The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox one NA EP Cyrodil frame rates on 20mbps connection

Serenityx
Serenityx
✭✭✭
I only mention my connection speed because I believe that it is not the issue. Before I start this is not meant to be a rant. This game has really bad frame rates for me in any campaign in which 2 or more alliances have atleast two or more bars. Not latency, not lag, frame drops. Meaning I can still control my character at this point and the game is playable despite not running smoothly.
When any alliance on any campaign on the NA server reaches population cap (3 bars and a lock symbol) I begin to experience the latency and lag to the point I can no longer control my character. It takes 2-3 seconds to bar swap, players start teleporting, I could probably count my frames in a period spanning 10 seconds. The game is unplayable. I could click (don't forget I'm on console here, so "press" or what have you) on a keep door 5 times and watch my character pop in and back out until the server catches up and calculates whatever input limit there is that stops my character from doing this. An example of trying to use an ability would be mass hysteria. I press whatever button I have it assigned to but the ability does not work for 2-3 seconds, at which point the frames are still showing the damage and whatever else happened during that 2-3 second period and then skips to the animation at which point whatever player I was near is usually already breaking/has broken free. Leaving me no time to do whatever I need to do for the moment before they break free from it. That's just an example of a CC ability, this post is long enough already and I think I've described my problem enough that ZOS should have a clear understanding of the difference between frame drops and the level of latency I experience that makes this game unplayable at high populations.
I didn't make this post because ZOS can't do anything to fix this. My problem is, I see people streaming this game on the same platform on the same server at the same time in the same campaign at much more playable frame rates and much less lag. I can't imagine that the servers would get full everyday if everyone experienced this sort of latency. What can I do to make this game playable? What is it that allows people to play this game? Do I need to re-install? Any and all advice is welcome here...
Edited by Serenityx on April 18, 2016 11:30PM
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes there are just too many people in the server at same keep. Your best bet is to avoid the major keep battles when this is going on. Sometimes in the bigger 3 way battles it can lag the entire map and you will just have to wait till the zergs break up
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma