The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Thieves guild gave quest outside my alliance!

Kithain
Kithain
So, I recently got the Thieves Guild add-on. I liked it very much, until I ran into somewhat of a big oversight by the developers. When I was taking on a sidequest-note from the guild-hall, I was actually supposed to go to Stonefalls. In Pact territory. I´m a Breton Covenant girl, who recently started Dominion. There is no way for me to get to Pact territory. What a big f*ck up, on an otherwise very well made add-on.

Anybody else got this problem?
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Target zones are random. You could be send to any zone... It's the same for all.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver and Gold now simultaneously unlock their respective opening wayshrines. You should have a Davon's Watch Wayshrine available on your Stonefalls map.

If not, /bug
    signing off
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're Veteran Rank 1, then there should be a Wayshrine in Davon's Watch available to you already
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As others have said, Cadwell's Gold and Silver now open simultaneously. This "big *** up" is actually intended and specifically stated in the patch notes for Thieves' Guild.

Just use the wayshrine to get to the EP zones.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open your map and look at it before saying this is "a big *** up", please.

If you are starting the Dominion and you are from the Covenant, you already completed the main story or achieved VR1. That means you have access to all alliances. If you open your map, you will see there is a wayshrine in the Pact you can port to.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless of course your doing the TG at a pre vet rank or have not finished the Main Quest for the game and your pre vet....

So that begs the question, what level is the OP?
    Edited by Nestor on March 31, 2016 10:01PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Unless of course your doing the TG at a pre vet rank or have not finished the Main Quest for the game....

"I´m a Breton Covenant girl, who recently started Dominion." This means the OP has opened the new zones.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    Unless of course your doing the TG at a pre vet rank or have not finished the Main Quest for the game....

"I´m a Breton Covenant girl, who recently started Dominion." This means the OP has opened the new zones.

Yes, they should be able to get there.

But it is still an interesting question for those who are in the leveling zones/content as to where the TG sends you. I would hope the game would send you only to zones in your base alliance for that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new DLC opens all zones up for TG quests in the different places.It isnt a "F**K" up either.It's great.It allows you to do the quests of all zones now.
    That's what people have wanted all along. The total opening up of all of Tamriel.No locked zones.
    Now that you got it,you dont like it?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The troves only give you treasure maps for zones you've already been to, so I'd imagine the quests have the same responsive design.
    signing off
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    The new DLC opens all zones up for TG quests in the different places.It isnt a "F**K" up either.It's great.It allows you to do the quests of all zones now.
    That's what people have wanted all along. The total opening up of all of Tamriel.No locked zones.

I think that it is not that she doesn't like having access to all zones, I think she just wasn't aware of she had. Maybe saw "Stonefalls", recognized it as Pact territory and assumed she couldn't get to it because she didn't check her map before coming here.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The troves only give you treasure maps for zones you've already been to, so I'd imagine the quests have the same responsive design.
    No, the quests definitely send you to zones you've never been to before. My AD Khajiit NB that I did the entire TG questline on got sent to DC zones a number of times by the repeatable quests from the Tip Board, and he'd never even progressed past Shadowfen in the EP zones, let alone gone to any of the DC zones.

First time I got a quest in a DC zone on him I had an "aha" moment when I realized just why they changed it in this update so that you can go to both other alliances when you're VR1.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I think that it is not that she doesn't like having access to all zones, I think she just wasn't aware of she had. Maybe saw "Stonefalls", recognized it as Pact territory and assumed she couldn't get to it because she didn't check her map before coming here.

True,this could be the case.
    :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

The funny thing is, even though I knew that they were unlocking both other alliances at the same time with this update (because I read the patch notes), I briefly had the exact same initial reaction when I first got a TG quest sending me to a Cadwell's Gold zone...

Basically my thought process when I got the quest was something like this:
    What? That's in DC territory! I can't get to DC territory!
    Oooohhh wait, I can get to DC territory now!
    Oooohhh, now I get it! That's why this update included the ability to go to any zone when you hit VR1!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Kithain
    Kithain
    Of course I checked the map.

I wouldn´t be posting here if I didn´t check it out first. There was no wayshrine available to me. I simply could not get there, that´s why I asked for help. And since this game IS kinda prone to bugs with new DLC´s, was it really that far-fecthed to assume it was a "f*ck-up"?

I´m kinda flabberghasted that people assume that I didn´t even check something that simple before posting here.
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    @Kithain What level are you and have you started silver?
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I finished silver just before TG came out and I haven't checked the notes but do you need to speak to cadwell at the harbourage to open up the gold area? I know I had to do that to unlock gold when I'd finished silver.

As a side question if you pick up the TG side quests on a pre vet character who doesn't have access to silver or gold does it only give you ones in your home alliance?
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Kithain
    Kithain
    OK, so I just started ESOTU again after almost a months absence and began a rather massive patch.

Now, I can find a wayshrine in Devan´s Watch that simply wasn´t there before. I don´t know if it was a bug that were corrected with the patch or an intervention of the divines.. either case: Once again a satisfied player!

So, problem solved, I´m happy and can continue play a game that brings me joy!