Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Blacksmithing/ Woodworking/Clothing writs, do 1/10 (jute etc) writs give gold mats?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so I'm in need of gold mats. My question is if I have low level characters doing the basic iron/maple/jute writs will the bags still have a chance for giving gold mats?

Also if anyone knows how much do the chances increase or is there no increase? Ie 1/10 writs compared to 10/10, thanks.
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low lvls can get gold mats, but I'd suggest doing them on every toon you have. Also, put 75 CP in the shadow tree to help increase your chances of getting higher quality items. As far as the drop rate, I'm not sure of what it is; but I got quiet a few gold resins/tempers/runes this week on 6 toons. So try it and see if it works for you. Also RNG can be a d**k sometimes. lol
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kwivur Thanks for your response. You mentioned you got a few gold mats this week, was that doing the low level writs - jute, maple and iron?

Also is that shadow passive really worth it? Not a fan of my CP being in there but if it was just for low alts I wouldn't mind.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.. I have a V16, V4, V3, lvl 37, lvl 24 and a lvl 19 doing writs and I get gold from all of them. Some more than others, but that's the RNG crap. Yeah, the shadow passive makes a difference, but don't quote me on that. I just started doing my writs on all of these toons less than 2 weeks ago, but the gold drops have been significant with the passive.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kwivur Thanks for the info, will give it a go.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwivur wrote: »
    Yes.. I have a V16, V4, V3, lvl 37, lvl 24 and a lvl 19 doing writs and I get gold from all of them. Some more than others, but that's the RNG crap. Yeah, the shadow passive makes a difference, but don't quote me on that. I just started doing my writs on all of these toons less than 2 weeks ago, but the gold drops have been significant with the passive.

Thanks for info about shadow passive. Either my rng luck got better or that passive really helps quite a bit.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Kwivur wrote: »

Thanks for info about shadow passive. Either my rng luck got better or that passive really helps quite a bit.

np