The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood: First Look"

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they are going to make fighters guild not as deadly to vampire players but what changes are they doing to vampires?
    *Please add the fangs to them they need them*
    Don't worry, there are quite a few changes coming to Vampires as well!

EsoRecon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will race change/barber shop be coming in the DB update?
    No, Barbershop will not be in Dark Brotherhood but we are still working on it.

Ahh I thought Race Change was coming this patch?

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwivur wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Regarding White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison and Veteran City of Ash: We have adjusted their balance down a bit. We hear the feedback and appreciate the passion for this content but, we were not happy with the difficulty to complete these and wanted to ease that burden. Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

@ZOS_Finn, I realize my(and others') words change nothing but...you are aware these dungeons are currently 2 mannable and (CoA, IC ones have mechanics preventing that from happening) even soloable? Yes, this is definitely not something most players do but it does go a long way to show just how NOT hard they are imo. You've already nerfed Ibomez and Planar. Please please please reconsider this. Like the ONLY reason for IC dungeon vet mode is the challenge. For those who don't like it there's normal mode. They can get very same sets there even but in v15(iirc. If I am wrong please correct me, I think I've only ran nonvet once so I might remember wrong). And they can buy the damn helmet off Cyro vendor now. What is the reason for yet another nerf? Just to make sure the remaining few of us who like challenging small group content don't stick around too long and bother you with our complaints and weird demand for new dungeons more than once a year(how dare we...)?

You're really stretching with this argument. NOBODY wants to grind forever and ever just to get VR15 versions of Spell Power Cure or Scathing Mage or whatever.

Who says you have to grind "forever and ever"? Get good and finish the dungeon.

Who says? All the guys who post threads on the forums complaining about RNG drop rates on these very sets, that's who. There are guys out there with hundreds on completions of these dungeons who STILL don't have all the set pieces they want in the proper traits, even after grinding them for MONTHS.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 21, 2016 10:49PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Regarding White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison and Veteran City of Ash: We have adjusted their balance down a bit. We hear the feedback and appreciate the passion for this content but, we were not happy with the difficulty to complete these and wanted to ease that burden. Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

@ZOS_Finn, I realize my(and others') words change nothing but...you are aware these dungeons are currently 2 mannable and (CoA, IC ones have mechanics preventing that from happening) even soloable? Yes, this is definitely not something most players do but it does go a long way to show just how NOT hard they are imo. You've already nerfed Ibomez and Planar. Please please please reconsider this. Like the ONLY reason for IC dungeon vet mode is the challenge. For those who don't like it there's normal mode. They can get very same sets there even but in v15(iirc. If I am wrong please correct me, I think I've only ran nonvet once so I might remember wrong). And they can buy the damn helmet off Cyro vendor now. What is the reason for yet another nerf? Just to make sure the remaining few of us who like challenging small group content don't stick around too long and bother you with our complaints and weird demand for new dungeons more than once a year(how dare we...)?

You're really stretching with this argument. NOBODY wants to grind forever and ever just to get VR15 versions of Spell Power Cure or Scathing Mage or whatever.

If you cant do it as is then you do not deserve the VR 16 versions of that gear.

Can't do it... or can't find anyone to do it with them? It's MUCH easier to find a group for something like Spindleclutch (when it's a daily) than ICP or WGT. Even n00bs know by now that these dungeons are a huge pain for PUGs to get through, so they don't even bother queuing for them. I've waited for hours in the LFG tool and NEVER gotten a group for WGT.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume they are going to make fighters guild not as deadly to vampire players but what changes are they doing to vampires?
    *Please add the fangs to them they need them*
    Don't worry, there are quite a few changes coming to Vampires as well!

EsoRecon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will race change/barber shop be coming in the DB update?
    No, Barbershop will not be in Dark Brotherhood but we are still working on it.

I can't wait and hope vampires will become epic!
    images_8.jpg
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 21, 2016 11:10PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • mullinsthegreatb14_ESO
    You know . . . I'm probably one of the few people not looking forward to this (never liked the dark brotherhood to begin with) as I tend to play my characters as good guys and whatnot. I just hope we can visit kvatch without joining the brotherhood, thats all I ask.
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

If you cant do it as is then you do not deserve the VR 16 versions of that gear.

Can't do it... or can't find anyone to do it with them? It's MUCH easier to find a group for something like Spindleclutch (when it's a daily) than ICP or WGT. Even n00bs know by now that these dungeons are a huge pain for PUGs to get through, so they don't even bother queuing for them. I've waited for hours in the LFG tool and NEVER gotten a group for WGT.

