Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Question] About Dual Wielding and Damage

Uriel_Nocturne
Uriel_Nocturne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know that if a character Dual Wields, it greatly beefs up spell damage. This is why my Magicka Templars all dual wield rather than favor different weapon styles.

But in preparation for the DB launching in a couple of months, is there a difference in damage between using Dual Wielded Daggers rather than Swords? I ask because, when I create Swords or Daggers at a Blacksmith's station, they show that Daggers do the exact same amount of damage as Swords. But if I were to Dual Wield Daggers rather than Swords, would this for some reason drop the bonus to my Spell damage?

This has been bugging me for a while, and some info on it would be lovely.

Thank you all for your time in reading this.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... is there a difference aside from the size of the weapons?

Difference in damage? Anything?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is a difference. The Twin Blade and Blunt passive in the Dual Wield skill line will provide different benefits for each weapon type.

Until you unlock that passive there is no difference between the weapon types.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I forgot about that. Lol. I've got TB&b unlocked on all my characters, but I forgot about the difference.

I'll keep that in mind.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggers give more critical rating and swords give more damage.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I just double checked that last night.

I think I'm going to make a separate set of Daggers for DB. I'll have my Swords for regular combat, Daggers for throat-slitting.

Assuming, of course, that Sneak attacks are going to work like they do in other Elder Scrolls games...

But, I'll wait for DB to see how that works. :)

Thanks for all of the help guys.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are magika, then you need swords, because the passive ups damage.

The other passives only take effect if you are actually hitting the mob with a light/med/hvy attack or DW ability, which you are most likely not doing in a mag build.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA