Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the entrance to Reinhold's Retreat in Craglorn bugged?

Wucifer
Wucifer
Soul Shriven
I am unable to enter Reinhold's Retreat for The Missing Guardian quest.

I have completed the prerequisites for The Missing Guardian (The Corrupted Stone, Warrior's Call, The Elemental Army, and The Shattered and the Lost) and had 4 people including myself to activate the switches to open Reinhold's Retreat. I am prompt to enter which says "Enter Reinhold's Retreat" in white, and once I prompt my enter command ("E") it greys out. I think it's a bug because have reactivated the quest countless times, logged off/on, and even completed Wrothgar in between.

What is preventing me from entering?
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, it's bugged. Tried it with several groups, but entering is impossible.
  • Wucifer
    Wucifer
    Soul Shriven
    thawks wrote: »
    Aye, it's bugged. Tried it with several groups, but entering is impossible.

Thanks for replying. Have you sent a support ticket?
  • iam_slickone
    iam_slickone
    ✭✭✭
    same here, ive been trying yo enter for the last couple of days with no luck.
    tried to abandon quest and try again, but i still cant enter Rienholds Retreat.

Xbox EU
    'Keyser Soze Magic Templar
    Siike Magic Sorcer
    'Haze Stamina NightBlade
    'Caeser Stamina DK
    'Leonidas Stamina Templar
    'Thunder Stamina Sorcer

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA, can confirm it's broken. There have been a few threads recently about this quest being bugged, and many support tickets sent - I've even found posts from 2014 about it! I'm really hoping it gets fixed soon!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argh, we're nearly up to this point now. (Done most of the main quests in Lower Crag and 2 in Upper Crag, but missed Warrior's Charge and this one, just did most of Warrior's Charge tonight). We're all going to be quite miffed if we can't do this quest!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, while we're on the topic of Craglorn quests being broken, the quest "Gem of the Stars" can't even be initiated. You're supposed to be able to take a gem from the ruin of Mtharnaz to Hermaeus Mora at the Seeker's Archive, but you can't interact with the gem to start the quest.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Also, while we're on the topic of Craglorn quests being broken, the quest "Gem of the Stars" can't even be initiated. You're supposed to be able to take a gem from the ruin of Mtharnaz to Hermaeus Mora at the Seeker's Archive, but you can't interact with the gem to start the quest.

Have you already done the quest "The Seeker's Archive"?

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Yep, we Googled it and have fulfilled all the quest's requirements. Even my group member's addon said it should be available for us to initate, but it wasn't.

Like this quest, we discovered earlier posts saying it was broken dating back to 2014 so I'm feeling it's most likely a bug. We reported it.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, we Googled it and have fulfilled all the quest's requirements. Even my group member's addon said it should be available for us to initate, but it wasn't.

Like this quest, we discovered earlier posts saying it was broken dating back to 2014 so I'm feeling it's most likely a bug. We reported it.

That's annoying :( I was kind of hoping you were missing a prerequisite and the quest was working as intended, if that makes any sense :/

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's annoying :( I was kind of hoping you were missing a prerequisite and the quest was working as intended, if that makes any sense :/

Yeah no worries, honestly I would have preferred that to be the case as well because that's easy to fix!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you tried roll dodging or access from the side of the door, this helped me when i had an issue getting through doors in city of ash and elden hollow.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    have you tried roll dodging or access from the side of the door, this helped me when i had an issue getting through doors in city of ash and elden hollow.

Unfortunately, the entrance to the Retreat is via a whirlpool in the water so roll-dodging isn't an option :(.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Unfortunately, the entrance to the Retreat is via a whirlpool in the water so roll-dodging isn't an option :(.
    lol sorry havent done any craglorn areas besides trials, thought it might help.
  • Wucifer
    Wucifer
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone sent a support ticket and got an actual answer back from ZOS? All I get is the generic try logging off for 5 minutes mumbo-jumbo.