The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

64 bit vs 32bit game version

YALEBLOR
YALEBLOR
Soul Shriven
so , is there any benefit to switching over to the 64 bit version ?
how hard would it be ?
i show both launchers in the client folder , yet it's the 32-bit version that's active , would i need to re-download the game to do the switch ?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't download anything. All you do is go to your game folder and double click on eso64.exe to open up the game (it won't open the launcher). Tada. You will be using 64 bit client :)

I'm not that technical, so in theory (my theory, of what I've heard) it should allow the game to use more of your system memory. Be warned though, the 64 bit client has been a bit buggy hence why it is not auto-launched from the launcher. I see they did some fixes today though, so I'll definitely be trying it out again!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Scheneighnay
    Scheneighnay
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    You don't download anything. All you do is go to your game folder and double click on eso64.exe to open up the game (it won't open the launcher). Tada. You will be using 64 bit client :)

I'm not that technical, so in theory (my theory, of what I've heard) it should allow the game to use more of your system memory. Be warned though, the 64 bit client has been a bit buggy hence why it is not auto-launched from the launcher. I see they did some fixes today though, so I'll definitely be trying it out again!

A little buggy? It's terrible. I'm getting a fraction of my usual FPS if I use the 64 bit client.
    Options
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using the 64-bit client and it works really well for me as compared to launching the game through the launcher. Guess it's because of me running a 64-bit OS? Dunno exactly.
    Options
  • Scheneighnay
    Scheneighnay
    ✭✭
    Zenetrax wrote: »
    I'm using the 64-bit client and it works really well for me as compared to launching the game through the launcher. Guess it's because of me running a 64-bit OS? Dunno exactly.

Well, you need a 64-bit OS to run the 64-bit launcher.
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not compared the recent 32 bit client to the 64 bit client, but I have been using the 64 bit client exclusively since it became available. I've noticed a slight improvement to texture quality but I think this might be more to do with DX11 support, which I assume the current 32 bit client also has.

I've lost 5-10fps on average since the old 32 bit client and there are some distracting bugs such as occasional pink textures and erroneous sounds which can get really annoying. There are also intermittent fps drops which can be noticed through the mouse and screen, this is on top of the general fps drop which can't be noticed through the screen. This intermittent fps drop can happen in pve or pvp and seems to happen when the erroneous sounds are at their worst. Yesterday I was in wrothgar with my dc alt and getting really bad fps drops and sounds, logged out and logged back in on my ad main who was also in wrothgar and no issues whatsoever.

Basically there are a load of bugs but the only ones I can confirm are exclusive to the 64 bit client are the pink textures and erroneous sounds. The frame drops may well be happening on the 32 bit client too. Any pink textures can be fixed with a client restart, not sure if that also fixes the sounds; I've just been tolerating them unless they get really bad. Yesterday in old orsinium, on my dc alt, somehow the sound effect of boundless storm activation got replaced with the sound of harpies' death throes. So every time I activated boundless storm I heard a harpie dying. Was pretty amusing tbh.

TL;DR: I havent noticed any benefit that I can definitely attribute to the 64-bit client, only bugs, but I continue to use it all the same
    PC | EU
    Options
  • YALEBLOR
    YALEBLOR
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for the input , i will try it , i was going to launch with the 64-bit .exe but i was a fearing fail ,,,, fail of major magnitutude and i didnt want to have to re-install the game
    Options