The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Request]: A mortal skin

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to try out some builds with vampire, but only when I'm out of character. As a RPer, I don't want to be a vampire in character. I know many other players have the same problem. If there could be a mortal skin in crown store, just like the soul shriven skin, I'd buy it to cover my vampire appearance.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually... not a bad idea.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been brought up many times, aint a new idea. As an RPer I understand the desire, but in the end we make believe many things. Id rather have crown store items that appeal to masses and not just an person here or there.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a likely thing for the crown store - too few who might pay the price for it. Not to mention, I happen to think that people should not get an OoC opt-out to their disgusting undead appereance! (Yes, I am kidding, a little)

How-ever... it is quite evident that -some- vampires can indeed pass for mortal under certain circumstances. Could Ravenwatch did it when we first met him, remember? So... there should be -something- that allows player vamps to do the same. Perhaps with some severe limitations... like... say... a toggle that reduces vampire appereance level by one, at he price of taking up a skill slot? Which would then keep you looking mortal as long as you kept at stage 1...

And of course, in addition to that there would need to be some better stage control way. Either an option to "gorge yourself" through multiple feedings at stage 1, each extending the duration for another 30 minutes... or some "blood potion" that is filled much in the way of soul gems - have an empty alchemically treated vial in your inventory, feed while at stage 1 already, and it fills the vial, fill as many as you like, drink later to count as one feeding... that sort of thing.

Those two together would make a nice in-character way for vampires to live the happy daily life. Of course, I'd also want to see the city guards going "stake-on-sight" on any vampire who lets the beast hang out so to speak, and goes stage-4 under their noses...
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with that, if there was something to lessen the severity of the paleness (or purpleness if you're a Redguard like my vampire :/) I'd like that. Not sure if there'd be a big enough market to justify it as a separate Crown Store item (though they did put bites in there I guess), I was kind of hoping some element of the appearance change feature might do it. Still hopeful.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a likely thing for the crown store - too few who might pay the price for it. Not to mention, I happen to think that people should not get an OoC opt-out to their disgusting undead appereance! (Yes, I am kidding, a little)...

I agree and I am not kidding
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure want it and would gladly pay for it. I find the absolute inability of ESO vampires to blend in patently absurd and an affront to logic. We're at war with the father of vampires for crying out loud, if even well fed vampires are this obvious they wouldn't last long at all.

Ideally it should drop the second we enter combat, making it an illusion or glamour of some sort.
  • Xellos77
    Xellos77
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with being able to wear a mortal's skin.

Oh wait. You meant like a re-skin. Damn, I was all for being able to wear skin.
    Ebonheart Pact/PS4/NA
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they do sell the blue motifs and bites in crown store though I doubt many people would buy those, don't they?
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on April 15, 2016 2:27PM