The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ducit Amor Patriae (EP, PvP)

Keso314
Keso314
Greeting fellow patriotic Pact soldiers and filthy yellow-blue scum. Some time ago I posted a thread looking for a guild to further the glory of the Pact. Unfortunately, the responses were slightly less than I had hoped for, so I decided to try to start one up instead. Here is my pitch:

Do you want to:
  • Rise in the leaderboard, and claim the title of Emperor?
  • Crush your enemies in glorious large scale battles?
  • Earn the best rewards and the respect of your peers?
  • See the world, meet exotic women, lose weight, enlarge your ***?

Then: Go somewhere else.

The problem with PvP, as I see it, is that poor strategy is rewarded, while good tactics is not. For example, scouting enemy position and movement can lead to massive gains, but the player doing the scouting doesn’t get anything for it. Keeping forces in reserve can change the course of a battle, but the players sitting in stealth while the others fight doesn’t get anything. Keeping players behind enemy lines to disrupt movement, and being generally annoying can be extremely useful, but those players will get a fraction of the APs they would have gotten had they simply been running with the zerg.

So, with that in mind. Do you want to:
  • Sit around for long stretches of time, doing pretty much nothing?
  • Get pitiful rewards for hard work?
  • Share that pitiful reward with fellow members who got even less?
  • See worse player than you surge past you in the leaderboards?
  • Do what is necessary to bring glory to the Pact, and purge its enemies once and for all?

Or, if you’re a dirty blue, or filthy yellow, AND want to plead for mercy.

Join: Ducit Amor Patriae
  • RabNebula
    RabNebula
    ✭✭✭
    Keso314 wrote: »
    Greeting fellow patriotic Pact soldiers and filthy yellow-blue scum. Some time ago I posted a thread looking for a guild to further the glory of the Pact. Unfortunately, the responses were slightly less than I had hoped for, so I decided to try to start one up instead. Here is my pitch:

Do you want to:

The problem with PvP, as I see it, is that poor strategy is rewarded, while good tactics is not. For example, scouting enemy position and movement can lead to massive gains, but the player doing the scouting doesn’t get anything for it. Keeping forces in reserve can change the course of a battle, but the players sitting in stealth while the others fight doesn’t get anything. Keeping players behind enemy lines to disrupt movement, and being generally annoying can be extremely useful, but those players will get a fraction of the APs they would have gotten had they simply been running with the zerg.

• Do what is necessary to bring glory to the Pact, and purge its enemies once and for all?

Sounds like you should have posted to join The Asaro for our pvp ;D One of the guilds that worked to help take Scourge off AD originally. All about strategy and communicating to push red forward.
  • Keso314
    Keso314
    RabNebula wrote: »
    Keso314 wrote: »

Do you want to:

Sounds like you should have posted to join The Asaro for our pvp ;D One of the guilds that worked to help take Scourge off AD originally. All about strategy and communicating to push red forward.

Yea, l've seen you guys around, and you definitively know what you're doing. The reason I chose to start my own guild is that I would like to start small, figure out what works, and try to scale that up. However with the activity levels on this forum I'm not really expecting this to get of the ground, so you might see me apply in a week or so.