Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

THE DAWN OF THE STAMINA PAWNAGE

Vangy
Vangy
✭✭✭✭✭
HOLY batman,

Them PTS notes look EPIC for stamina with DB.... Especially the DK/NB changes and the across the board nerf to shield durations (down from 20 to 6 seconds) duration. The FG changes look delicious too. Discuss:

For reference in case anyone still dosent know --> http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261799/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-0#latest

I can see it now, my stamDK with poison breath, poison unstable flame comboed with the volley and poison injec from bow + all my passives boosting poison damage with applied poisons WEEEEEE~ + I can slot evil hunter + Flawless DB for bonus weapon damage. Hallelujah!

TAKE MY MONEY ZOS TAKE IT NOW TAKE IT! WROBEL HAVE MY BABIES PLS~
Edited by Vangy on April 26, 2016 5:07AM
(2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
(2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
(2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
(1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the fighters guild changes.

One big change I think got passed over by a lot if people though: bone shield now absorbs all damage types and scales off of stamina instead of health
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about ready to give up on my stamblade,but I might stick with it now
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you think this patch will make magic nb worse?
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to start focusing on my v3 Magicka Sorc to make sure all skills are leveled but maybe I'll focus on my v1 Stamblade. Would be a pain to empty my Sorc's inventory anyway since he is my gear mats mule. Dude could use some crafting bags.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »

I dont really think so. Magicka didnt get 'nerfed' much, except for the change in duration on damage shields and a reduction in damage for magicka detonation. Those things aside, it looks like magicka basically stays the same (some minor changes for mages guild abilities, and some improvements for vampires), but stamina is getting a lot of fixes and improvements which is why all the stamina guys are going nuts.

Personally, I'm liking the changes from what I can see. I've been playing a stamina nightblade main since PC beta, and it's always felt like an uphill battle compared to magicka builds. Poor resource management, poor survivability, and not really any extra damage potential, especially in aoe. It's about time stamina got some love.

The changes to the fighters guild abilities will make them much more useful, especially in pvp. I LOVE that expert hunter is becoming a stamina magelight now, allowing us to see stealthed enemies. That's one thing stamina builds needed was a way to counter stealth and invisibility. I also like that the fighters guild abilities will now be useful against everyone, not just daedra/undead.

The undaunted changes are looking good too: a ranged aoe root/poison based on stamina with trapping webs, that looks like an amazing ability to pair with a bow for bombardment/barrage AoE. The change to bone shield becoming a stamina-scaling ability now is even better, as it will give stamina builds a much needed survivability boost: until now, there were really no stamina based damage shields, and magicka ruled the damage shield game. Now we have a counterpart to that.

I'm looking forward to the class changes too, I kinda hope that the poison-based dragonknight stamina abilities are given new visual effects (green fire, anyone? that'd look awesome on my khajiit dk).
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but I looked at this and thought we are going to have no stamina to use these new shiny things with, block cost increased, cc break cost increased, poisons reduce resource (stamina) and I could be wrong but it looks like the stam Regen proc from evil hunter looks to be missing.

This is just from patch notes as I'm on console and don't have test server access to try this out.
    Options
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing some duels on the PTS with my stamblade, and have lower stats than on the live server due to gear and less CP, but I seem to be killing people way quicker. I'm assuming this is due to some of the skills being changes to do disease damage instead of magica.

In short, I feel really strong fighting basically anything. I like.
    Edited by DDemon on April 26, 2016 7:03PM
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar looks beefy too with auto snare/dmg for being in our house. Wish it was a bit higher but overall I think this patch is a huge buff.

Only stam class that looks boned was Stam Sorc.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why on Tamriel would the developers add stam shielding instead of removing mag shielding when the playerbase has made clear that shields make for sucky PvP????
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad to here you like the patch. It is pretty great.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicious death will be around for awhile yet to come. Magica didn't make much a hit.
    Options
  • JAMESLJNR
    JAMESLJNR
    ✭✭
    What does everyone think of Stamplar?
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Personally, I'm liking the changes from what I can see. I've been playing a stamina nightblade main since PC beta, and it's always felt like an uphill battle compared to magicka builds. Poor resource management, poor survivability, and not really any extra damage potential, especially in aoe. It's about time stamina got some love

You lost me there. Poor resource management? Survivability? On stamblades? Rofl
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JAMESLJNR wrote: »
    What does everyone think of Stamplar?

I think it will be much better. After patch if enemys walk in your purifying ritual they will be 30% slower and that is much. Purifying ritual will also do damage. Also burning light passive can scale from your weapon damage after upcoming patch.

With all those templar inprovements stamina will be better with all other ways, so stamplar will be great after patch.

And remember that stamplar is allready good!
    Edited by Ghettokid on April 27, 2016 8:58AM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last thing stamina builds need is a shield that scales of their main stat (stamina). Welcome dodgeshieldmeta. Bad decision zos.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Last thing stamina builds need is a shield that scales of their main stat (stamina). Welcome dodgeshieldmeta. Bad decision zos.

