The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Most op class 1vX

Ariades_swe
Ariades_swe
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by Ariades_swe on April 21, 2016 7:29PM

Most op class 1vX 188 votes

Magicka NB
28%
rfennell_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESObirdbrainlessb14_ESOJahoelMorvulWtrengaAllPlayAndNoWorkSeptimus_Magnaanitajoneb17_ESOhenrycupcakerwb17_ESODyrideChillicnudelMillerman34nRoamingRiverElkSanct16timidobserverMojomonkeymanMinalanIsbilen 53 votes
Stamina NB
10%
pjwb16_ESODilarnbyrom101b16_ESOSimen.askeland89b16_ESOElhananAromakglaviusslowpoke68HyssiaCatchMeTrollingIdesofMarch2syko809SharmonyBrutusmax1musBlackfyre20dereck_phantomdashimasusmitdsZahcy 19 votes
Mag Sorc
40%
SolarikenMoeCoastieJaidenssewallb14_ESOXsorusKasdsa.adab16_ESOIruil_ESOWillhelmBlackRebmelloni_aleb16_ESOLava_CroftOpuxDredlordbuho.29eb17_ESOAenlirMaximillianDiENonamesbutmineub17_ESOKaaldeinFarorin 77 votes
Mag DK
5%
MJWesslingb14_ESOK4RMACouslyRajajshkaLynx7386SpliffoJohnRingoAriades_sweitzeffectfrownsyndromes 10 votes
Stam DK
5%
AzureButterflyparkourpageeb17_ESOolsborgGreenSoup2HoTRillaThe-Baconatortennant94NeilBongStrongtxtorpedoMitsumi 10 votes
Mag Temp
4%
EshelmenKris_wbgbigereardDevve777recnepsXsmashxomnigulDracan_FontomHutch679 8 votes
Stam Temp
5%
hammayolettuceshadowcoderPchelaZounimtwiggzTostieeFriedEggSandwichKoreanAwtamaticSkinzziam_slickone888and888 11 votes
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Looks pretty balanced to me... Sorry Stam builds
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • Tostiee
    Tostiee
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Temp
    I find it a lot easier to 1vX on my stamplar then on my mag sorc/templar. Probably because I have better sustain on my stamplar though.
    Xbox One EU
    CP 1000+
    vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 Immortal Redeemer - vCR +3 - vDSA - vBRP - vMA
    High Elf Sorcerer AD (DD)
    Breton Templar AD (Healer main)
    Redguard Templar AD (PvP)
    Breton Nightblade AD (DD)
    Redguard Dragonknight AD (Tank)
    Redguard Templar EP (PvP)
    Breton Warden EP (Healer)
    Dark Elf Dragonknight DC (PvP)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone is "OP" on their own.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    Sorry, but cloaking away from a theoretically infinite amount of attacks and gap closers is the most broken thing in this game's PvP.
    And on top, magicka NBs are the best users of the Vicious Death bomb, which is how Cyrodiil works right now.
    Maybe 2017 we'll see a non-NB class being used the most in Cyrodiil...
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Sorc has insta heal shields and can bait players to over extend alot easier then the rest of the classes. And if it gets to be to much they can los streak away. And there is no ability that prevents them from bolt escape, like dks spamming burning embers on a dodge rolling nb. You just have to test abilities to see whats broken each patch lol
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    I am gonna say Magika nb then stamina Templar then Magika sourc

Magika nb can often control the fight using cloak and has insane burst Dps. I slot purge on mine quite a lot these days. I get extra recovery and can escape situations where I have been marked and snared badly and still cloak and then come back to try burst down multiple players.

Stamina Templar. I haven't played as one but from what I have seen stamplars are extremely strong at the moment.

Magika sourc would be number 1 except streak has been nerfed into the ground. Still very good 1vx but I think stamplars and mageblade is top at this time. I think balance isn't so bad between these 3. They have their own strengths and weakenesses. For sourc 1vsx. I like to setup deadric mines trap for an enemy group In Ic sewers and hit them with dawnbreaker and prox det etc after the were silly enough to take 15k damage from walking over mines
    Edited by aLi3nZ on April 22, 2016 2:03AM
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    1. Magicka Nightblade: The cloak disconnect and insta damage are too much to pass up. Since a lot of their abilities are insta cast, time saved through animation canceling can be maximized. They are the best for group bombing as well.
    2. Magicka Sorc: Ability to stack shields with heavy timed damage works well for groups. Daedric Minefield. and Streak help for the getaway, but must be used early in the fight because of the streak stacking cost.
    3. Templar would be my third....

If it where before Thieves guild, I would have said Stamina Nightblade, but that's only because of what I have seen them do.

The question didn't mention skill level, so the above list assumes a decent player that knows their class and PVP very well.

Oh, and as for OP? I've seen people make each class (Stamina or Magicka) seem OverPowerd. It really depends on the situation and people involved.
    Edited by Omgwtfbbq321 on April 22, 2016 7:33AM
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever see the video of that super OP skilled Magicka NB who defeated over 20 enemy players (all V16) at the same time on his own?

Only took him 1 second.... must be skill......
    Edited by Vaoh on April 22, 2016 9:27AM
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Ever see the video of that super OP skilled Magicka NB who defeated over 20 enemy players (all V16) at the same time on his own?

OP class, doesn't mean only burst damage but survivability also.

Magicka Sorc as both burst damage and survivability. So, hence its an OP class.

I played and die by a Magicka sorc. So, trust me a skilled Sorc can do 1vsX. If done correctly.
    Edited by Van_0S on April 22, 2016 9:34AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK
    I think i read the question too fast and missunderstood, the stam dk can tank and fight 1vX very well, but cant always keep killing ppl in the X. Magsorc can do the killing aswell due to burst, so I think my vote should have been magsorc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    i still have to test stam dk, but so far i find mag sorc insane. other builds may even do better 1v1 (not even sure, tbh) and certainly at no-skill-YOLO bombing enemy groups.

however, mag sorcs are strong 1v1'ers, can combine delayed damage for fairly big spikes (important when 1vX'ing) and especially have the possibility to blink behind an obstacle, place mines, and reset fights. blinking also allows you to prevent every getting cornered (at unless X becomes huge, ofc). Several bowies sniping from different direction? Just blink through one of them, stun and attack him in the progress PLUS leave the others out of range.

that said, i found my sorc to suffer from pings >150 more than other builds i've played and fighting on enemy resources is a nightmare (both eclipse and guard reverb are even more annoying than on other chars). plus, i really don't like to chase other 1vX'ers with the sorc. Without a meele gap closer it is a major pain in the a*** to finish someone with shuffle rolling round a rock (unless they want to come to you). This also means that fighting 1v2 against good players can be near impossible, because you can never finish either opponent quickly enough.

still a GREAT class for 1vX, imho
    Edited by Kas on April 22, 2016 9:52AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another op class thread, you know, i really dont give a care what class is better that what, they are all good as something, they are all bad at something.

what i want is content, this evergoing debate on class balance is irritating and takeing valuable manpower away from giving players new content
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is my stam sorc option ? Kappa
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    Magicka nightblade is awesome for 1vsX with shadow image.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam DK
    Ive seen some crazy stamina dks. I find Sorc's pretty easy to put down if you CC them right but a stam dk healing well is a pain to kill.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What caused stamina builds like the stam DK and NB to drop so far down the list? Was it the addition of physical defense in the champion line or something else.
    Edited by Armitas on April 22, 2016 1:12PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    Should be Mag Sorc on paper, but in actual gameplay Mag Blade is the king. Why? Because they can use Cloak to choose exactly when and where they enter AND exit a fight. This is especially true in the IC, where there is mob aggro everywhere you turn.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    not sure why stam sorc didnt make the list
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Always has, always will be. Unless shield stacking is addressed which is easily done for all classes / builds using the major / minor system. Then they can un-nerf Bolt Escape then we may have class balance both PvE and PvP.
    PC EU
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Armitas wrote: »
    What caused stamina builds like the stam DK and NB to drop so far down the list? Was it the addition of physical defense in the champion line or something else.

for NB, it's the changes to cloak imho.
    Stam DK's might still be the very best duel class (not 100% sure but very possible) but they always had problems in 1vX specifically. So much easier to pick your fights or kite and kill X players and occasionally kill loners if you have blink or shadow image (and maybe still cloak).

apart from that, stam builds used to have lots of movement speed through manoeuvre while rolling and using vigor. with the changes to manoeuvre this got nerfed (though not as much as for groups)

finally, most meele builds always had all damage skilsl buffed by mighty (and only leap as ult). this hasn't changed. meanwhile many mag builds can now push ele+magicka damage through ele expert only whereas they used to have to split between two. imho is is a bigger reason than the physical defense which is used significantly less than the magical one due to the current meta
    Edited by Kas on April 22, 2016 2:24PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Nothing can really come close to the power that is a good Magicka Sorcerer. It can tank, it can DPS and it has high mobility all at once.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

OP class, doesn't mean only burst damage but survivability also.

Magicka Sorc as both burst damage and survivability. So, hence its an OP class.

I played and die by a Magicka sorc. So, trust me a skilled Sorc can do 1vsX. If done correctly.

Trust me, I know how a very strong Magicka Sorc can play :)
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    By far easier on sorc than any other class, cus no other class has it all like sorc. Shield stacking+streak+ranged burst+mines+defensive rune+boundless+third bar to fit it all in= Best 1vX kit in the game.

It's really no contest in comparing mag sorc to the others.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • iam_slickone
    iam_slickone
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Temp
    just kidding... but why no option for stam sorc?
    'Keyser Soze Magic Templar
    Siike Magic Sorcer
    'Haze Stamina NightBlade
    'Caeser Stamina DK
    'Leonidas Stamina Templar
    'Thunder Stamina Sorcer

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Shield stack and mines all day. GG
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Temp
    just kidding... but why no option for stam sorc?

You're right though, stam templar has the tools for 1vX now. Maelstrom 2h + vigor + major mending + purify + double dipping dots + shuffle = recipe for success.
    PC | EU
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Mag sorc is the only class I am worried about on a regular basis while fighting in PVP.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    Ahzek wrote: »
    Where is my stam sorc option ? Kappa

Jo <3
    I always wanted to ask you wether you're a Werewolf, an aware Wolf, a wear Wolf or maybe even an ware Wolf? :O
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK
    ya know cause mDK master race
    nerf mdk
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    Any class can be op by dumping attributes into magicka and slotting proxy det. However most op have to be magic nb obvious reasons, soul tether + proxy det + VD. Mag sorcs are pretty strong too with c frag and fury execute.. plus shield stacking for infinite sustainability..
    Edited by Serenityx on April 24, 2016 1:18PM