In area chat start asking for guilds or even in the forums here, find a guild with players who want to dungeon & even if your all new at these dungeons put your heads together and figure out the mechanics, your missing such a fun part of the game that way and to think the answer is nerf, rather then find friends & to learn the dungeons with, PUGS should NOT be capable of completing all content unless somehow by sheer luck all players in the party are experienced. I really miss the days when vWGT & cICP was something my friends and I wished we could complete, now we kill the inhibitor on her 1st drop & spank the sculptor silly.

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah how did I miss the changes to vampires when I read this before? That's awesome! Are they getting some stamina-oriented stuff?

Also just out of hopefulness... are you going to fix the bit where Redguards turn purple with the disease or at least add an option for it to not be as severe (Barbershop maybe, though I know that's not coming with this)? Especially since I can cover him up completely so there's no point to his extreme lavender make-over? My vampire would really appreciate not being laughed at about being purple!

Or at least make sure one of the hats you're adding to the Crown Store is a paper bag if he's going to be stuck like this :D.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • GindralesDemnevanni
    Where is the clockwork city?!?! The first was announced in front of all those extensions.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poison-Making: could be interesting but will probably lead to easier burst kills.

Improvements and adjustments to Item Traits: hopefully this will make now useless traits viable.

Ongoing Cyrodiil performance improvements: we've heard this before..

Sanctum Ophidia Trial scaling: great for end-game pve players.

Balance improvements to combat and gameplay abilities including the Fighters Guild skill line, Vampires and stamina abilities: curious to see how this will turn out.

New District capture system for Imperial City: hopefully this will improve pvp in IC because that would be great.

We have heard it before because its "ongoing". Which means it continues. So of course we have heard it before. We will also hear it again. Its not something you go "Hmm ok flipped a switch and lag is fixed forever! We can work on more $25 mounts or $50 banking assistants now!! Yes!!".

Saying it doesnt mean we will actually notice improvement.
    We've been told for over a year that fixing pvp lag is a top-priority but the current state op pvp suggests otherwise.

In a game where you can burst someone down in a couple seconds the respons needs to be quick enough to react to that, its literally that simple.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the clockwork city?!?! The first was announced in front of all those extensions.
    What do you mean? Out of all the things that have been announced, Clockwork City was announced last. In order, the announcements were:
    Imperial City, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Murkmire, Abah's Landing, Mephala's Realm, Clockwork City. We should expect to see both Murkmire and Spiral Skein (Mephala's Realm) before Clockwork City.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • VoreDock
    VoreDock
    Soul Shriven
    how meny crowns will the dlc cost for non plus members ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoreDock wrote: »
    how meny crowns will the dlc cost for non plus members ?

Not announced. I am sure it will be between Osinium (3000) and Thieves Guild (2000), inclusive. I think it will be 2000-2500.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, @Zos, #nomorenerfs. :(
    And please add barber shop and race change.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • willklippsteinb14_ESO
    code65536 wrote: »
    rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons
    So, not only are we not going to get any new 4-man content, they're also gonna hit vWGT and vICP with the nerfhammer? :( (Unless by "rebalancing", they mean "buffing", but somehow I doubt that's what they meant.)

4-person content is such a huge part of this game. It's a MMO, so why in blazes is there so much focus on solo questing in each update? And while I do enjoy running trials, most people in this game have a hard time getting together 12-person groups for that. But the 4-person content? That's fun group content (remember, this is a MMO!) that you can easily clobber together. And we haven't had any updates to 4-person content since the introduction of vICP and vWGT.

So, no new 4-person content. No updates or scaling to vDSA. And now, it looks like we're likely to see nerfs to the only two pieces of challenging 4-person content in the game. Please, no.

Well when your loosing the Vet levels, wouldn't we loose the 16 Attribute points as well? have fun beating vICP and vWGT with less stats then you currently have, I mean a lot of ppl cant complete the dungeons as is, so why leave them scaled to vr16 and down scale everyone to be a lvl 50, but this is just my take on loosing the vr lvls, so we get less HP and less magicka/stamina, would love to watch you beat a vr16 vWGT as a lvl 50 ^^
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons
    So, not only are we not going to get any new 4-man content, they're also gonna hit vWGT and vICP with the nerfhammer? :( (Unless by "rebalancing", they mean "buffing", but somehow I doubt that's what they meant.)

4-person content is such a huge part of this game. It's a MMO, so why in blazes is there so much focus on solo questing in each update? And while I do enjoy running trials, most people in this game have a hard time getting together 12-person groups for that. But the 4-person content? That's fun group content (remember, this is a MMO!) that you can easily clobber together. And we haven't had any updates to 4-person content since the introduction of vICP and vWGT.

So, no new 4-person content. No updates or scaling to vDSA. And now, it looks like we're likely to see nerfs to the only two pieces of challenging 4-person content in the game. Please, no.

