The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gamyne Bandu is one tough puppy

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't for the life of me take out this boss in any group I get, this has been the hardest boss I have encountered and can't figure a way around it. I know about the chains we all focus kill the same one freeing the person. I know about the blue bolt that creates the linking beam Misery and we have to move apart asap. There's the 4 shadows we have to kill when she vanishes. There's a rock in the middle of the water that is a foot trap!! When multiple of these start to go off at the same time, it doesn't seem possible to avoid or complete them AND still do damage to her, it feels like the entire encounter is spent avoiding her abilities. By the time I do get to DPS, I spent everything to frantically to counter all her abilities and just tapping her with Heavy attacks just to recover.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I love that boss lol and would like to give you tips but it seems you already know the tactics. I can only suggest maybe using TS so that you can comunicate better with your groups. I personally never use TS but have died many times to her long ago. Now she is easy...
    Edited by sickboy2808 on March 21, 2016 12:34PM
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She has killed many a PUG.

Is the tank is effectively holding aggro on her the whole time? That takes some pressure off. She sometimes ignores the tank, but if she is otherwise stationary and comes back to the same spot it helps a lot. As does voice communication among the team.

Otherwise this fight is basically a DPS check. You need to be able to sustain decent levels of DPS despite the mechanics.

Once you get her down a couple of times, it'll click and you'll no longer dread this fight.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I did this for the first time yesterday as vet pledge. we made sure to communicate and knew what to do before we started. But shes a toughie :)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good idea is always to ask, "Everyone done this dungeon?" Or, "Have we all done the boss before?"

Communication helps. That, and if you are like me, you play with at leas one friend in voice with all PUGs. Just helps knowing no matter what, two of us are totally and entirely in sync. Bonus points if one of you is a healer.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I have only run dungeons with friends
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PUG'd it a few times. Sometimes it's been tough, tanking and healing at the same time for a long period of time whilst getting frustrated with the DPS not doing their job or knowing/not bothering with the mechanics. Sometimes it's a breeze, Sorcs streaking away from the healer when the beam comes or a NB 3 shotting an add when the chains come.

Sounds like bad luck.
    PC EU
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another trick you might not be aware with is Mysery(the purple lightning link between 2 people) can be dodged. Watch it, you can see her create and aim it, if at least one of the people she tries to link dodges it you both simply won't get it ;) Makes this fight that much easier.
    Did they or did they not fix charge removing chains btw?

Also, this is one of the buggier fights out there, could be part of the issue. Sometimes she does her mechanics at once, like she'll chain AND do lightning(best when one of the lightning-ed guys is the chained one...), or sometimes she'll spawn shadows but not disappear herself so you'll have her AND ads to deal with...she's also prone to randomly disappearing for extended periods of time midfight lol, up to ~10 minutes. Don't worry, she usually does come back. Use the time to regenerate your resources and do funny emotes.

Good luck!
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple mechanics for a simple boss even with the charge abilities no longer breaking the sword. Tank her in the open away from the fences and rocks and maintain an decent combat spacing around the tank. As soon as someone gets chained dps the closest shadow to the boss (You should be near the boss when fighting). When she launches the tether projectile it is VERY easy to dodge roll and if you cannot evade it TURN AND RUN in opposite directions to break the beam while the healer does their best to keep health up. She will split into four shadows and the tank needs to taunt all four and whoever has crowd control such as talons can lock them down for quick AOE. When Bandu materializes again return to the cycle of freeing chained allies and dodge/breaking the tether. NOTE: Sometimes after the split phase she will not spawn right away just remember where the divide took place and be ready.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Dodge the link (only one of the two has to succeed) and you can clearly see that its being charged.
    2. You can free the chained down person instantly if a DK casts Talons on the 4 adds. Im not sure if other roots also do this, maybe sorcs can do it too with Encase.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll have to try using the talons at the adds next time, I used to use the chain on one of them but it appears they nerfed that in the TG update. Otherwise as long as 2 or 3 of you can target the same corner ADD, the player will get released.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.