The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'd buy the 5000 crowns assistance if:

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
I can choose the skin I want and name my assistance. They can be like a servant or a friend to RPers, rather than just another nameless NPC.
Edited by TheDarkShadow on March 29, 2016 2:07PM
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I probably don't have much use for the banker. Generally, if my bags are full of mats, it is time to take a bio break, get a drink, and then decon stuff and go to bed. However, I would buy the merchant if you could repair armor with him. I've sat in dungeons while folks had to go repair and it really drags things out. (Although, not as bad as the guy who "didn't want to use his soul gems" and would run back to us, from the beginning of the dungeon, every time his glass cannon would die. True story.)
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charging a premium for low quality, copy pasted content, nothing new here.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were full function. Repairs, Guild bank, and Guild store.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me to shell out that much crowns, they would have to:

1 - Have customizable skin (name would be nice, too).

2 - Have better functionality.

3 - Have an interesting, engaging personality and A LOT of different lines, with some funny dialogue that makes me feel like they sorta are people.

4 - Basically be Rumarin from the Interesting NPCs mod for Skyrim.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree - full functionality for 5,000 Crowns or the current functionality for, say, 2,500 Crowns. $50 is just too high for something I can already get in-game with relative ease (unlike, say, the Akaviri motif - I don't PVP and can't afford the high prices - that I would pay for in the Crown Store).

But, many wouldn't pay $50 for a motif, so it's really a matter of what you're willing to pay. Perhaps many will be willing to pay $50 for a limited assistant. Only time will tell.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a DLC along with it.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    I got a DLC along with it.

Are you referring to the fence assistant? Yes, that comes with the TG DLC. The other two are for sale in the Crown Store for 5,000 Crowns each.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can choose the skin I want and name my assistance. They can be like a servant or a friend to RPers, rather than just another nameless NPC.

That would actaully be fun to see :smiley:
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy One assistant who can probably assist me for 2000 crowns but does the following:
    1)access to all my personal bank and guild bank
    2)proper merchant with the base buy/sell functions (e.g. sells essence of magicka ) , soul gems,repair kits and can repair gear
    3)one possible feature to add to my assistant, in addition to what explained above, to be able to copy another NPC,s selling like Mystic, Weaponsmith etc.
    otherwise it'll be bad and if i buy it i'll feel bad
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im fine with the banker not having acces to the guild store. but the guild bank please! And the merchant really REALLY needs to eitehr sell repair kits or just have the function repair. I would like it to sell soul gems n lockpicks aswell but its not a must
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • BeepEqualsOne
    Am I the only one that feels it's a little absurd that the assistants cost more to buy then the collectors edition of the DLC? I was planning on spending some money to pick them up but no way at their current price. I usually support much of Zeni's decisions but this is just plain price gouging and exploitation of the player base.
    Guild Master of
    Nirn Crafting Consortium
    Cooperative Multi Faction Crafting Guild

Xbox one, NA Server.
    Always accepting new Members!

Beep Equals One on Xbox
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that feels it's a little absurd that the assistants cost more to buy then the collectors edition of the DLC? I was planning on spending some money to pick them up but no way at their current price. I usually support much of Zeni's decisions but this is just plain price gouging and exploitation of the player base.

It could be worth it if they could repair/acces to guildbank. Still be abit steep but without those functions its a ripoff. I usually support Zenimaxs desision and been a subber since launch. But this is not okay.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I probably don't have much use for the banker. Generally, if my bags are full of mats, it is time to take a bio break, get a drink, and then decon stuff and go to bed. However, I would buy the merchant if you could repair armor with him. I've sat in dungeons while folks had to go repair and it really drags things out. (Although, not as bad as the guy who "didn't want to use his soul gems" and would run back to us, from the beginning of the dungeon, every time his glass cannon would die. True story.)

So, that was total BS because I ended up buying both and absolutely, freaking love the merchant and banker. However, it would still be better if you could access your guild bank or repair.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Yes, I agree - full functionality for 5,000 Crowns or the current functionality for, say, 2,500 Crowns. $50 is just too high for something I can already get in-game with relative ease (unlike, say, the Akaviri motif - I don't PVP and can't afford the high prices - that I would pay for in the Crown Store).

But, many wouldn't pay $50 for a motif, so it's really a matter of what you're willing to pay. Perhaps many will be willing to pay $50 for a limited assistant. Only time will tell.

I got them both and yes they are limited but in my eyes they was close to worth the 5000 crowns, so I have no regrets on buying them both.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they read these threads - I agree that if they upped the functionality they would get more sales (the suggestion for cosmetic changes was excellent).

A cynical solution would be for them to announce that they will be reducing the cost of all assistants to 3000 and also adding two new assistants (one guild banker, one repairer - adding the missing functionality). The twist is that they announce that people who have already purchased an assistant for 5000 will get a new one automatically at no extra charge. I believe a lot of people would rush to buy an assistant for 5000 crowns if they knew they were going to get a second assistant as soon as the price was dropped, as buying both seperately would then cost 6000.

However they do it, I hope they add more assistants and make them more affordable (affordable means they cost less than buying a brand new game!)
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.