The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Repairing above 93% wall/door damage

danno8
danno8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we please get this fixed. It is ridiculous that you can repair a wall if it is above 93% damage even if it has taken recent damage. It makes it nearly impossible for a small man team to breach a wall if a single defender knows how to exploit this "trick", and only exascrebates the need for a huge zerg in order to zerg the wall down with brute force.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No Eta
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    No Eta

WTB eta on this instead of 5000 crowns for a ****y banker and merchant.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does not need to be fixed.

Intended or not, troll repairing is a good tactical element. If you want to break the troll repair, synchronize the siege strikes.

If by small man you mean 4 people, there's no way 4 people should be able to take a keep. Yes, you can do it if it's not defended but really, you shouldn't.

If you have 6 or more your should be able to break the troll repair.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Does not need to be fixed.

Intended or not, troll repairing is a good tactical element. If you want to break the troll repair, synchronize the siege strikes.

If by small man you mean 4 people, there's no way 4 people should be able to take a keep. Yes, you can do it if it's not defended but really, you shouldn't.

If you have 6 or more your should be able to break the troll repair.

Bottom line though: zerging prevents it from happening. So more people = better.

As to 4 people should not be able to take a keep? I'm pretty sure 1 person can take a keep if it is undefended. It's just PvE after all.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After googling this, it is apparently an intended mechanic, although Brian Wheeler says it is 95%, when it is definitely 93%.

So as such I guess they will never change it.

Oh well...bring more people it is.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 95% was intended, but right now the maximum health of walls is 300k or so, which means you need to hit for 15k = 4 trebs at least. The thing is that if one of those shots hits early, and everyone inside hits the repair button, it does not matter if the wall is brought below the intended 95% percent. The repair animation just continues, and if the wall is at 95% after that you can just continue.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a big issue. You just have to synchronize the first hit.
    Because I can!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pro tip - hit the wall on the other side of the keep or siege inner below 95% when you first start your siege.

Problem solved
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended (not a troll post)
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRxKnight wrote: »

I guess the lesson here is to always hit the inner wall with at least one treb to get it down past 95% before breaching the outer.

It's just kind of weak reasoning for it to be in the game in the first place, even though I understand there are ways to get around it.
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

I guess the lesson here is to always hit the inner wall with at least one treb to get it down past 95% before breaching the outer.

It's just kind of weak reasoning for it to be in the game in the first place, even though I understand there are ways to get around it.

There's nothing to stop them from repairing the inner above 95 unless you constantly pummel it with siege...best way to go about taking a keep in a 4 man is to have each person running 3 trebs and timing each shot until they cant repair...but if you're trying to take a keep with 4 people you better hope there isn't a competent person defending it

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing to stop them from repairing the inner above 95 unless you constantly pummel it with siege...best way to go about taking a keep in a 4 man is to have each person running 3 trebs and timing each shot until they cant repair...but if you're trying to take a keep with 4 people you better hope there isn't a competent person defending it

The thing is it is suppose to be a "bonus" for people who stay behind and scout owned keeps (Wheelers words). But taking down an outer wall generally takes more time than it takes for a defender to ride from another keep and defend it.

So a defender can show up while the outer is still going down and just wait in the inner inner and be ready to "troll" repair. But usually there is no one there in time for the first minute or so. Which is more than enough time to get the inner down past 95% and keep it there.

So if you just dedicate a treb to the inner wall while you are on outer you can circumvent this "bonus".

I just think the whole thing is unnecessary, lol.
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is it is suppose to be a "bonus" for people who stay behind and scout owned keeps (Wheelers words). But taking down an outer wall generally takes more time than it takes for a defender to ride from another keep and defend it.

So a defender can show up while the outer is still going down and just wait in the inner inner and be ready to "troll" repair. But usually there is no one there in time for the first minute or so. Which is more than enough time to get the inner down past 95% and keep it there.

So if you just dedicate a treb to the inner wall while you are on outer you can circumvent this "bonus".

I just think the whole thing is unnecessary, lol.

These days though small groups cant effectively take keeps on their own so there's no point

• Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    you can actually repair walls when theyre below 50%
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    Sharakor wrote: »
    you can actually repair walls when theyre below 50%

Yeah, if they haven't been hit for a while...
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    After googling this, it is apparently an intended mechanic, although Brian Wheeler says it is 95%, when it is definitely 93%.

I just troll repaired some walls yesterday. It is definitely 95%. And even if I am in the middle of the repair animation, and the wall dips to 94%, the repair fails (ie, there is a wall health check at the beginning and end of the repair animation)

The recent wall health buff had been a troll repair buff too. Coordinating 4 stone trebs seems a bit too much. For one thing, it makes Dominion ballista's kinda worthless.

Solution: Keep the 95% repair threshold, but walls recently damaged repair for 50% less
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    READY AIM FIRE!!!

Whats so hard to understand?
    PS4 NA DC
  • Cormore
    Cormore
    ✭✭✭
    wait isnt it 94%?
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 people can run at least 12 siege. That will take that wall down no problem.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cormore wrote: »
    wait isnt it 94%?

94% is the point where they can't repair it yes.

Solution to people having issues with troll repairing: Fire at least 3 stone trebs at the same time.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK