The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars and Religion

Druachan
Druachan
✭✭✭
I have a templar breton, and she is playing ok, quite enjoying how her abilities work. However I keep seeing templars referred to as holy warriors, paladins etc. Which is fine but I don't really see anything that points to what the religious side might be like. I have abilities that are prayers etc, but who am i praying to? Do other templars have religious orders or is it something thats not really relevant in the game? I did look around in the forums for more on this but i couldn't see anything on the religious side, just a lot on how to spec the build.
Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would seem they channel Anuic Creatia.

Essentially Aedric energy.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    It would seem they channel Anuic Creatia.

Essentially Aedric energy.

thanks, I was thinking though that theres a reason or something that means they follow the path they do. I just find it a bit strange being a holy warrior without having some sort of downside to it. Guiding principles or communion with a deity. Of course i can always make something up.

Maybe "holy warrior" is the wrong term. I am trying to not think just in terms of crusader knights.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars as a class are lore unfriendly to a pretty good degree. Sun magic, holy magic, and such are not a thing for TES universe. If you wish to use the magics, they are stylized destruction for the vast majority of skills. This is not to say a character would not think they are using magic as gift from the divines, but it is not.

The parts that do fit logically into lore: Holy warrior/paladin are references to religious knightly orders. There would be many orders like this tot he divines and other gods.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    People fall into too many specifics with the lore, something that I think is not intended. The classes are simply named to give you a feel for them, not to hold you to a specific.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe