The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Provisioning In Large Quantities

CJohnson81
CJohnson81
✭✭✭✭
I know there is no way I'm the first to mention this, but man it would be great to craft provisions in large quantities. I've been making food and drink all morning to make some cash, and really the reason it's taken so long is because each food and drink item is crafted one.... at..... a...... time (or four at a time if you're maxed). Maybe PCs have an add-on for this, but I'm on XBOX and I just clicked easily a few thousand times to make my provisions.

Figuring out exactly what combinations of foods to make to max my profit was easy, but clicking the X button over and over and over ad infinitum is just mind-numbing (don't forget, we have to watch the animation before we can click again).

Please ZOS, could we have an option, when we craft, to make more than one item at a time? I'd love to say, "Hey, I can make 100 Fredas Night Infusions? Well then, yes, please make 100 of them."
Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once or twice a week, I use up my excess Ingredients and make Green Foods and Drinks to sell to NPC Vendors. I can make 1500 to 2500 foods and drinks each time I do this and this is just for excess. Why do I have an excess, I have 6 characters running Hirelings, and most of them do Writs. So I gots lots in my Larder. I can imagine anyone in a similar situation would have the same need to use the ingredients or sell them as stacks in a guild store.

I could never do this without an addon. Well, I could, I just never would if I had to click R for each one I make, well, each 4 I make.

Yes, all crafts should have a way to select how many items you want to make as part of the stock UI. Even Enchanting, as I rarely if ever make less than 7 Attribute Glyphs for armor sets.
    Edited by Nestor on April 28, 2016 5:19PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is exactly what I just finished doing - clearing out my inventory - and I only play one character. I couldn't imagine doing this on alts as well.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you profit on craftable food? I noticed their MM prices are way below the costs of materials, especially purple.
    Because of this I craft and use them only for myself, so the time of production doesn't really matter for me.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    How do you profit on craftable food? I noticed their MM prices are way below the costs of materials, especially purple.
    Because of this I craft and use them only for myself, so the time of production doesn't really matter for me.

I just sell to NPCs. The ingredients on their own don't have value, but higher level foods have a value of 5 gold. So, craft 100 food items with maxed provisioning and get 400 items. At 5 gold a piece, you'll make 2,000 when you sell to a merchant. I'm certain to can make much more by selling through a guild trader. You can sell the ingredients in stacks and high level foods, but I'm just not interested in that.

I just do some math to make sure that I'm crafting the right items (sometimes crafting more of a less expensive item will yield a better total profit than fewer, high value items) and then I go dump them on a merchant. This morning I made just under 10k in cleaning out my ingredients.

For those of you who have not leveled provisioning, this is also how I accomplished that in just a few days.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CJohnson81 wrote: »
    I just sell to NPCs
    agree.gif

Green recipes, VR10+, 2 ingredients.
    The items sell for 5g each, i usually make them in batches of 200 x 4 = 800 items x 5g = 4000 gold per batch.

Since i have 8 characters maxed at provisioning 50 and hirelings at 3/3, i've got enough excess mats to do a 30k+ cooking session every other day.
    chowtime.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did the math on this not too long ago, and basically I can double the money I get making and selling the foods and drinks to NPC Vendors than selling the Ingredients at 400 to 500 gold a 100 stack in the guild stores. Even at the high end of ingredient pricing and lower end of the things I would make, 1000 gold worth of Ingredients will net you 1600 Gold if you can only make L5 Recipes that sell for 4 Gold Each. Normally, I make things that sell for 5 gold each, so 2000 in gold for 800 to 1000 in ingredients. Note to really make this pay off, don't make any foods or drinks that sell for less than 4 Gold, try to make the ones that sell for 5 gold if you can. But, even Fishy Sticks are profitable at 200 a stack with one ingredient that costs 50 gold to make it. On the PC/NA most fish is sold on guild kiosks for 100 gold a 100 stack, I have even seen it for less.

Again, I use an Addon for this, Cookery Wiz, that lets me que up several foods and drinks and the quantities I want. I tell it to cook the order, then go do other things while it is processing. Heck, one session I had the other week, I started the order, then went to the store for a few things and I came back and it was still processing the cooking. Earned 25K gold that time. Usually I just minimize the game and surf the web while this is going on.

I never use Purples unless I am making something for one of my characters or a friend. And, Blues sell for the same price as Greens to NPC Vendors, so I don't make those for profit, or for my characters for that matter.
    Edited by Nestor on April 28, 2016 8:02PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I did the math on this not too long ago, and basically I can double the money I get making and selling the foods and drinks to NPC Vendors than selling the Ingredients at 400 to 500 gold a 100 stack in the guild stores. Even at the high end of ingredient pricing and lower end of the things I would make, 1000 gold worth of Ingredients will net you 1600 Gold if you can only make L5 Recipes that sell for 4 Gold Each. Normally, I make things that sell for 5 gold each, so 2000 in gold for 800 to 1000 in ingredients. Note to really make this pay off, don't make any foods or drinks that sell for less than 4 Gold, try to make the ones that sell for 5 gold if you can. But, even Fishy Sticks are profitable at 400 a stack with one ingredient that costs 50 gold to make it. On the PC/NA most fish is sold on guild kiosks for 100 gold a 100 stack, I have even seen it for less.

Again, I use an Addon for this, Cookery Wiz, that lets me que up several foods and drinks and the quantities I want. I tell it to cook the order, then go do other things while it is processing. Heck, one session I had the other week, I started the order, then went to the store for a few things and I came back and it was still processing the cooking. Earned 25K gold that time. Usually I just minimize the game and surf the web while this is going on.

I never use Purples unless I am making something for one of my characters or a friend. And, Blues sell for the same price as Greens to NPC Vendors, so I don't make those for profit, or for my characters for that matter.

This is great. I've never done the math on the guild stores, so it's good to see that the NPC route is the best option. I envy you that add-on even if it's doing the processing in real time. Now just imagine, that was me this morning... click........ click......... click..........

I also stay away from Blues and Purples unless I intend to use them, otherwise it's a waste of the extra ingredients used to make them.