The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Random Dungeon finder impacting Daily quests for the Gold Key?

disintegr8
disintegr8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I think the Random Dungeon group finder is having a negative impact for those who rely on group finder to do Veteran Undaunted Daily's. As the random dungeon rewards are solely based on clearing the dungeon, gold key or not, I believe this is getting in the way of people trying to get gold keys.

Using the group finder, I ran Vet Crypt of Hearts twice last night trying to get the gold key but on both runs we had two players not in group chat who kept killing the spirits regardless. The first run I left the group on our second death during the final fight - after the sword had been picked up with no spirits alive. The second run I completed it and settled for the silver.

I would like to suggest to ZOS that they remove the undaunted daily quest dungeons from the random dungeon list each day. I know it is not critical for normal but it is vital for veteran and the gold keys.

I have reached the point where I am thinking of booting anyone from the group who does not come into group chat - but that is also playing up at the moment and I might be accused of being 'elitist'. A group dungeon is meant to be run as a GROUP - not many groups achieve the best results if they do not communicate.

The usual response to complaints about the group finder is people telling you to find a guild - that is easy if you are all on a similar time zone. As I am in Australia and am on the NA (PS4) server, none of the guilds I have joined usually have more than 1 or 2 players on when I can play during the week and I have had no luck finding a local guild.
Australian on PS4 NA server.
Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the woes of being a ps4 player lol, yea I feel your struggle. Unfortunately they will never really this because they won't see it as a problem I'm sure. Honestly kicking anyone who doesn't come to group chat when you're trying to go for a gold key makes the most sense but maybe someone else has a better solution
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • lDcoyl
    lDcoyl
    ✭✭
    My friend and I on ps4 are having the same problem for definate! We noticed a big difference in wait times.
  • HerculesGL
    pretty new to dungeons and stuff so I must say " what the well is the gold key for and how do you get it ? "
    I've ran crypt of hearts a couple of times this week ( not in group chat I may ad ) and never heard of it.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont use group finder tool, but even with grouping for daily in /z things might get... Interesting.
    The other day I was healing the same pledge, CoH. The run went quite well until the last boss... We had to wait for the boss to summon his ghosts, and he was at around 40% health. When the second couple of adds was spawned, 1 dd started spamming aoes and we had to wipe, because the boss started pulling his sword immediately and ghosts were killed. That was really awkward, since that guy wanted a no death achievement in addition to gold key. After we killed the boss, he said he was after that no-death for 4 months. XD
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on March 30, 2016 1:33PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty new to dungeons and stuff so I must say " what the well is the gold key for and how do you get it ? "
    I've ran crypt of hearts a couple of times this week ( not in group chat I may ad ) and never heard of it.

Its a daily quest for a dungeon. You can pick it up at undaunted enclave in your alliance's capital. At level 45, you should get a mail with an invitation.
    There's 2 dailies: silver and gold. For silver, you need to do a normal dungeon and kill all bosses. If you do, youll get a silver key that can be used to open a chest for a random reward that might include a good set item. If you wont kill all optional bosses during siver quest, youll get a bronze key that just drops some green item and soul gem (no sets).
    There's also a vet dungeon quest. It has an optional challenge for the last boss, if you do it, you'll get gold key (with better chance for set items) and if you fail it but still kill the final boss, you'll get a silver key.
    The chalenge is different for every dungeon and is described in your quest log.
    For CoH you need to keep 4 ghosts alive until the boss starts pulling his sword from the center of the room. If you kept killing them, you might've ruined someone's loot chances :(
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on March 30, 2016 1:40PM

PC/EU
  • HerculesGL
    I didn't know there were daily challenges. All I knew was you get extra xp once a day for a dungeon
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know there were daily challenges. All I knew was you get extra xp once a day for a dungeon

Well, at level 45 you should get a mail called "Undaunted enclave invite". There's an item attached, and if you use that item, you'll get a quest. It will lead you to the quest givers.

PC/EU
  • HerculesGL
    Crap ! Must of deleted it !
  • Naff
    Naff
    ✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    Crap ! Must of deleted it !

You can still do it. The undaunted enclave is just outside of your alliances capital city. (In Wayrest, South end, outside the wall. ) You can't miss it. Bunch of toons standing around usually. This is assuming you've done the "One of the Undaunted" quest earlier on and already a member of the Undaunted. If not, you'll have to do that first I think.
    CP600
    Naffor - Sorc
    Naffiel - Templar
    Naffank - Dragonknight
    various other baby Naff's
  • HerculesGL
    Cool. I will check my quest journal tonight.
  • HerculesGL
    I'm EP and can not for the life of me find this enclave.
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    I'm EP and can not for the life of me find this enclave.

Mournhold - Southwest outside the city gate... you will know you are close once the lag hits
    PC/NA
  • HerculesGL
    Found it , nice one !
    Thanks
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you want to remove daily dungs from the random list? I dont see a problem here. I'm not doing pledges anymore, but still run random dungeons time to time. As I dont care about gold keys, i'm always asking people in the group if they need hard mode, or not. If they dont, or do not respond to the chat, i'm just burning down spirits, daedroths etc.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maxetro - if you ask when joining a group then you are one of the few rather than the majority. I encountered my first person who asked last night, otherwise I am encountering more people who stay off group chat and are only interested in completing the dungeon as fast as possible.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want to see the dailies removed from the random dungeons list. I usually pick the daily up before starting the random dungeon search as I get into a group trying to do gold daily most of the time. And from my experience most players don't mind doing hardmode if you tell them you need it and the group is capable of doing it. I even managed to get 2 gold keys from icp via random dungeon finder once.
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, it would be better if ZoS remove vet WGT, ICP and CoA from random list. I even cant tell how many times I was grouped with low lvl vet players for these dungeons without any hope to get past even first boss.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maxetro wrote: »
    Actually, it would be better if ZoS remove vet WGT, ICP and CoA from random list. I even cant tell how many times I was grouped with low lvl vet players for these dungeons without any hope to get past even first boss.

Noooooo. This is where the fun begins :tongue: