Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Issues for PS4

ObsidianKaesken
Okay, so I'm going to ask the public for assistance. I've filed a report over this issue but the staff members doesn't seem to be reading reports. Their responses make me wonder if all they noticed "Oh, so it's a character report. Let me copy/paste this default in hopes it helps them." without even reading what the report was.

I've had character issues in the past (or so I thought) that turned out to be quest-related (my poor skills at paying attention to the questlog) but had the staff member READ my report, they would have been able to inform me of some possible things to do to fix the situation (like the deleting Application Saved Data, as I was suggested in my most recent report -- I'll continue this below) or that I could reread my quest log to be sure that it wasn't quest-related. Instead, I get told about how to get unstuck and other common situations. And I'm like ............

Well, this time I have a tree-like symbol shaded (it's black with white outlines -- which I've discovered means that there's a quest in that location that I haven't completed yet, so I go off in search for the quest. Couldn't find them so I figured ok, maybe they have to be unlocked. I bypassed the entire town of Greenshade and now I'm in Malabal Tor. So I go back to Greenshade to see if I've unlocked the quest. Nope. Still shaded and I cannot find the quest giver. So I continue my way into Reaper's March. I'm half way into that area and decide to go back. Nothing.

So I Google the town name and found out that the quest is named "The Falinesti Faithful" and is given by the NPC Egannor. I watched a Youtube video and found where he's supposed to be at and I go to that location. Sure enough, he's right there with no black arrow and he'll talk to me about his situation but he has no quest to give. I've attempted to search Google to see if I have to unlock him or how to unlock him and ended with no results. So I file a ticket to say that I never was given this quest.

The first person to respond told me some options to do, which the first two were good suggestions, but the third suggestion was to abandon the quest and start it again so I told them that I cannot abandon a quest I did not get.. I'm trying to get the quest and it's not giving it to me at all.

The second person to respond apologized and told me about trying to delete the ESO's saved data under my PS4's settings. I asked if it wasn't going to remove my character information.

The third person to respond assured me that it wasn't. So after I did it, I popped back on ESO and went in search of the quest. Still nothing, so I responded back that it unfortunately did not work. I'll just look around to see if I missed something. Perhaps I just haven't unlocked him yet?

The fourth person to respond practically repeated a few of the already mentioned options and I'm like ......for serious? I'd rather work with 1 person. This entire 3 people responding to my 1 ticket is kind of over kill and it's quite obvious that some of them aren't reading the tickets filed and are just throwing "common situation" answers your way in hopes that it resolved the situation.

So..... Here I am. Asking the public instead since I keep getting assigned a new staff member and half of them are illiterate.

Do I have to unlock this quest? If so, can someone please message me on how to do that? Or is my game bugged or glitched in some way and this quest just isn't available to me when it should be?

Thank you for your time.
ObsidianKaesken
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ObsidianKaesken

Although I'm answering you it's sad to say that it's with an answer that won't really help you.

As I too have had similar things happen to me in this game. I tried everything I could think of and asked others, but to no avail. In the end I decided that it was just another glitch. That will probably be ironed out sometime down the line. So I just moved on, coming back every now and again to check.

There were only one or two occasions when this occurred and these were in the early days of the game and with a different character. Who I haven't played with for sometime, even so he reached level 50 VR5. Then I started from scratch with a new character and he is now level 50 VR16 and although there have been many glitches on my journey, none were like those.

So I guess what I'm really saying is, you could always start again with another character. I have four so far.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, good luck
    High Elf, VampArconist
  • JimmyKeal
    JimmyKeal
    Sounds dumb but have you tried logging in and out again? I've had it in the past where NPC's are meant to appear at certain spots and just disappear all together. I completely log out of the game and have to log back in, this is even for world bosses and dolmens sometimes...

It started happening to me more frequently a few weeks back when the Jubilee cake came along with a few other patches to the PS4 version. People started complaining that quests were glitching even more, so ZOS looked into it.

The PC version of the game has already been patched up with certain quest bugs since the cake came in, but the console versions have to wait a few weeks. I'm guessing that this quest could be on that list that are temporarily broken in parts on console?

I'm stuck with a quest at the minute called 'Proving the Deed'. I'm meant to search somebody's home for clues, but once I've searched the house, the quest doesn't advance any further. I opened up a ticket with ZOS, at first they claimed it was to do with my connection and I'm the only one suffering from it. But after more and more complaints, they acknowledged the issue and are now looking at patching it over, but advised me it would be a few weeks wait (this was last week).

I've had to leave that quest for the time being and do other things, my suggestion would be to do the same thing until there's another patch update. Just know you're not the only one suffering with this on PS4! :) Don't delete any files/saves from your PS4 harddrive though, that's bad advice IMO, and could ruin your character/achievements.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bypassed the entire town of Greenshade and now I'm in Malabal Tor. So I go back to Greenshade to see if I've unlocked the quest. Nope. Still shaded and I cannot find the quest giver. So I continue my way into Reaper's March. I'm half way into that area and decide to go back. Nothing.

So I Google the town name and found out that the quest is named "The Falinesti Faithful" and is given by the NPC Egannor. I watched a Youtube video and found where he's supposed to be at and I go to that location. Sure enough, he's right there with no black arrow and he'll talk to me about his situation but he has no quest to give.

With different zones, you get the quest to send you the next zone in the zone you are in, not the zone you are going to. Also, the zone quests don't start in the Marbruk area, and the Falensti Faithful quest is towards the end of the zone, not the beginning.

See this video to see where to start the Greenshade quest line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNVlylsJr0&feature=iv&src_vid=_gt5SidGmY8&annotation_id=annotation_2008378519

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ObsidianKaesken
    Thanks, everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Life priorities, y'know? I finally ended up getting a staff member who actually read my report and responded accordingly and we came to the conclusion that it wasn't the quest that I thought it was but instead the one with the bear named Periel that is holding me back which they said is a known issue.

I tried all you guys' suggestions but no dice. I also found out online that a lot of people are having issues with that particular quest (I don't recall what it's called, Beast of (something). I can't seem to subdue the bear and a lot of others even attempted to gang up on her all at once to try to subdue her but to no avail.

I'll just have to wait until they fix that particular quest. Again, thanks, guys!