The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Wolf Mount and Pet

ViciousXero
ViciousXero
Soul Shriven
As the title says, I would like to see this happen. The models are already there, they would just need some reconfiguring along with some tweaks. I don't know how many times this as been said or what not seeing as this is my first time actually being able to access the forums. However, I would like to see this happen, and probably many others too.

In total, with the models available that is 2 pets and 2 mounts seeing as there is the grey wolf model and the black wolf model, but of course they could make it 3 or more with a simple color change. I don't know if something was said in the past, or if nothing was said at all because that would take a large amount of time, sifting through a lot of topics.

In retrospect, wolf mounts and pets would be cool to have.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    except a normal wolf is not ab;e to support the weight of a human, and most are near the size of a dog
    Options
  • ViciousXero
    ViciousXero
    Soul Shriven
    Arobain wrote: »
    except a normal wolf is not ab;e to support the weight of a human, and most are near the size of a dog

Well that is getting very technical on the matter, but this is ESO we are talking about.
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the wolf mount will come if they try to add a story for bosmer in elsweyr.
    Options
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a larger direwolf then? That would be pretty kickass.
    NA PS4
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been mentioned before... so... a lot of people want this. I expect in time, it will come too, a wolf pet and a direwolf mount, probably in basic gray/brown and then some "limited editions" in black and in white... pretty much like the bears, or senche... (and yeah, I am eagerly awaiting the day, I'd totally buy a black direwolf so my elfy main can get to be a "wolfrider" ;) )

I would be interested to know if they might add "exotic" versions of non-horse mounts though. I mean, a "hellhound" type wolf-based mount might be a possibility, as could be an "ice wolf" or something like that...
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf Mount is going to be a thing someday.

Depending on how they look in game, I might get one for my Bosmer until she can get a wild boar mount.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if you want your feet dragging on the ground while you try to ride it. Dire Wolves are not all the much larger than a Gray Wolf, and a Gray Wolf is sized for child to ride, maybe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_wolf

Then again, a Panther is not sized for an adult human to ride either.
    Edited by Nestor on April 4, 2016 4:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Only if you want your feet dragging on the ground while you try to ride it. Dire Wolves are not all the much larger than a Gray Wolf, and a Gray Wolf is sized for child to ride, maybe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_wolf

Then again, a Panther is not sized for an adult human to ride either.

I also checked Wikipedia before my initial response. That's why I specified "larger" direwolf, meaning a bit bigger than they actually were.

NA PS4
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is tamriel.

...in RL, "Giants" are 7'4" wrestlers, in ESO the "Giants" are quite a bit larger. In RL a panther is not pony sized either, in ESO you can ride one if you choose (and shell out your crowns at the right time) Stands to reason that there is no reason there could not be equally oversized direwolves, right? For the right price of course... ka-ching! ;)
    Options
  • BullNetch
    BullNetch
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Wolf Mount is going to be a thing someday.

Depending on how they look in game, I might get one for my Bosmer until she can get a wild boar mount.

The giant boar may be the special edition mount for any expansion featuring the Psijic Order. We already have a psijic piggy pet.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

This is someone who has not actually been around wolves before.

I agree that they would not be able to viably support the weight of a person, especially one in armor (or, god forbid, an orc).

However, I helped raise wolves at a wildlife preserve when I was younger, and fully grown males have paws the size of dinner plates and are taller than a full grown man standing up. The only reason they're not "big enough" to support a rider is because they're rather lanky and thin, not burly like a bear or lion.

That said, dire wolves are entirely possible in the realm of a fantasy game.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options