Between shuffle and vigor/rally, don't think most people are even going to slot this. Unless ofcourse you are on a tanky build. I cant forsee giving up any skillslots on my stam dk or stam nb for this meagre 6 second shield. Nowhere near as good as shuffle + dodge roll and block.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Personally, I'm liking the changes from what I can see. I've been playing a stamina nightblade main since PC beta, and it's always felt like an uphill battle compared to magicka builds. Poor resource management, poor survivability, and not really any extra damage potential, especially in aoe. It's about time stamina got some love

I'm with Etaniel here.
    I remember the 18k Wrecking Blow spam, the Spamnadoes, the Rollblades and the 4k+ weapon over 3k spell damage. Also, the supremacy of Mighty cp star.
    Dude, have you even played PvP?
    Stamina builds, especially Nightblades, were on top of the world after Imperial City hit. Even before, honestly. What people are experiencing now after TG is how we magicians felt for over half a year, and it's not nearly as bad. Now that we can actually hit hard, thanks to changes to Elemental Expert and Nirnhoned, stam builds just have to work for their kill like everyone else.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Compared to magicka? Hell yes. I go stealthing around as Stam and run out of my resource. I can go permanent cloak with magicka. Stamina only has two heals,magicka has an entire array.
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll admit though, I never played between ic and thieves guild, I quit back around the time craglorn came out and just recently returned. Guess I missed the age of stamina, at least another is on the way
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Compared to magicka? Hell yes. I go stealthing around as Stam and run out of my resource. I can go permanent cloak with magicka. Stamina only has two heals,magicka has an entire array.

Again.. on a stamblade?

Stop stealthing around then.. you don't regen stamina on when sneaking anymore.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Templar looks beefy too with auto snare/dmg for being in our house. Wish it was a bit higher but overall I think this patch is a huge buff.

Again lol.

They seriously hate stam sorcs.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An entire array of heals?

Um... i know nbs and temps got heals, I hear gdb is no good.

But im a sorc so all my heals are tied to a pet or a staff. There is no array of heals for us... and the stam heals don't have to be spammed.

The reason why temps, is they had great survivability pre DB in stam builds, so now it's natural to look towards them now that they have gained more.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha "have my babies Wrobel" :smiley: too funny. Thank you I needed a good laugh bro.
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Again lol.

They seriously hate stam sorcs.

Makes me sad cause my Stam sorc is just sitting there waiting for a balance patch. Guess I'll focus on Stamplar and StamKnight for DB.
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Personally, I'm liking the changes from what I can see. I've been playing a stamina nightblade main since PC beta, and it's always felt like an uphill battle compared to magicka builds. Poor resource management, poor survivability, and not really any extra damage potential, especially in aoe.

POOR RESOURCE MANAGEMENT?
    Nb's have the most OP resource management of any class aside from the DK passive of Battle Roar.

1. REFRESHING SHADOWS PASSIVE: Increases Stamina, Health, Magicka Recovery by 15%
    2. SIPHONING ATTACKS: Light and Heavy attacks restore 1090 Magicka & Stamina, Have 10% chance to restore additional 2181 Magicka and Stamina

POOR SURVIVABILITY?
    1. MASS HYSTERIA: One of the strongest hard CC's in the game, CC'ing 3 people at once within your range.
    2. CLOAK: one of the strongest escapes in the game, and now also gives you Minor Protection for 8% damage reduction after coming out of Dark Cloak.
    3. VEIL OF BLADES: This ultimate nerfs incoming damage by 30%.
    4. SHADOW BARRIER PASSIVE: gives you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical/Spell resist.
    5. DARK VIGOR PASSIVE: gives you 2% max health for every shadow ability slotted
    6. SOUL SIPHONER PASSIVE: gives Increased healing by 3% for each siphoning ability slotted.

NOT REALLY ANY EXTRA DAMAGE POTENTIAL?
    Nb's have the highest "extra damage potential" of any class in the game.

1. AMBUSH: A gap closer that deals physical damage and is also an empower
    2. SURPRISE ATTACK: an instant cast physical damage skill and also applies major fracture
    3. MERCILESS RESOLVE: Gives you minor beserk (8% damage increase) which now has a stam version and with 4 light attacks (which can be applied while weaving) procs spectral bow dealing literally always 10k+ instant damage
    4. INCAPACITATING STRIKE: an ultimate that now scales off of disease damage, is 50 ultimate, and a stun, hitting for 12-15k on pts.
    5. DRAIN POWER: one morph gives you both major brutality and major sorcery, the stamina version gives you major brutality.
    6. PIERCING MARK: gives you major fracture and major breach, reducing targets physical and spell resist.
    7. MASTER ASSASSIN PASSIVE: gives 10% extra spell/weapon damage when invisible or stealthed
    8. PRESSURE POINTS PASSIVE: gives Increased crit strike ratings for each assassination ability slotted
    9. HEMORRHAGE PASSIVE: gives Increased damage dealt by critical strikes by 10%.
    10. CATALYST PASSIVE: gives you 20 ultimate when drinking a potion --- KEEP IN MIND THAT INCAP STRIKE 50 ultimate.

