Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Once feared, are you immune to further fearing effects for a duration?

Weesacs
Weesacs
✭✭✭✭
Hi Folks,

So I was PvPing last night and got feared, however literally when the fear wore off and before I could use any skills, I got feared again (and ultimately got killed).

Isnt there a small duration after being feared were you are immune to this affect occurring again? Or am I wrong? There were a few enemies in the vicinity so the fear may not have been applied by the same enemy player - however regardless, I thought this wasnt possible?

Thoughts?
High Elf Templar
PS4 - EU - DC
Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there is no immunity when a hard CC effect wears off. You need to actively break it for that.

Apparently I made a mistake. You get the usual immunity when the CC wears off, but not if it is re-applied beforehand (like casting Fossilize all over again), correct? Also it sometimes bugs completely, and there was (is?) a bug where you could interrupt the break-free animation.
    Edited by r.jan_emailb16_ESO on April 22, 2016 10:34AM
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh ok thanks mate - I wasnt aware of that. Cheers
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there is no immunity when a hard CC effect wears off. You need to actively break it for that.

That's not correct. You get CC immunity when the effect ends however there are bugs which cause this not to happen. Fear is very buggy this way.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

That's not correct. You get CC immunity when the effect ends however there are bugs which cause this not to happen. Fear is very buggy this way.

So the response r.jan_emailb16_ESO gave is incorrect? Also, what is the duration of the CC immunity?
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya know ive always thought that unless you break free you do not get the immunity. I have never ever noticed getting the white circles for CC immunity without breaking free the past year.... Has it been bugged for sooooo long? Cos its been this way for so long ive pretty much came to the conclusion that this is intended...

Examples ive seen so far>

wb>fear
    fear>wb
    wb>wb
    Fear>Fear
    Frag>wb
    Wb>frag

etc etc.
    Edited by Vangy on April 22, 2016 8:54AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPbrbARofvI

You can see it in the first 5 seconds that i get CCed by WB and when i dont break and get up, i get the white circles.

CC imunity lasts for 5 seconds

and this is the video i like to show about how buggy CC immunity is. According to Gina Bruno, this is intended... If they CC you at the very last milisecond before the CC finishes, you have to take the new CC. So their design is, you get CC immunity if you break or if you wait the whole time and you cant be CCed while CCed unless its at the very end of the first CC. F*cking logic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyImr1nNySA
    Edited by DKsUnite on April 22, 2016 9:28AM

Latest Videos:

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can see it in the first 5 seconds that i get CCed by WB and when i dont break and get up, i get the white circles.

and this is the video i like to show about how buggy CC immunity is. According to Gina Bruno, this is intended... If they CC you at the very last milisecond before the CC finishes, you have to take the new CC. So their design is, you get CC immunity if you break or if you wait the whole time and you cant be CCed while CCed unless its at the very end of the first CC. F*cking logic...

AH I get it now. Basically ive never been in a situation where I get CC'ed and have the chance for it to COMPLETELY wear off. In a meta where damage is out of control, a CC with no break free = death. So ive never noticed white circles without a break free cos.. well ill be dead haha
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gain cc immunity for 5 seconds after each cc if you break or the duration goes out, this is theoreticly tho, zos hasnt been able to fix the bugs where immunity isnt always making you...immune.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

So the response r.jan_emailb16_ESO gave is incorrect? Also, what is the duration of the CC immunity?

Apparently it was wrong, such a shame. Edited it :wink:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

@DKsUnite - thanks for the videos mate and proving that CC is broken (I also Lol'd at the Benny Hill theme tune - how apt :smile: )

@Vangy - As Im wearing full Reactive Armour and have Radiant Magelight equipped, to conserve stamina, I always let the fear CC run its course as nightblades cant kill me from stealth (obviously depending on the number of attacks im taking at the time im feared) - but last night was the first time I had actually been feared right off the back of another fear - which is just f*ked up if you ask me.

Seems its been a problem for a while now - hopefully we wont have to wait too long for them to fix this.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

Apparently I made a mistake. You get the usual immunity when the CC wears off, but not if it is re-applied beforehand (like casting Fossilize all over again), correct? Also it sometimes bugs completely, and there was (is?) a bug where you could interrupt the break-free animation.

No problem mate, if it worked as intended then there wouldnt be any confusion :smile:
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeh i ran reactive in those videos. It really helps to see how broken CC is coz like someone said, this burst meta means either break CC or die normally

Latest Videos:

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother trying to make sense out of ESO's CC system.

It's broken.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all crowd control should break on damage and grant immunity for at least ten seconds; especially ones with type of mechanic fear has. I don't like how crowd control over shadows a lot of pvp combat. One has to build around having and or countering it in some fashion to be effective and it leads to a lack of build diversity.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well you are supposed too but well CC immunity is a wonky thing.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said no cc ever.