Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Perfect roe and applications.

nodulo
nodulo
✭✭✭
Right now Perfect roe's sole purpose is a 30 minute experience potion or a 2 hour tri-buff food that seems geared towards leveling.

With the difficulty in "farming" this mat is it fair to think it should have other uses?

Nirncrux mats are an exclusive for armor or weapon traiting, but the process of aquiring them includes refinable materials. A sort of win/win situation when gathering, i.e. I get no nirn tonight but have 1000 mats to refine for yet another chance to recieve something of value for my efforts and finally then the refined materials themselves.

At this point it's perfect roe or filleted fish nothing more. I can accept that but It would seem a time intensive gathering of something like fish for roe that the roe once found would have more uses.

Ideas, comments?
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Orsinium gold food plus 4K health plus 3 hundrish all recoveries.

Wish I had a stack of perfect roe for this alone
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    But that is lackluster imo to blue v15 alternatives. Or v15 tri-pots.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty in farming it is so that not everyone can have a easy 50% exp boost and it's easier to sub and buy ring of mara.

The pots acw mention are also very handy so demand is high.

Maybe they will add uses, maybe they will add new ingredients.

My thoughts are for what it's main purpose is it's just right ( too hard to farm for the average guy, just hard enough to endure for the crazy gamer )
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nodulo wrote: »
    Right now Perfect roe's sole purpose is a 30 minute experience potion
    Ideas, comments?

If you have the correct passives in the Drinks part of Provisioning, you get 50 minutes for the exp potion.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nodulo wrote: »
    But that is lackluster imo to blue v15 alternatives. Or v15 tri-pots.
    Depends on your build. If I had enough perfect roe to make a whole load of this, I'd be using it all the time when I'm tanking. Instead I go with tri-stat food.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    the 30 boost is not the only use for perfect roe, there is a recipe given at the end of a quest line for ORZOGA'S SMOKED BEAR HAUNCH, that use perfect roe. it grants a max health benefit, health stamina and magicka recovery for 2hrs. its a lvl 1 potion that scales to any level.

that being said, obtaining perfect seems to be even next to impossible.
  • NaloMeli
    NaloMeli
    Finding the Perfect Roe recipe is a drag - still haven't found one (seen some for sale but $$$$$$$). I'm a level 5 with nearly all the perks (yeah, not a alt to take into the wilds, but boy can she cook and brew up a storm for the guild) and still haven't found one. I'm going to try Hew's Bane next.

I've been hoarding all my Perfect Roe forever, so can't wait to actually use it.
    Edited by NaloMeli on April 22, 2016 5:38PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NaloMeli wrote: »
    Finding the Perfect Roe recipe is a drag - still haven't found one (seen some for sale but $$$$$$$). I'm a level 5 with nearly all the perks (yeah, not a alt to take into the wilds, but boy can she cook and brew up a storm for the guild) and still haven't found one. I'm going to try Hew's Bane next.

I've been hoarding all my Perfect Roe forever, so can't wait to actually use it.

@NaloMeli The Psiijic Ambrosia gold recipe is found in 7 pages and obtained by doing the Provisioning Writs. It's drop chance, even at the highest writ level, is abysmal, so hence the 30k average price per page at guild traders.

The Orzoga gold recipe is so easy to obtain if you have the Orsinium DLC. You just find the quest giver (sorry, not taking the time to look up the location), and then just do the series of fetch quests for her, and voila, you have the recipe. You can get it for all eight characters. Now, if you don't have the DLC, then yes, I guess you'll be paying a lot for it at a guild trader. You're not going to find either of these in Hew's Bane, though.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 22, 2016 7:25PM
  • elraythewrecker
    elraythewrecker
    Soul Shriven
    i have heaps of perfect roe but it took along time to get it, fishing for days and days yet still not even 50% to master fisher achievement
    hello