The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Short, One Entry Stories or Long Multiple Entry?

Krist
Krist
✭✭✭✭
Was just wondering what people prefer. I tend to break my character stories up by antagonist, therefor Krist, as an example, will be in different threads ending when the main antagonist of that thread is finished. I was wondering if people prefer single, one post short story, medium stories like I do with Krist, or maybe keep a single character story to one thread, and stay on that thread with that character throughout.

So which do you prefer to read of others, and how do you prefer to write your own?

Sorry if to some it seems like a dumb poll, just wondering really how folks felt.
Edited by Krist on April 18, 2016 12:12AM
"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
"Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
"That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe

Short, One Entry Stories or Long Multiple Entry? 9 votes

Short, One Entry Stories
11%
Ffastyl 1 vote
Medium Multiple Entries
11%
Krist 1 vote
Stick To One Discussion Per Character
22%
ArobainTawniey 2 votes
Whatever
55%
TotalitarianChiba_EmiLarianaPeel_Ya_Cap_517menedhyn 5 votes
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever
    By picking that option, I mean do whatever you feel is easiest or more natural for you. I really enjoy reading your stories and journal posts and so it doesn't bother me how you choose to present them.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium Multiple Entries
    paganach wrote: »
    By picking that option, I mean do whatever you feel is easiest or more natural for you. I really enjoy reading your stories and journal posts and so it doesn't bother me how you choose to present them.

Appreciate that very much. I think I was misleading with my initial post, I wasn't just wondering for my own posts, but also what others like to read on the boards in general, or how they like to write.

I come here first when I check the boards, and most times only check "Fiction & Roleplaying", to read what others have written. I know there are other off sites for stories and such, but this is home, and I really like what I read on here. I will edit above to ensure folks know it isn't just about my posts. Again, thank you for the compliment.
    Edited by Krist on April 18, 2016 12:14AM
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever
    Aah, sorry, probably my misinterpretation. I suppose it's the same answer for everyone else though. I take the view that if people are willing to share their efforts, thoughts and hard work with others, i'm happy to go with whatever format the author chooses.

When I write stuff I like to keep things simple and try, where I can, to stick to one story thread per character. I think a lot depends on what it is you're writing. A thread of character-specific journal entries is perhaps different from general situational scribblings.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'