The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood: First Look"

• nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Regarding White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison and Veteran City of Ash: We have adjusted their balance down a bit. We hear the feedback and appreciate the passion for this content but, we were not happy with the difficulty to complete these and wanted to ease that burden. Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

RE Sanctum Ophidia: Loot has indeed been updated with the creation of Normal and Veteran modes. We have made some tweaks all around in the Trial but largely the mechanics stay relatively the same, just more difficult. We anticipate strategies will need to be adjusted to complete the Veteran mode of the Trial.

WAIT ARE U NERFING THOSE 3 DUNGEONS!?. COA is a joke now how easy it is and icp is perfect (lord warden should hit harder) and wgt needs a buff more than anything. You already nerfed these things 3 times over. STOP IT
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I can't wait! :smiley:

I have a suggestion about group dungeons. You should scale them not only based on the group member with the highest level but also based on the number of members in the group(2, 3 and 4).
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update looks great so far! I am super keen on a lot of these changes, and am looking forward to botht he base game updates and the Dark brotherhood DLC. Hopefully PVP will get some love with the changes to IC. *fingers crossed*
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Contracted murder and poison making. Happy happy joy joy.

Yep, I guess the posion making is the VD set for stamina players like poison bombs.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Character name display for Xbox One and PlayStation®4"

Will this also apply to the Gamepad UI on PC? That would be excellent!!
    PC-NA
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For now:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1236-PseudonymBeta.html
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not keep current vWGT and vICP vet as-an elite mode, and add the "balanced" difficulty as new veteran mode? The elite mode has hard Kena fight and new vet has the non-hard vet Kena fight.

Then increase drop rates in elite mode and give only one gold key in the veteran mode. Then the elite mode is not a roadblock, because veteran also gives same as elite, but at slower rate.

Normal: vr15 drops, silver key, easy
    Veteran: vr16 drops, gold key, moderately challenging and most popular mode
    Elite: vr16 drops with increased rate, two gold keys, difficult, for top 10%
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

For now:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1236-PseudonymBeta.html

Thank you so much!! This is perfect!

:)
    PC-NA
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me.
    Sadly, all I could think about was "Red rover, red rover, send Sheogorath on over.".
  • FatKidHatchets
    FatKidHatchets
    ✭✭✭
    How long after release is the major update to fix all the abuse and bugs?

No Dueling ey? Smooth.
  • jcwalterb14_ESO
    Nerfing Imperial Prison? Why? So what's left to challenge those of us that actually run these? You guys are taking away the fun and baby grading this. Ugh.
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    I wonder what new pet we will get for playing the DB o.o it should be something awesome looking prob. Maybe it wont have such an odd noise as the ones so far from Wrothgar and TG

It's a Badger. (Seriously)

It won't be a pet... ;)

Could it perhaps be a mount? ;)

I'm excited for this update: really looking forward to sacrificing fools for ole Sithis.

We still want the barbershop/character editing suite ASAP, mainly because racial passives are so limiting (magic/stam morph trees would fix that, but those can wait). We know you're working on a lot of stuff that wasn't listed.

Crafting bags will free up a ton of space for my characters. Bye-bye vet ranks. Extra character slots, lockable items to prevent destruction, alchemy and vampire updates... yes please.

I think this game is getting to the point where all the content that we've been missing from earlier ES titles is included, and then some. Great job, ZOS!
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Will we have to kill a certain amount of NPCs to get in or will it start as a quest somewhere? If I have to kill I want to start that now.
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can.Not.Wait.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Katsibrokos
    Katsibrokos
    ✭✭✭
    No race change, no barber shop, no jewel crafting, no new dungeons...

Anyway, are we going at least to get a Grouping Tool like the ones in GW2 / FFXIV / WoW where we will be able to queue for more than one activity at a time and create or join premade groups for every kind of content we want (like world bosses, public dungeons, questing etc)?

