Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orsinium, Theives Guild and Craglorn

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if these DLC areas and Craglorn are levelled to your character? Meaning if I went there with a lvl 20, for example, would the enemies lvl down to 20 as well, or is there a minimum lvl requirement to go there? If they do lvl to your character, are the areas easier with lower lvl characters than higher?

Thanks.
  • adamt88yep
    Orsinium and Hew Bane are scaled area (all the NPC's are VR16) - meaning you get scaled to VR15.

As for Craglorn it is not scaled and the first area NPC's start at VR11 - VR14
    Xbox One [ EU ]
    Gamertag - Adamt88yep
    Stamina Nightblade - Dark Elf - EP
    Stamina Templar - Argonian - EP
    Magicka Sorcerer - High Elf- EP
    Magicka Templar - Breton - EP
    Magicka Dragon Knight - Dark Elf - EP
    Magicka Nighblade - Breton - EP

PC [EU]
    Adamt88yep
    Magicka Templar - Breton - DC
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium and thieves guild are scaleable zone so when you enter the zone your character is scale up to enemies level.

Craglorn is not scalable
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a little something to add - Craglorn may not be scaleable, but it's definitely easy enough to give it a try at vet 1. However, it won't let you go there at <vet 1, period. Wrothgar and Hew's Bane have no minimum level due to the scaling, you could take your char there at level 3. I took my baby alt to Wrothgar at level 7, didn't have any issues.
  • Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Just a little something to add - Craglorn may not be scaleable, but it's definitely easy enough to give it a try at vet 1. However, it won't let you go there at <vet 1, period. Wrothgar and Hew's Bane have no minimum level due to the scaling, you could take your char there at level 3. I took my baby alt to Wrothgar at level 7, didn't have any issues.

Uh? Craglorn is easy and doable at vet 1? O.o isn't craglorn an area that's meant to be done with a full party? WIth my vet 16 tank i can't even solo most of it and it's not like i'm missing equip or anything O.o
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Svalinn wrote: »

Uh? Craglorn is easy and doable at vet 1? O.o isn't craglorn an area that's meant to be done with a full party? WIth my vet 16 tank i can't even solo most of it and it's not like i'm missing equip or anything O.o
    An average v1 won't accomplish much in Craglorn, but at v16 it's definitely soloable (where grouping isn't a forced requirement, at least). If you can't do it, you're built way too tanky for regular content - switch your skills around to do a bit more damage. :) I haven't done Craglorn in a while, but last time I went there after changes to block, outlasting the enemies was no longer an option, I had to go more offensive than I was used to.
  • Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

An average v1 won't accomplish much in Craglorn, but at v16 it's definitely soloable (where grouping isn't a forced requirement, at least). If you can't do it, you're built way too tanky for regular content - switch your skills around to do a bit more damage. :) I haven't done Craglorn in a while, but last time I went there after changes to block, outlasting the enemies was no longer an option, I had to go more offensive than I was used to.

yeah my V16 is a tank built character that's currently equipped with:

Full engine guardian set
    Full hist bark set
    4 pariah set pieces

4 pieces of the full equipment are yellow, the others are violet.

I did try to switch a little bit the build in order to get a little bit more stamina for scaled damage and i did make a second weapon slot for damage but seems like it's really not enough xD

Well right now tho i'0m building up a DD DK so i guess when the lvl'll be high enough i'll try and see if there're any differences
    Edited by Svalinn on April 18, 2016 1:02PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Been a while since I gave it a try but my templar was soloing most of it at around v5 a few months ago I think(she was fairly tanky back then, I think she was doing it in 5h/2l, 5*Seducer+something else, can't remember). Was quite challenging for some bosses but actually fairly fun, shame the xp is totally atrocious :) Did have to ask for help on the group locked quests and a few bosses but overall wasn't too bad. A dps build would probably have an easier time.
    May not be quite easy but worth giving a try imo ;P It's definitely not worth waiting for vet 16 and 4 people party to do it.

That's also for Lower Craglorn. They did nerf Upper Crag a lot at some point but I'm not sure how soloable it is, haven't really quested there since it came out(back then it was fairly challenging for 3 people).