Please learn your class before you come making ill-informed statements on the forums.
    Edited by Jules on April 27, 2016 4:55PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Personally, I'm liking the changes from what I can see. I've been playing a stamina nightblade main since PC beta, and it's always felt like an uphill battle compared to magicka builds. Poor resource management, poor survivability, and not really any extra damage potential, especially in aoe.

Nb's have the most OP resource management of any class aside from the DK passive of Battle Roar.

1. REFRESHING SHADOWS PASSIVE: Increases Stamina, Health, Magicka Recovery by 15%
    2. SIPHONING ATTACKS: Light and Heavy attacks restore 1090 Magicka & Stamina, Have 10% chance to restore additional 2181 Magicka and Stamina

POOR SURVIVABILITY?
    1. MASS HYSTERIA: One of the strongest hard CC's in the game, CC'ing 3 people at once within your range.
    2. CLOAK: one of the strongest escapes in the game, and now also gives you Minor Protection for 8% damage reduction after coming out of Dark Cloak.
    4. SHADOW BARRIER PASSIVE: gives you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical/Spell resist.
    6. SOUL SIPHONER PASSIVE: gives Increased healing by 3% for each siphoning ability slotted.

2. SURPRISE ATTACK: an instant cast physical damage skill and also applies major fracture
    3. MERCILESS RESOLVE: Gives you minor beserk (8% damage increase) which now has a stam version and with 4 light attacks (which can be applied while weaving) procs spectral bow dealing literally always 10k+ instant damage
    4. INCAPACITATING STRIKE: an ultimate that now scales off of disease damage, is 50 ultimate, and a stun, hitting for 12-15k on pts.
    5. DRAIN POWER: one morph gives you both major brutality and major sorcery, the stamina version gives you major brutality.
    6. PIERCING MARK: gives you major fracture and major breach, reducing targets physical and spell resist.
    7. MASTER ASSASSIN PASSIVE: gives 10% extra spell/weapon damage when invisible or stealthed
    8. PRESSURE POINTS PASSIVE: gives Increased crit strike ratings for each assassination ability slotted
    10. CATALYST PASSIVE: gives you 20 ultimate when drinking a potion --- KEEP IN MIND THAT INCAP STRIKE 50 ultimate.

Please learn your class before you come making ill-informed statements on the forums.

Prior to the changes to Siphoning Attacks that allowed it to proc with Caltrops and other DoTs continuously, I would've agreed with you on the resource management aspect of your argument, however, this is no longer the case. Since the changes to SA, stamina management has become much harder to do in long fights. Our burst potential is still quite high true but our sustainability has suffered greatly and causes our numbers to start to fall off the longer a fight draws out. You can no longer build solely on damage and have to add some sustain to your build or else you'll start falling behind, which is why a great deal of NB I know have started to swear by the Marksmen set as a means of maintaining their resources while minimizing their loss of DPS, myself included.

The same cannot be said of magic builds that can get by with ~1k regen at best and can pump out large numbers without having to worry as often about their resources in long confrontations.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

POOR SURVIVABILITY?

Prior to the changes to Siphoning Attacks that allowed it to proc with Caltrops and other DoTs continuously, I would've agreed with you on the resource management aspect of your argument, however, this is no longer the case. Since the changes to SA, stamina management has become much harder to do in long fights. Our burst potential is still quite high true but our sustainability has suffered greatly and causes our numbers to start to fall off the longer a fight draws out. You can no longer build solely on damage and have to add some sustain to your build or else you'll start falling behind, which is why a great deal of NB I know have started to swear by the Marksmen set as a means of maintaining their resources while minimizing their loss of DPS, myself included.

The same cannot be said of magic builds that can get by with ~1k regen at best and can pump out large numbers without having to worry as often about their resources in long confrontations.

Shhhhhhhh.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblades don't even need cloak to be extremely effective in pvp lol. They wreck face already as is. And let me know how a magblade has more heals than rally+vigor? I only use one heal on a magblade...
    Edited by Moglijuana on April 27, 2016 6:25PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

POOR SURVIVABILITY?

Except you know... our stam. Two maybe three CC breaks and that's it, if they increased the cost, then definitely two at most. Then gg. Now you have an uncritiable shield too.

The only thing that gace a sorc a chance against a stam blade was to survive the initial burst then counter attack on the squishy NB,

Now they not so squishy, imo making them the superior choice. When looking at sorcs and nbs that is.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

POOR SURVIVABILITY?

Magicka builds get by with 1k magicka? What magicka build?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options