Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question About Crafting Bags

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So it has been stated recently that crafting bags would arrive with Dark Brotherhood. This is awesome! I have upwards of 600 slots taken for crafting mats and desperately need this. Will make ESO a lot more enjoyable as well to be organized much faster.

However, ZOS has specifically mentioned it would be available to ESO Plus members. Will it only be available to ESO Plus members or will it function like DLC content (Sub to get free access until unsub) and also be purchaseable for a large amount of crowns?

As much as I would be fine with subbing, I currently have 10,900 crowns to spend and all DLC purchased. I would spend upwards of 3,000 crowns for this. Will it become available to non subs for a price? Would love to get a response on this if possible :) (please have mercy on my characters!) @ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Vaoh on April 6, 2016 10:05PM

Best Answer

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I know most people were not able to attend the PAX East event and myself included would love to have known what was said, thanks to @Dominoid and his recording that is possible but not everyone can listen so my partner (@JasminaChillibeaner) and I have transcribed the audio for you guys to read. There may be a mistake or two in which case we apologise, just point it out and we will correct it! We may have gotten a speaker wrong here and there but often it's hard to understand exactly who is speaking, apologies to you guys if we did! Thanks to @ZOS_GinaBruno for hosting a great Q&A. :smile:.

For formatting, the questions are numbered and the speakers are:

RL: Rich Lambert @ZOS_RichLambert.
    MF: Mike Finnigan. @ZOS_Finn.
    HP: Heather Powers. @ZOS_Heather.
    JC: Jared Carr.
    JS: Jeremy Sera. @Jekerl.
    LS: Lawrence Schick. @Lawrence_Schick.
    UK: Unknown speaker.
    QA: Question Asker, used for follow-up questions.

Q13: Um, craft bags. How much stuff can I stuff in it?

RL: A shit-ton.
    LS: Using a technical term!
    QA: So like, my entire bank is food which I would love to clear up because I have one character which I have to hold the maps you get at the beginning of the game and so I have to relog a lot which means I'd love to be able to use my bank for other things. Is there a limit?
    RL: There is a limit, it's a really really really big number. I think it's something like 42-billion or something like that. It's insane. I am sure someone will figure out a way to fill it completely but it's unrealistic!

Q27: Are crafting bags just for ESO+ members?

RL: Yes.

Q28: Okay so if you are like me and forget to renew your credit card and happen to miss the date it expires what happens to the stuff in your crafting bags and your sub lapses?

RL: You can't put anything into the bags but you can take stuff out as required.

I hope this helps!
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on April 25, 2016 9:33AM
    PC/EU DC
    Answer ✓
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far they've said that it's only an ESO+ feature. They could sell it eventually, but seeing as a neutered banker costs 5k, I imagine an infinite crafting bag would be 10k+.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What happens to all that stuff if you cancel your sub? Have they mentioned that?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What happens to all that stuff if you cancel your sub? Have they mentioned that?

No, but the assumption is that it will work like guild banks when the guild loses members and falls below the bank threshold: all your stuff stays in the bag and you can withdraw from it but you cannot place anything new into the bag.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they have not, but I imagine it will be just like a Guild Bank that goes below the minimum member count. You can take stuff out, but not put anything back in.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From all that I have heard, if you cancel you sub then you will be able to withdraw items from the bag but will not be able to add any.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who is not subbed will sub for a month put like tens of thousands of materials into their mat bank and then unsub lol
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Everyone who is not subbed will sub for a month put like tens of thousands of materials into their mat bank and then unsub lol

Agreed but ZOS still makes a nice influx of cash if that happens.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what offical updates have there been on crafting bags? Anyone got any links?

i.e. what are they actually for / details etc?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus nothing yet besides that ESO Plus members will have access
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

No, but the assumption is that it will work like guild banks when the guild loses members and falls below the bank threshold: all your stuff stays in the bag and you can withdraw from it but you cannot place anything new into the bag.

they have in a different thread. A ZoS employee stated that you keep the bag and what's in it, but lose the ability to add to it.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $90 seems a bit excessive for a crafting bag, but WTH, I don't have to buy it, right?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    $90 seems a bit excessive for a crafting bag, but WTH, I don't have to buy it, right?
    What do you mean $90? Link me to the thread if you can please. Thats insane
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP post, I guess I got his "I have 10K crowns mixed up with what he would pay", which is how I came up with $90. To this is what I was referring, nothing zos said anywhere, sorry for the confusion.
    Edited by emily3989 on April 20, 2016 8:19PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    The OP post, I guess I got his "I have 10K crowns mixed up with what he would pay", which is how I came up with $90. To this is what I was referring, nothing zos said anywhere, sorry for the confusion.

Oh, okay. Np lol. I'd never pay that price, but would definitely hold a grudge against ZOS for putting something essential for crafters behind such a massive paywall. I will be happy with 3K for this. We shall soon see....
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From all I have read Crafting Bags will be for ESO+ members only.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    I too am not subscription and have no plans on becoming one even if it means missing out. Most crafting mats up to a full stack fits in the bank, extras go onto 3 other bank mules. I mainly only play 3-4 of my characters anyway.
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    I think something this good needs to either stay ESO+ only of have a very hefty crown price , like 10K +