The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Major FPS drop in cities

Icebound
Icebound
Soul Shriven
I have been experiencing this problem for a while and have looked at multiple sites for help. It drops from around 80-100fps down to the low 20's as long as I'm in the city.
CPU: FX8350 4.2 Ghz
CPU: Sapphire R9 290 tri-X
16GB of dual channel DDR3 RAM 1866
So I can't imagine it would be my components not being able to handle the software.
  • Scheneighnay
    Scheneighnay
    ✭✭
    Odd- my PC is worse than that, but I still keep a solid 60fps in cities.

Are you running the 32 bit client or the 64 bit?
    I know the 64 bit has major issues including framerate.
    Options
  • Icebound
    Icebound
    Soul Shriven
    Odd- my PC is worse than that, but I still keep a solid 60fps in cities.

Are you running the 32 bit client or the 64 bit?
    I know the 64 bit has major issues including framerate.

According to my Task manager it says I am running the 32 bit version. Haha I got my hopes up for a minute. But I know there's got to be something wrong, that framerate is just insanely low.
    Options
  • Icebound
    Icebound
    Soul Shriven
    Probably also worth mentioning that I've tried lowering all of my settings from Ultra/High down to much lower settings, which has absolutely no effect on the fps, and I've made sure all my drivers are up to date, and even went as far as downloading a tool to unpark all the cores on my CPU.
    Options