Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Load Screen Optimization

Parsifal
Parsifal
✭✭
Does anyone know how to shorten the loading screens in the game? I haven't been playing as often as I used to, and a large part of that is the fact that I spend forever waiting at load screens. The game runs perfectly fine once it loads, and even at max settings in crowded areas I have ~50fps. I often will spend 5+ minutes waiting at load screens when switching maps or logging in though, leaving me to spend much of my game sessions alt-tabbed and waiting.

The only time that load screens seem to shorten is for certain quests/instances/delves where I am moving to a smaller area. For example, load screens to enter a trial may only last 15 seconds, but when I warp to Cyrodil I may be waiting for quite some time.
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try to log-in and i wait 2 minutes or more on the loading screen before i select my character.....

It makes it hard for me to play the game..
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • Lunovus
    Lunovus
    ✭✭
    Initial loading time after a patch is long, cause the game is re-compiling the shaders.

If your zoning times are long, try to disable some of your addons, like Harvest Map or Master Merchant.
    These addons work with DB files whose sizes increase with time, leading to long loading times.
    Edited by Lunovus on April 26, 2016 12:38PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually get kicked into two loading screens each time I enter a town via a Wayshrine and travel through it. For instance in Mournhold once I get there from the main shrine, my first loading screen is the top of the steps on the way to the Undaunted place. Second one happens at the steps near the stable on the way there also. It's very annoying but on the bright side I can predict them, so if I jump my mount at the right moment, I can get stuck floating in the air, which amuses people, and sometimes it's fun to finally get out of the loading screen to see that there's a small crowd around me staring :D

Edit: I should say that this has always happened to me in the game, even before I got MM. And I've tried turning graphics down and it doesn't help either.
    Edited by Glaiceana on April 26, 2016 12:46PM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Göttermutter
    Göttermutter
    ✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    I usually get kicked into two loading screens each time I enter a town via a Wayshrine and travel through it. For instance in Mournhold once I get there from the main shrine, my first loading screen is the top of the steps on the way to the Undaunted place. Second one happens at the steps near the stable on the way there also. It's very annoying but on the bright side I can predict them, so if I jump my mount at the right moment, I can get stuck floating in the air, which amuses people, and sometimes it's fun to finally get out of the loading screen to see that there's a small crowd around me staring :D

Edit: I should say that this has always happened to me in the game, even before I got MM. And I've tried turning graphics down and it doesn't help either.

Such like youisee every day.
    1:) clean up your computer and get him some fresh air
    2.)Ram check or to less ram
    3.) Buy a new computer