The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how to level up blacksmith,clothing,woodowork

Brightxdawn
Brightxdawn
✭✭✭
Hi, I started a new toon. I am having a hard time leveling up my crafter skills. I get little to no experience from deconing stole items. That method used to give lots of exp. What can i do? Im EP on NA.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're in a guild, get someone to craft high level stuff for you to decon. Post up at a crafting area and make an afternoon of it, crafting and deconning.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I started a new toon. I am having a hard time leveling up my crafter skills. I get little to no experience from deconing stole items. That method used to give lots of exp. What can i do? Im EP on NA.

If you improve it first, you get full inspiration at green level.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disassemble everything you find. I started a new alt 2 weeks ago, now vet 2 and blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking are all above 30 just from disassembling drops(not stolen items, drops from mobs you kill).
    Edited by Sharee on April 16, 2016 11:00PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything above, and for more detailed info that may help you focus your efforts:

craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-pts-patch-v2-3-5-Thieves Guild DLC

guide-media-spoilers-craft-nodes-maps-from-harvest-map-addon-pdf

• Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they changed the xp to stolen items (makes no logical sense, but I suppose they thought it was making crafting too easy or something).

Basically:
    1. Decon all your loot. You might consider hunting treasure chests as a source of green/blue items which give better xp than white items which often drop from enemies.

2. Either with a friend or with two of your own characters craft as many items of the highest tier material you have the ability to use and then trade these items and deconstruct them. Deconning things made by other characters (whether your own or someone else’s) will give you good xp.

3. Buy high level “intricate” items from guild stores and deconstruct those. (This method cost me approximately 3,000 to increase one level starting around level 20 and cost about the same per level all the way up to level 50, but it depends a lot on what deals you can find if you shop around). Although I don’t know the numbers, I believe I read somewhere that the amount of ‘inspiration points’ you get from deconstruction is reduced for items very much above your crafting level, but as you get closer to the level of the item you will get the full amount - so it somewhat evens out the number of items it takes to reach the next level.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on April 17, 2016 8:49PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    Although I don’t know the numbers, I believe I read somewhere that the amount of ‘inspiration points’ you get from deconstruction is reduced for items very much above your crafting level, but as you get closer to the level of the item you will get the full amount - so it somewhat evens out the number of items it takes to reach the next level.

It is true, but it really only applies if your buying Intricate Items for decon, you can save money by getting the lower level ones for your lower end crafters. If your doing the decon mob loot approach, just decon everything you loot and don't worry about lost inspiration, unless you have two your trying to level in crafting, then give the higher end items to your higher level alts.

However, for the last 5 levels in Equipment Crafting, it just makes sense to buy/acquire Intricate Void and Rubedo items and decon those, otherwise it just takes a long time. I have found that I can sell the regular items I loot to a vendor, then buy Intricates and decon those. I end up farther in the Inspiration Bar.

Edited by Nestor on April 18, 2016 1:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    Unfortunately they changed the xp to stolen items (makes no logical sense, but I suppose they thought it was making crafting too easy or something).

I don't understand where this myth came from. When they put that garbage armor/weapons into containers they stated clearly that those items broken down would give little to no inspiration or materials. When I tell people that they will almost always say it does give inspiration and materials so I let them live the fantasy and waste their time stealing and breaking down that garbage down.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on April 18, 2016 2:11PM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand where this myth came from. When they put that garbage armor/weapons into containers they stated clearly that those items broken down would give little to no inspiration or materials.

Initially stolen loot had the same value and Inspiration as regular loot. About 2 or 3 weeks after Justice dropped, they nerfed the value, but I think they kept the Inspiration the same for a couple more weeks.

Now, I noticed a recent change made it so that even the Green Gear you steal gives very little inspiration although I have not tried laundering it first. It use to give full inspiration without laundering. And, the other day, I deconned a VR16 Blue item I got from a Treasure Trove and got a whole 361 Inspiration out of it. I wonder what I would have gotten for it if I had laundered it.

So, bottom line, stolen gear is only good for Fencing. Most items you Launder go to a state that still gives very little for decon, even if it launders to a higher value (as opposed to 0 or 20somethign gold).

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just decon all the other loot you get, though I do recommend selling Ornate items. I have two alts that I've only played a few weeks at crafting level 30 or higher just from decon. Unless you are also researching traits, there really is no rush to level crafting. You can't make set items without learning traits, and no reason to craft anything other than set items (except passing on trait items for others to research). As long as your craft level is close to your character level, you're doing it right.

The short answer is: the more you decon, the faster you level, with bonus from higher level, higher quality, and intricate items.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Deconning dropped loot instead of vendoring is the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to level up crafting.