The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

LF Heavy armor magicka dragonknight pvp build

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
Hey guys, does anyone know an up to date heavy armor magicka dragonknight pvp build? I've got a v16 imperial that I want to improve a little bit.
  • Dermestes
    Dermestes
    ✭✭
    I've been messing with a few different heavy armor combos but none has worked the way I wanted.

5 Elfs Bane, 2 Skoria, 5 VD

4 Elfs Bane, 5 Kagernac, 3 Willpower

I can't seem to find a combo I like that I can drop the rest staff though.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Dermestes wrote: »
    I've been messing with a few different heavy armor combos but none has worked the way I wanted.

5 Elfs Bane, 2 Skoria, 5 VD

4 Elfs Bane, 5 Kagernac, 3 Willpower

I can't seem to find a combo I like that I can drop the rest staff though.

Is kagrenacs better than julianos?
    Atm I'm running
    2p skoria
    2p Torug's Pact ( s&b + destro or resto)
    5p julianos
    3p will power
    5h and 2l

I don't know if my stats are good for pvp, I should mention that I also tank with this toon in pve with some armor changes, are these stats okay? in cyrodiil with Stam + mag food

Magicka 27181
    Health 24052
    Stamina 18484

Mag regen 1457
    Health regen 417
    Stam regen 551

Spell damage 1715 s&b bar 1592 staff bar
    Spell crit 36%

Spell resistance 18331
    Physical resistance 15315

Im a total pvp noob though :smiley:
  • Dermestes
    Dermestes
    ✭✭
    In pvp you can't crit against shields so I find it mostly a wasted bonus against anyone running shields.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Dermestes wrote: »
    In pvp you can't crit against shields so I find it mostly a wasted bonus against anyone running shields.

Mhh I didn't know that lol, Ill look into that set then.
  • Bulljoker
    Bulljoker
    ✭✭✭
    magDK is not the best, but it's really fun but can be hard to play, give it a chance and you will love it more then any other class

i am using
    5heavy 1light 1stam(and level up your Undaunted skill tree for passives)
    2 blood spawn(because we need ultimate, maybe you can try skoria,not tried it by myself)
    5 kagrenacs
    3 willpower
    1h+shield torugs pact, you can run it on both bars or use resto staff on second

abilities:

for 1v1 i am running
    Burning embers
    Flame lash
    Deep Breath
    Dragon fire scale
    Fossilize (use it right after you use meteor,with good timing,target can't cc break and block in time and get's full dmg from meteor)
    U: meteor

secondbar
    Proximity detonation
    Entropy for spell dmg buff
    free slot, sometimes i use Talons there, sometimes Harness Magicka against sorcerers, or fiery grip
    Dragon blood or Blessing of restoration,depends if you are running 2x 1h+shield or resto staff
    Volatile Armor
    U: Dawnbreaker of Smithing because it really hurts vampires and i love this ultimate,you should try it

if you are playing in group against groups, put Talons on first bar instead of burning embers and Igneous Shield on second bar
    Edited by Bulljoker on April 7, 2016 7:22AM
    PC EU
    EP - Bull the Ironbreaker - MagDK
    EP - They-renamed-me - MagBlade
    AD - Friendly in Cherno - StamSorc
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I tried all classes but I like dragonknights the most :tongue: I don't have bloodspawn yet but I'll keep that set in mind, I only have skoria, engine guardian, maw of the infernal and Bogdans.

Thanks for your skill set but how would you rate mine?

Bar 1 s&b
    Invasion - gap closer
    Burning talons - root ( I'll probably change this to choking because players break free before the dot can tick although it can proc skoria)
    Flame lash - spam + self heal
    Volatile armor - armor + dot for skoria
    Deep breath - heal + dot for skoria
    Ult - ice comet

Bar 2 in group resto
    Structured entropy - heal + buffs
    Healing ward - heals + bubble
    Grand healing Springs - heal + magicka regen
    Reflective scale - reflect
    Rapid regeneration - HoT
    Ult - warhorn

Bar 2 solo destro
    Destructive reach - knock back
    Fossilize - root + stun
    Impulse - reduce player max health + spam
    Reflective scale - reflect
    Green Dragon Blood - heal + stam regen
    Ult - dawnbreaker of smiting

I'm also thinking of going double s&b but I don't know if that would work as I don't have much ranged options then.
  • Bulljoker
    Bulljoker
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think SaB + destro staff is good idea, also Invasion is not good as it used to be before Tamriel unlimited, we dont have that much stamina and you need stamina for blocking etc, also gap closers are bugged and not working most of the time in pvp

if you want, you can run destro + resto with light armor to make it really work, but DK really need a shield

put volatile and other buffs on second bar, try my bar, after few hours of playing you will realise what abilities you need and that you dont have time to switch to another bar, like me i really prefer to have reflect on main bar,also with fosilize so i can stun in time before my burst, DK needs good timing since we don't have that much dmg, our only chance is mostly meteor, so as i said, buff up, deal some dmg, meteor and stun right after and there we go, target is dead. :D
    PC EU
    EP - Bull the Ironbreaker - MagDK
    EP - They-renamed-me - MagBlade
    AD - Friendly in Cherno - StamSorc
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Cool I'll try your bar out, thanks for the help mate :smile:
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar 1 sword and shield
    Deep Breath
    Shielded charge
    Burning embers
    Degeneration
    Flame lash
    U- shooting star

Bar 2 resto staff
    Volatile armor
    Healing ward
    Dragonfire scale
    Burning talons
    Proxy det
    U- devouring swarm

5 piece julianos
    5 piece vicious death
    2 piece Valkyn skoria.

BEAST set up.

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Skaffa or vyr cor on YouTube. Just search for "ESO Skaffa" or "ESO corgaming". Watch not just the build, but how they use it. When to retreat, when to attack, when to heal, when to use ultimate, etc.