Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Craft bags per character or per account?

OldManJim
OldManJim
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anybody heard if craft bags are per character, or per account?

I'm hoping every character on the account has access to a single, account wide crafting bag, otherwise you'll have to split everything up between each of your crafters (urgh) or keep items in the bank (as we do now), rendering the bags virtually useless.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that character based craft bags would be the wrong way to go, however I'm pretty sure it will be account wide. Not only does this have more utility for players, but from ZOS's point of view it reduces database space (why create 8 separate tables when only one is needed) and secondly, this account wide is done for bank space now, so just build code off the back of that functionality B)
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it turns out to be another bank option that only fits crafting mats that all characters can access, I would pay for that.
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Either way if fine with me as my main is also my crafter and has maxed all trades out. I just cant wait to get the bags space!
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    From what I have seen it is an unlimited bag that holds every and all crafting (both raw and refined) and is account wide.... but only for ESO Plus members..
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    568GGvH.jpg

Even if it cost crowns don`t make the game pay-to-win creating a useful feature exclusively to people who can, physically and financially, pay every single month. if something sinister happen in a month and for some reason one can`t pay the subscription, it will slow down the progress because all materials would be locked.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a link to anything official about crafting bags? I.e. From ZOS
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Nothing official except they are coming and for ESO Plus.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    568GGvH.jpg

Even if it cost crowns don`t make the game pay-to-win creating a useful feature exclusively to people who can, physically and financially, pay every single month. if something sinister happen in a month and for some reason one can`t pay the subscription, it will slow down the progress because all materials would be locked.

I wouldnt think they would lock you from the mats you have if you dont pay the sub for a month. They will probably mail the mats to you if i had to guess.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

They have talked about it a bit on ESO Live. I recall them saying what they want to do is that when you pick up a crafting material is should automatically go to the crafting bag. That's all I recall though. And who knows if it has changed, or will change, before it comes to live.

[EDIT]
    Ritzey01 wrote: »
    568GGvH.jpg

I wouldnt think they would lock you from the mats you have if you dont pay the sub for a month. They will probably mail the mats to you if i had to guess.

Or I imagine you would be able to withdraw from it, but not deposit.
    Edited by MissBizz on April 13, 2016 4:32PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    568GGvH.jpg

I agree it is an unfair advantage which they said they would never do..... They would always offer it someway to keep balance... I think they need to offer it for crown and gold as well... Even if it is like some games where it is a monthly fee for it. Say 500 crown a month ( I know I still wouldn't pay that) or 50,000 gold (I would consider this). I am showing high prices because they always sell things at high prices besides the DLCs.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    568GGvH.jpg

I agree it is an unfair advantage which they said they would never do..... They would always offer it someway to keep balance... I think they need to offer it for crown and gold as well... Even if it is like some games where it is a monthly fee for it. Say 500 crown a month ( I know I still wouldn't pay that) or 50,000 gold (I would consider this). I am showing high prices because they always sell things at high prices besides the DLCs.

This seems to fall squarely under convenience for me. I hoard crafting mats like a crazy person but I can make it work by juggling things around between mules... it's a PITA but it works. When I get my ESO+ crafting bag then managing my materials will be much more convenient but I won't be able to do anything I was not able to do before.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay to win seems to get thrown around quite a bit. Not sure how this would even be close to being ptw. Would be nice and convenient no doubt. Probably save me a couple hours a week.
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Pay to win seems to get thrown around quite a bit. Not sure how this would even be close to being ptw. Would be nice and convenient no doubt. Probably save me a couple hours a week.

Totally agree, this is in no way PTW. This is a convenience only, one i REALLY want!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree its not PTW, but it is a definite advantage. But, an advantage that is in keeping with other ESO+ benefits:

10% XP gain
    10% gold
    10% research time reduction
    10% inspiration gain

These are definitely advantages, and depending on your definition of PTW, might be considered as such. So, the crafting bag, which would be a definite advantage, is in keeping with the other advantages offered by ESO+. And, if the crafting bags are limitless, then its a rather hefty advantage, since you can hoard mats to your heart's content and have tons of space to save lots of gear sets, consumables, etc. I still don't think it's PTW, but it's definitely more than just the convenience of having all your mats in one place and easily accessible by all your characters.

I'd like to see this available in the Crown Store (since I dropped ESO+ because I got tired of having to micromanage my subscription to ensure I got my monthly Crowns and periodically losing access to DLC and in-game benefits). However, I don't think they'd do so, since they're trying to add to the benefits of ESO+ and this would certainly make it more enticing. If ZOS ever manages to make ESO+ reliable on XB, then I'd consider renewing my sub. For now, I purchase Crowns and buy the things I want.