOT pulling the Graht-Climber, which is arguably the better of the pair.

Hopefully they will be re-introducing them to the store once they rework them, otherwise, I do not care for artificial scarcity. Unless their servers truly can't handle that many items in the Crown Store at once...
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually happy they pull items from the crown store from time to time, and although I didn't like the limited offers before, I've come to appreciate them. Creates more diversity amongst players. It's not like there aren't enough items to buy, and I think they've done a good job at making varied items.

I wish there was some way to remove items you've bought though, or give/sell them to other players. I'd rather not have stuff I don't use clogging my collection - especially the costume bundles... more often than not there's only one I'm interested in, and the two others are left rotting in my collection.
    stam scrub
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    "REMOVAL OF EXISTING CROWN STORE ITEMS

In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on May 30th
    ."

"make room for new stock"

You know.... There are brick and mortar stores out there that still somehow manage to have more 'room' than you... and they face the actual problem of dealing with physical items. This is digital, how can you be out of room?