The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flawless or Smiting Dawnbreaker??

TheUrbanWizard
TheUrbanWizard
✭✭✭✭
I've just unlocked the morph for Dawnbreaker. As an Imperial vet 8 medium armour nightblade with all attributes in stamina which morph is best for me?

I mainly PvE quests and dungeons at the mo. BTW I've also invested heavily in Mighty

Best Answer

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker is changing next patch though.

Both morphs will deal with physical dmg.

Flawless will give you 5% wpn dmg
    Smiting gives a 100% knockdown on anyone as well more dmg.

Just slot either morphs will give 3% wpn dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Answer ✓
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flawless gives you the weapon damage increase passive by being slotted.
    Master Debater
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flawless is better for stamina users, other morph is better for magicka. Choose flawless
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the passive damage on flawless makes it a better choice.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah interesting, I suppose the patch benefits me regarding this skill then :). I've gone with Smiting and I'll see how it goes when the update rolls out, thanks guys.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah interesting, I suppose the patch benefits me regarding this skill then :). I've gone with Smiting and I'll see how it goes when the update rolls out, thanks guys.

It's best if you use flawless for now, the DB update isn't for another month so your best just making full use of the 8% extra wpn dmg running flawless will give you.

Though smiting is a good choice post DB, they also changed it so it's a 100% stun in the aoe to everyone in it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just unlocked the morph for Dawnbreaker. As an Imperial vet 8 medium armour nightblade with all attributes in stamina which morph is best for me?

I mainly PvE quests and dungeons at the mo. BTW I've also invested heavily in Mighty

Flawless Dawnbreaker would still provide a much higher overall DPS in PvE, and a good deal of PvE mobs are immune to CC. So as far PvE is concerned, Flawless Dawnbreaker is the best.
    BUT for PvP, Smiting can be better as it has a good AoE burst with CC included, which will make it better.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Any new thought as of today's date, February 7, 2018?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you make Mannimarco proud with your powers of thread necromancy!
    211kd3.jpg

Generally speaking, I recommend Dawnbreaker of Smiting for PVP and Flawless Dawnbreaker for PVE, but it depends on your build.

Now can you please stop resurrecting threads from 2016?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys, why make a new discussion when there already is one to write in. wish more could think like this :)

as for the topic I guess flawless for pvp and smiting for pve but smiting can be good in pvp aswell I would say.
    Edited by Yakidafi on February 8, 2018 5:37AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's the case you don't really need to morph it.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I can't believe I asked this
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    guys, why make a new discussion when there already is one to write in. wish more could think like this :)

as for the topic I guess flawless for pvp and smiting for pve but smiting can be good in pvp aswell I would say.

Why make a new discussion? So you don't spread outdated information like this...
    mertusta wrote: »
    Flawless is better for stamina users, other morph is better for magicka. Choose flawless

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA