The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are they getting rid of the veteran ranks?

Alpen
Alpen
So I am still leveling as im pretty new to the game but soon ill be level 50 and i will have to level all the 16 veteran ranks. but if they are getting rid of veteran ranks whats the point in me wasting all that time leveling it? and why are they even getting rid of veteran ranks anyways?
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veteran Ranks are being removed in Q2 (April/May/June) of this year with Dark Brotherhood.

It is still worth levelling Veteran Ranks because not only will you be earning the same CP you'll be earning after removal, you will get 2.5 CP for free per Veteran Rank on your highest level character so you earn more now than you would then, it's still worth levelling.

They're removing Veteran Ranks because they were a short-term temporary measure anyway as the Champion System wasn't ready for release (as far as I know) and not just that the whole VR system is a huge barrier to new players who hit VR1 and think "Woo, endgame!" when in reality they still have a huge amount of levelling to do. It allows for easier alts too and will just generally improve the game.
  • Alpen
    Alpen
    Paulington wrote: »
    Veteran Ranks are being removed in Q2 (April/May/June) of this year with Dark Brotherhood.

It is still worth levelling Veteran Ranks because not only will you be earning the same CP you'll be earning after removal, you will get 2.5 CP for free per Veteran Rank on your highest level character so you earn more now than you would then, it's still worth levelling.

They're removing Veteran Ranks because they were a short-term temporary measure anyway as the Champion System wasn't ready for release (as far as I know) and not just that the whole VR system is a huge barrier to new players who hit VR1 and think "Woo, endgame!" when in reality they still have a huge amount of levelling to do. It allows for easier alts too and will just generally improve the game.

awesome answer thanks man :)
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    I look at the vet lvls just being another 16 lvls. So a vet 16 is really lvl 66. I just don't know why every complains about vet lvls. I take it none of you ever played Everquest. Now that game took forever to lvl up. If you died you lost exp,and could even lose a lvl. ESO is a walk in the park compared to Everquest.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah come dark Brotherhood they will be gone and all corresponding skillpoints/attribute points folded into the existing levels.

Now we just gotta work on them getting rid of CP.
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭

I have found this out before but the one thing I can't seem to find is will we loose the points put into mag, stam, or heatlh from vr2-16 or will they stay? I am guessing from your post thought they are offering the 2.5 CPs because they are removing them... so Kind of like a compromise....

Then what if someone were full CP and vr16? LOL
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just beg Zen to shut ESO down. Anything else you want to get rid off.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »

I have found this out before but the one thing I can't seem to find is will we loose the points put into mag, stam, or heatlh from vr2-16 or will they stay? I am guessing from your post thought they are offering the 2.5 CPs because they are removing them... so Kind of like a compromise....

Then what if someone were full CP and vr16? LOL

You will not lose them, they stated that, and I think they plan to incorporate them into the lower levels at the change or tie them to CP.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • GlaceonGuy
    GlaceonGuy
    ✭✭
    It took me about 3 weeks to reach level 50 on my first character, and would probably be even quicker if I levelled an alt continuously. Why should it be possible to reach max level in a matter of weeks?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veteran System is very limited, it seems like end of character development. Must be replaced by good system.
    Also skills should expand to level 100 instead of 50.