Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Build.

Peircerofhell
Looking for suggestions on builds for a Nightblade Bow/Duel Wield Wood Elf
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just starting or playing for awhile
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    You need to be way more specific to get the responses youre looking for... PvE or PvP? Do you want to be a min/max type build or self sustaining? etc...
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for suggestions on builds for a Nightblade Bow/Duel Wield Wood Elf

Look at which moves use stamina vs. which use magicka. Stamina for damage, magicka for utility skills. Get a feel for how you like to play (essentially, what skills you like to use) and test everything out. Try to establish combinations with your skills and you'll be on your way to making your own unique build.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Grumpy has said: do some research, test skills out, look for synergies and rotations. That way, when changes do happen in the future, you'll be in a better position to adjust accordingly. You'll also likely get a much better build for your playstyle than an off-the-shelf one.
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    Is bow or DW gonna be primary? Need more info on where u at and what you have access to.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally hate DW over 2hd.

DW you will eventually end up in the spam steel tornado for the rest of your life mode. Plus, I really don't care for any of the other DW skills.

2hd just seems more engaging to me. Plus you get Rally. But hey, do what you love, but I would suggest trying them both out. (2hd also seems to mesh better with NB skills, at least for me.)

If you are looking at DW for meta purposes, just skill it up on the side then re-spec when you are at cap?

Edited by emily3989 on April 29, 2016 5:04PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    I personally hate DW over 2hd.

DW you will eventually end up in the spam steel tornado for the rest of your life mode. Plus, I really don't care for any of the other DW skills.

2hd just seems more engaging to me. Plus you get Rally. But hey, do what you love, but I would suggest trying them both out. (2hd also seems to mesh better with NB skills, at least for me.)

If you are looking at DW for meta purposes, just skill it up on the side then re-spec when you are at cap?

There's ain interesting change to Blinding Fury in the DB PTS. A heal for 60% of the dmg done. Considering it is a DoT and also gets increase for mighty, and that 2 swords get mor dmg that 1 greatsword, and that silver leash (from FG) is going to be a gap closer and that there's a new buff called "lifesteal" (blood altar for the undaunted gives it), I'm guessing a lot of people is going to move from 2H to DW

As a Stam DK, you can use stone giant and silver leash, then the lifesteal buff (that I suppose can be applied from poisons) and Blinding Fury FTW

as a NB, all you need is ambush + SA + blinding fury
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to give up that Rally/Ambush/Cloak/Wrecking Blow ZOMG Maj Brutality + Empower + Auto Crit + WB combo though.

I love the look of DW much better than stealthing around with a large 1hd wpn, I just cannot get immersed much with the DW skills.

I am not looking at max/2% dps inc stuff here. I like to actually feel like I am doing something realistic, even in a video game. Steel Tornado just kills any immersion for me - like a Tasmanian devil with unlimited knives with a 40 ft radius...
    Edited by emily3989 on April 29, 2016 8:01PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Hard to give up that Rally/Ambush/Cloak/Wrecking Blow ZOMG Maj Brutality + Empower + Auto Crit + WB combo though.

I love the look of DW much better than stealthing around with a large 1hd wpn, I just cannot get immersed much with the DW skills.

I am not looking at max/2% dps inc stuff here. I like to actually feel like I am doing something realistic, even in a video game. Steel Tornado just kills any immersion for me - like a Tasmanian devil with unlimited knives with a 40 ft radius...

when the patch comes out, I'll give it a try. Some patches ago I made my stamknight work with DW in PvP using stone giant shrouded dagger and flurry. Now, with the changes to DKs, it seems it will be a very good option to retake that idea
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique