The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm begging ESO to fix toppling charge

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that Empowering Chains is also fixed. When I slot it on my DK for PvP, literally it will work about 50% of the time due to the height differences that do not affect skills such as shield charge. Also, would appear that I will not be pulled to a target if they dodge roll.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if i'm just lucky. But my toppling charge has not broken once since patch :/ It used to do it loads prior.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time this problem is in PvP. For some reason in this game height calculations are more problematic in Cyrodiil than in any other zone, as far as I can tell. But, as a full disclaimer, I haven't exactly gone to every zone and tested whether or not it works. Generally speaking, outside of Cyrodiil I have no problems with it.

While we're on the subject, there are others gap closers that don't function in pve either (or at least in certain areas). The entire bottom level of Elden Hollow is incompatible with chains. You can be standing 5 feet from an enemy with completely level terrain and still not be able to pull them. This issue extends to the hallways and the boss room as well. I've had issues with chains in WGT and Prison, but those issues are fewer and farther between.
  • superZ
    superZ
    ✭✭
    We do care. In fact, we mentioned this on the last ESO Live that we plan to change how charge abilities (like Toppling Charge) ultimately work; we're currently looking at potentially making them more like teleports, which should fix their current issues where they kind of get stuck when trying to activate them.

Wouldn't this mean that roots would no longer disable them? What is the point in a control spell that doesn't control?

What's the point of a gap closer that doesn't close gaps?
    XBOX 1 NA

gt: ll super Z ll
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how the transition from charge to teleport will affect the Tormentor set.
    Tormentor doesn't work with abilities like Teleport Strike and Streak so if every charge ability becomes a teleport ability, will Tormentor be changed as well to effect these changes or will it become a dead 5 piece set?

I don't want my Tormentor WW combo to die, I have too much fun tormenting PUGS.
    Argonian forever
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    neo7185 wrote: »
    I dont know about toppling charge but I use critical charge all the time. Its #1 on my hot bar. Ya it doesnt work occasionally but it does work the majority of the time.

It isn't as bad as toppling charge has been for 2 years, correct. But it's still having issues. Trust me, if you had a templar and used charge, you would understand the frustration.

Drop meteor which is timed perfectly for you to toppling charge the group with det about to blow....

Then just stand there as the meter does a but of damage and you blow up with nobody near you.

Life of a templar.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AriBoh wrote: »
    So you're gonna make everyone teleport like spambushers, turing everyone into spambushers. Fun meta incoming /sarcasm

gap closing from point a to b is exactly the same if you teleport or charge in a line, the only difference is all the other closers will be more reliable.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    neo7185 wrote: »
    I dont know about toppling charge but I use critical charge all the time. Its #1 on my hot bar. Ya it doesnt work occasionally but it does work the majority of the time.

It isn't as bad as toppling charge has been for 2 years, correct. But it's still having issues. Trust me, if you had a templar and used charge, you would understand the frustration.

Drop meteor which is timed perfectly for you to toppling charge the group with det about to blow....

Then just stand there as the meter does a but of damage and you blow up with nobody near you.

Life of a templar.

That's what you get if you try to leave your house. Your supposed to stay in it!. Forever and ever..... <3
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    That's what you get if you try to leave your house. Your supposed to stay in it!. Forever and ever..... <3
    Sounds like a chauvinist talking bad about women rights! :D
    (Do not leave your house - just do the house keeping - care only for the kids - do not try to earn money [healing AP])

Edited by Francescolg on April 6, 2016 3:31PM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Sounds like a chauvinist talking bad about women rights! :D
    (Do not leave your house - just do the house keeping - care only for the kids - do not try to earn money [healing AP])

Wrobbel is a chauvinist who wants us to stay in our "house". :P
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't need to make all gap-closers to work like teleport.
    1. Undo changed happened in 2.3 - before this, all gap-closers except templar's and dk's works almost perfect.
    2. Make only templar charge as teleport and something with dk Chains that as bugged as templar charge..
    Edited by Cinbri on April 6, 2016 3:54PM
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is what they are saying is that all gap closers are now going to be like Ambush?

Which means every class is just going to spam gap closures from 1ft away..

The idea behind this "fix" is actually frightening.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realise ZOS only said they are looking at potentially changing it (in 3 to 5 months time or whenever the next DLC is). This is at best as vague an answer you could get. It's not a yes or a no or even a when. Not good enough.
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I trip on that bug quite often with crit charge.
    It surely is annoying, especially when in pvp or vma, but it's not THAT devasting, I just charge a very very brief medium attack (something like 0.3 sec maybe? Even less) and it gets back to work.
    It needs to be addressed though, no excuses.
    Edited by Didaco on April 7, 2016 12:13PM