Btw is there any chance for a default UI minimap? While i understand its ESO, most of the ppl are using minimap addons which are the most laggy addons by a mile. IMHO it would be a great addition to the game.
    Edited by Katsibrokos on April 21, 2016 9:18AM
    Wood Elf Templar
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will poisons be of any use to magicka users? Will we be able to take out pvp contracts on other players?
  • MaxTM
    MaxTM
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Finn
    what will happen to vDSA such as AA&HelRa
    Edited by MaxTM on April 21, 2016 6:33AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    This seems like it'll be a great DLC, especially by letting us see Kvatch in its prime, and I would hate to not experience it due to not being anything else to do besides committing crimes. So please ZOS, please let us join a lawful faction in this DLC, or let us try to destroy the Dark Brotherhood (even if we're not successful). In every TES game we were able to choose not to join DB and instead kill them. Or at the very least give us (lawful players) more to do in this DLC than just a trial, because that's all you gave us for Thieve's Guild, and unless you want to commit crimes there's no point in purchasing that DLC. So I hope the same doesn't happen to this one.

(ORSINIUM SPOILER)

This is exactly what I liked about Orsinium DLC. There was a clash of ideas and in the end I felt defeated when Trinimac didnt win. But even then I loved the DLC be cause the story left an impact on me like an episode of GoT. lol!
    Edited by Ankael07 on April 21, 2016 6:32AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Awesome! I can't wait! :smiley:

I have a suggestion about group dungeons. You should scale them not only based on the group member with the highest level but also based on the number of members in the group(2, 3 and 4).

But but but...some of us love 2 manning and soloing that stuff :( Please don't take that away, it's all we have left now that they keep nerfing everything lol.
  • asadafasa
    asadafasa
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,
    i just want to ask you a brief question. How about race change that you promised earlier this year?

Many of us are sick of unbalanced racial bonuses, if you are not going to balance them at least let us change our challanged race!
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pls don't nerf vWGT and VICP even further, maybe you could consider the following:

- delete normal mode
    - nerf vetmode and make it the new normal mode
    - add original vet-mode (in release, maybe PTS, difficulty) again
    - trophys now drop in normal mode aswell-->people can collect them in normal mode and open the trophy vaults to get V16 gear

Everyone who just understand this game has nothing challenging 4-men-content atm....nerfing the "hardest" two dungeons again is definitely the wrong way to go...
    Don't cater to those who just don't want to learn about the game...they have so much (challenging) things to do. Those who understand, learn and mastered the game get punished with a lack of content atm :disappointed:
    Noobplar
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No new monster sets :(
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler there is still no info about City Capture in Cyro. So it won't be implemented along with districts capture?
    And please give us option to show both shoulders of monster sets like on screen:
    esoundauntedgear-631x300.png
    Edited by Cinbri on April 21, 2016 8:00AM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Question for you, you may or may not answer this. But the weeklies, do we get max level gear from all trials or still only Maw?
    #MOREORBS
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Base-game patch looks interesting, but the DLC itself has nothing of interest for me.

Enough with the single-player content already. This is supposed to be a MMO! When are we getting new 4-man dungeons? Last was ICP and WGT in August 2015 and long, long before that we got vCoA in November 2014! The game desperately needs more group content. :(
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • VoreDock
    VoreDock
    Soul Shriven
    so what will it cost ?
  • Affenbaron
    Affenbaron
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »

Regarding White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison and Veteran City of Ash: We have adjusted their balance down a bit. We hear the feedback and appreciate the passion for this content but, we were not happy with the difficulty to complete these and wanted to ease that burden. Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

PLS STOP NERFING ESO!!!

Angry-Meme-Transparent-PNG.png
    and why all other games works in online mode partys work fine i can buy download and play stuff buyed in store its only eso bug hotfix that not passed microsoft securitie ahd they give the black peter too microsoft

• Alsaroth
    Alsaroth
    ✭✭
    Crafting bags? Sounds nice. Motif preview? Sounds great! No vet ranks? Awesome! (I hope). BUT!.... *still waiting for the Necropotence set changes* :|
  • velocidad
    velocidad
    ✭✭
    Will this DLC include a PK system like Lineage2?
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poison-making

I wonder how many Skyrim players were creating poisons for their weapons? I used poisons only in the beginning of game, but soon after their stats became useless in overall much higher stats of weapons.

When playing Skyrim, one poison was used for 2 attacks, with much greater number of single attacks needed to kill enemy. It seems rather hard to use similar poison mechanics in ESO, without active pause to physically apply poison on weapon.

And btw how many ESO players actually use poison enchantments?

This sounds interesting only as a minor additional content.

I would be interested more in crafting jewellery.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume they are going to make fighters guild not as deadly to vampire players but what changes are they doing to vampires?
    *Please add the fangs to them they need them*
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.