The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Changing the mechanics of Shield Spells

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
We bring back Absorption Shield duration back up to 20 seconds, we give all shields a 25% boost in strength by default. We then change Shield spells to absorb half of the incoming damage instead of all of it, so when you take damage it's a 50:50 split between the Absorption Shield and your Health. The Champion bonus Bastion effects changes how much can be redirected to the Absorption Shield.

Shield to Health % ratio with Bastion:
27 points 60:40
48 points 65:35
78 points 71:29
100 points 75:25
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real issue is not being able to crit shields
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We bring back Absorption Shield duration back up to 20 seconds, we give all shields a 25% boost in strength by default. We then change Shield spells to absorb half of the incoming damage instead of all of it, so when you take damage it's a 50:50 split between the Absorption Shield and your Health. The Champion bonus Bastion effects changes how much can be redirected to the Absorption Shield.

Shield to Health % ratio with Bastion:
    27 points 60:40
    48 points 65:35
    78 points 71:29
    100 points 75:25

Yeah..... No way...

So sorcs get a free crit immunity while taking 25% longer to get their shields down cos 25% of our damage is going directly to their hp? No thanks. Plus you want to increase shield strength by 25%??? jesus I want to know what brand of skooma you been smoking cos I want some of that..

10 k hardened ward becomes 12.5k. And now I need to do 12.5 x 1.25 = 15.6 k damage to break 1 hardened ward..... And I cant crit you... This would be one heck of a ridiculous buff to shields...
    Edited by Vangy on April 27, 2016 7:22AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we make it so you have to hold down the button to keep the shield up,regen is halted while maintaining the shield, and each incoming attack drains your resources?
    PS4 / NA
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    How about we make it so you have to hold down the button to keep the shield up,regen is halted while maintaining the shield, and each incoming attack drains your resources?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but holding the button down? Bad idea no other ability works like this and would change gameplay dramatically IMO.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but holding the button down? Bad idea no other ability works like this and would change gameplay dramatically IMO.

I was, in fact, being sarcastic - I was relating the mechanics of blocking with a shield/weapon to the abilities.
    PS4 / NA