Well when your loosing the Vet levels, wouldn't we loose the 16 Attribute points as well? have fun beating vICP and vWGT with less stats then you currently have, I mean a lot of ppl cant complete the dungeons as is, so why leave them scaled to vr16 and down scale everyone to be a lvl 50, but this is just my take on loosing the vr lvls, so we get less HP and less magicka/stamina, would love to watch you beat a vr16 vWGT as a lvl 50 ^^

you will get them while leveling from 1 to 50. ZOS stated already, that you won't loose anything compared to now.
    Noobplar
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    What will the new server character maximum be? That is, how many slots will we be able to buy?
  • Kuningatar
    Kuningatar
    ✭✭✭
    I will love to see some updates to Werewolves, not just vampires. Like something to make the Werewolf transformation a bit better and more viable in areas like PvP.

The barber shop is long overdue and really should have been this patch. That or race and name changing. You guys should really implement this soon.

From a pure vanity standpoint, I also will love to be seeing more hairstyles and stuff (hopefully releasing with the barber shop when it does finally come)

Maybe also although I do not really play a 'straight arrow' character personally, it might be nice to see some lawful/good aligned quest lines instead of the stuff that have been kind of like 'questionable/criminal' like Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild before that? Maybe something centered around a lawful or good organization that the people who do play good characters could enjoy?
    Joskus menee perkeleen huonosti, mutta minä en anna periksi!
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe also although I do not really play a 'straight arrow' character personally, it might be nice to see some lawful/good aligned quest lines instead of the stuff that have been kind of like 'questionable/criminal' like Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild before that? Maybe something centered around a lawful or good organization that the people who do play good characters could enjoy?

ICly, most of my characters are also like this, so I support this. :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Question: Do you ever plan to complete veteran modes on the remaining grope dungeons?

Umm...grope dungeons? Where are they so I can avoid them. :wink:
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, When are you guys (if at all) planning on fixing the constant disconnects in Orsinium? I have to walk to turn in writs, i can't sprint, use my horse at all, open my menu, etc... If i do get lucky enough to turn in my writs, then i am faced with 10-15 disconnects until i can get out of Orsinium.

There must be something wrong with your computer. I've been able to turn it my writs just fine.

On a side note, I'm intrigued by the changes for vampirism and fighters guild. And a bit scared.
    I hope the changes to stam builds equilize the two rather than pull stam ahead of magika, which is a common theme. I hope they do something with the vicious death... It is still broken rn. And last thing, I hope they don't introduce a stamina version of vicious death. We don't need it.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Well when your loosing the Vet levels, wouldn't we loose the 16 Attribute points as well?

you will get them while leveling from 1 to 50. ZOS stated already, that you won't loose anything compared to now.

If they stick with the plan they talked about earlier this year... Characters that are VR1 through VR15 should get more attribute points in the deal. They will get the full measure of points from leveling from 1 to VR16, even though they are not VR 16.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mysteri0n wrote: »
    So Nothing about making the Banker and The Merchant actually worth the 5k Crowns. Zos Plz let the Merchant Repair, and let the banker access the Guild store and Guild bank. They not really merchants or bankers in their Current state. They are Apprentices, you know the people you hire that you really don't trust so you give them Limited Access to their stuff. Sorry not gonna spend 5k Crowns for a Apprentice.

I don't think they're going to change this. Rather, they'll add future assistants: Armorer (to repair your gear), Vendor (to sell you consumables), Guildmaster (to access your guild banks), and Guild Trader (to access your guild stores).

At the very least, they should rename the banker to moneylender (there are already those in the bandit hideouts) and the merchant should be changed to pawnbroker. This would make it clearer as to what the assistants actually do.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 22, 2016 7:05PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a little FYI on this part of your article;

•Visit the Gold Coast, available to characters of all levels, where you can explore Anvil and Kvatch for the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

We never actually visited Kvatch... I mean we entered the main gate and saw a completely destroyed city then popped through the Oblivion Gate and closed it but then Kvatch was toast. Just saying.

So technically this will be our first time seeing Kvatch the city in working order ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Anders_Howe
    omg the noise I made when I saw this was inhuman I swear..I've been waiting for this! :D I'm so excited!!!!
    PSN - FenrisDA2
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balance improvements to combat and gameplay abilities including stamina abilities

I wont hold my breath...
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! yes!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    will the aoe caps removed too? and what about spell crafting? and jewelry crafting?
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they released an Assassin DLC right after the Thieves guild. It's fine if you want to play a NB in that particular way, but those people who aren't interested in playing dark content they just don't get anything really.

I would have thought they would mix it up and alternate releases of "dark" and "heroic" content. Something like a "noble warrior" DLC theme or something in the middle of all the thieving and assassinations.

• badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NEED new dungeons, seriously, this is the bread and butter of PVE group content :D
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft bags for ESO Plus.

... and I spent ALL THAT GOLD making my banker's bag YUUGE!
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.