The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Need An Awesome Templar Tank Build

KingDuncanVII
KingDuncanVII
✭✭✭
I need a detailed guide on great Tank builds for both a Magicka build and a Stamina build for a Templar. I've never been a Tank so I'm going in blind, here.
Playstation 4 - North American Server - Aldmeri Dominion - Champion Rank 430
Magicka Altmer Nightblade | - Champion
Magicka Regaurd Templar | - Champion
Stamina Khajiit Nightblade | - Champion
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Reroll a dk problem solved.
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Reroll a dk problem solved.

No. DK aren't the only good tanks. Problem not solved.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually making an intro to Stamplar Tanking video now... I can let you know when it's done and I have all my footage together. Hopefully next week!

The basic concept of stamplar tanking is:

On your main tank bar, have your general tank abilities plus blazing shield (for the aoe, shield, and the passives) and channeled focus (or restoring focus if you so please).

On my offbar I like to slot bow so I can use bombard for the cc and repent for the stamina.

Somewhere you'll want to slot power of the light for the dps.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run 7 heavy sword and board. 5 histbark reinforced on armor defending on sword, 5 pce footman's (3 jewels 2 armor) and two pieces of either different monster sets for a lot of health or death's wind for armor.

Bar- Absorb magic, pierce armor, channeled focus, blazing shield, structured entropy.

Aim for 27- 30k health with 32,500 armor and spell resist when standing in channeled rune.

That is the basic look at my build, anyway. He's taken some serious beatings xD
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually making an intro to Stamplar Tanking video now... I can let you know when it's done and I have all my footage together. Hopefully next week!

The basic concept of stamplar tanking is:

On your main tank bar, have your general tank abilities plus blazing shield (for the aoe, shield, and the passives) and channeled focus (or restoring focus if you so please).

On my offbar I like to slot bow so I can use bombard for the cc and repent for the stamina.

Somewhere you'll want to slot power of the light for the dps.

That would be awesome! Is it Magicka or Stamina?
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I run 7 heavy sword and board. 5 histbark reinforced on armor defending on sword, 5 pce footman's (3 jewels 2 armor) and two pieces of either different monster sets for a lot of health or death's wind for armor.

Bar- Absorb magic, pierce armor, channeled focus, blazing shield, structured entropy.

Aim for 27- 30k health with 32,500 armor and spell resist when standing in channeled rune.

That is the basic look at my build, anyway. He's taken some serious beatings xD

Thanks. Do you usually go with Magicka or Stamina?
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glJ2mltMxtw

tamrielfoundry.com/topic/born-again-templar-stamina-templar-trials-tank/

its a work in progress, but it works quite well :) and some video to show you how it works single target, as well as a link to the build thread im working on. i have been playing this build for a few months now, currently has been through every group setting in game and completed it (with exception of Vmol). highest dsa so far with it is 34k+. it literally just plain works. definitely not a "meta" build though.
    Edited by iam117 on April 19, 2016 11:36PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • Gottbeard
    Gottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    Heres my Blazing Shield Templar Tank guide

https://youtu.be/MZDzhIR1tnU
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! I'll look over both and put together a build from that! :)