The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any tips for stamina sorcorer tank

DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris
✭✭✭
I am kinda balanced with magica and stamina. I use my magic to self heal, and stamina abilities to taunt and block and basically dont have much stamina to do much else.

Most of my points are in health I think i have 36 in health. I am vet level 2.

Im saying this because i saw a vet level 16 doing crazy damage while not even waiting for me as he could absorb so much damage he would just move on without me. So he was doing ridiculous damage and having high survivability. Any tips to improve? or is this just because he was a vet 16.
  • DanteVFenris
    DanteVFenris
    ✭✭✭
    what are good abilities to have and stats for a sorcerer with 1 hand and shield? Also Wearing full heavy armour. champion points I feel like I know where to go.
    Edited by DanteVFenris on April 25, 2016 3:12PM
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certainly a number of ways you can go about making a good stam sorc tank. My particular "flavor" caters to a build utilizing 5 Footman, 5 Leeching Plate, and 2 optional pieces. For the optional pieces I would recommend 2 Hist Bark (physical resistance), Endurance (health), Blood Spawn, or Engine Guardian.

The Leeching Plate aoe proc doesn't scale up with you max stamina and weapon damage, however it does scale with CP. As such, I would put all of your Mage points into physically-oriented stars, such as Mighty, Precise Strikes, and maybe some Thaumaturge (which will boost Leeching). Then, I recommend 74 block expert, 1 spell shield, and the rest into Hardy, Thick Skinned, and Elemental Defender in a 2:1:1 ratio, respectively. For Thief points, I tend to favor reduced cost over regen, but you have more flexibility here to cater to your preference.

Skill choices include Pierce Armor, Inner Fire, Defensive Stance (or Absorb Magicka), Bound Armaments (mostly for the stamina increase, but also the small bit of resistances), and Lightning Form (either morph), and Evasion (medium armor skill). I would note that Lightning Form isn't absolutely necessary for every sorc tank. The major benefit to running it is Major Ward / Resolve, but with enough heavy armor your resistances aren't that big of an issue. I like it specifically for the movement speed, which helps to close the gap on enemies, particularly at the start of a fight you haven't had a chance to taunt yet. The main source of mitigation for you is block mitigation. For pve, this makes physical and spell resistances slightly less important than in pvp, where you won't be able to block all the time (i.e. you got feared or something, that's when your resistances really come into play because you aren't blocking).

I've seen a few stam sorc tanks do things a bit differently, and at the end of the day it's going to come down to your flavor preference. If you're using Footman, you can afford to run pretty much any other set with it you want, because it grants you a level of block mitigation that no other set can do by itself. With this, I elude to the concept that you can easily replace Leeching (which is very difficult to get ahold of). Were I to replace Leeching, it would be with Tava's. In practice, you'll want to keep your Evasion active 100% of the time, and every time you dodge, Tava's will proc and grant you ultimate. This is incredibly useful for your group if you run Agg. War Horn. If you choose to do 5 Footman, 5 Tava's, then I recommend your other 2set be Blood Spawn.

Other useful skills as a stam sorc tank might include: Vigor, Dark Deal, Encase, Low Slash (Heroic Slash) and Razor Caltrops.
    Edited by Autolycus on April 25, 2016 4:03PM
    Options