Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!"

• Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    cdebaca wrote: »
    what happens if you accidentally delete the letter from Damien that starts the quest?

I would bet you can't "accidentally" do that. Either you'd be disallowed to use "Destroy" on it and it's removed automatically when you accept the quest or you would be required to enter "DESTROY" in capital letters in a confirmation box, like you get when destroying other special items. Whatever the case would be, it is unlikely that you'd accidentally destroy it at all.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cdebaca wrote: »
    what happens if you accidentally delete the letter from Damien that starts the quest?

...isn't that an April Fool's prank in the first place?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    AARRGGHH!!...I can only participate this Thursday evening & Friday AM...life happens y'know...Oh well, it sounds really cool, and I look forward to the cake, despite the fact that my real weakness is cookies...<g>

Frank
  • Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary Elder Scrolls Online!!!

Happy 2 year Anniversary to The Old Timers Guild!!

Thank you to all my Guild-mates that has made this Guild and Elder Scrolls Online fun during these past 2 years.
    looking forward to more fun in the future with everyone!
  • Zombiehunter7X
    Happy anniversary ESO! thanks for the great content and support ;) .
    Ps4
    EU
    Argonian dragonknight tank V16
    Ebonheart Pact
    Free WW&V bite community helper
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    DOES THE CAKE REQUIRE PROVISIONING SKILLS?

8aFtamG.gif
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • Zombiehunter7X
    Haha love it :D hes like well i guess so my highness lol.
    Edited by Zombiehunter7X on April 3, 2016 3:20PM
    Ps4
    EU
    Argonian dragonknight tank V16
    Ebonheart Pact
    Free WW&V bite community helper
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my characters, Aryka said this is how you get cake. (Using things that are found in the game.)

1) Find bag marked flour. While crouched and hidden, take flour. Repeat until you have enough to fill three cups. Put flour in a large bowl.
    2) Find chicken. Follow the chicken to the chicken coop. Take two eggs and run, careful not to damage eggs. Using magic to kill angry farmer chasing will incur a much larger bounty than escaping. Break eggs over flour, careful not to get the shell into the flour. Mix well.
    3) Find 3 apples. Pick apples from the tree when no one is watching. Don't need another bounty. Peel and core the apples. Put apples in a bowl and smash into a pulp. If unable to smash the apples, find Irien and mention Jakarn. Apples will be finely smashed in very short order. Then put applesauce into the mixture of eggs and flour. Mix well.
    4) Pour mixture into an iron skillet and place over a cooking fire. Leave on cooking fire until brown and pulling from the sides. Do not let cake stay on the fire more than until brown as black cake is burnt and not very tasty. Cake should be springy to the touch. Dump cake from the iron skillet onto a plate. Let cool. While tempting, do not use the frost staff to hurry up the cooling.
    5) Mix 3 parts honey and 1 part mead to make a thick syrup. Make sure you use a good mead. This may require several tastes of the mead to make sure. Drizzle meaded honey on top of the cake. Drink remaining mead.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hey guys, do we send our cake photos in to you via the ESO Community (community@elderscrollsonline.com) email address, or do you want the photos to be sent to you through other means?
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    :o cake...good thing my avatar's not diabetic...yet
    Edited by Avidspark on April 3, 2016 7:19PM
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • xxxdcxxx
    xxxdcxxx
    ✭✭✭
    will the cake gives only 100% EXP or Inspiration too ???
    Edited by xxxdcxxx on April 3, 2016 7:30PM
    PC-EU
    Fus Ro Dah !
  • juanmontoya18
    juanmontoya18
    Soul Shriven
    I have not received the voucher :neutral: or it will be given later im in a Ps4 btw
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not received the voucher :neutral: or it will be given later im in a Ps4 btw

My understanding is that it's going to start later.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moving house and no Internet. Whilst you're at it go put Engine Guardian shoulders at the AP vendor will you please?
    PC EU
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!

Two years ago today, we opened the PC and Mac megaservers to everyone for Early Access. It was so exciting to see you all step foot into our world for the first time and experience everything ESO had to offer! Just over a year later, we unleashed ESO to the console world and launched on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. After years of [in-game] blood, sweat, and maybe a few tears, there is nothing more satisfying and thrilling than to see thousands of players enjoying the game we’ve created.

Be sure to check out the article linked above to see all the events we have in store for you. Enjoy!

@ZOS_GinaBruno As others have noted, can you explain how the XP buff works in more detail because the description doesn't really specify whether the XP Boost lasts 'all week' when you complete the cake quest or if it is limited duration based upon when you actually 'consume' the cake? Also, whether or not the buff is in effect for ALL account characters or limited to the one who actually completes the cake quest?!?

Yes, apologies for the delay (been out sick with a wicked fever!). The XP boost you receive from the cake will last for 2 hours, but can be re-used infinitely throughout the week. If you eat a slice of cake before the buff expires, it will not stack with itself; it will simply refresh the buff. It can also be shared with all your group members, meaning if someone in your group doesn't have the cake, they can still eat yours to get the buff.

Also, once you get your cake, it can be used by all characters on your account since it's a Memento.

First of all, feel better! I hope that you are at least not too sick to play video games and enjoy the event!

Secondly, thanks for the clarification.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Sethria wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary Elder Scrolls Online!!!

Happy 2 year Anniversary to The Old Timers Guild!!

Thank you to all my Guild-mates that has made this Guild and Elder Scrolls Online fun during these past 2 years.
    looking forward to more fun in the future with everyone!

Hey there, OTG member here, back at ya! Let's eat some cake this week after I am done with the Doom closed Beta! o:)
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The wait =(
    I want cake now.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    KriHavok wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hey guys, do we send our cake photos in to you via the ESO Community (community@elderscrollsonline.com) email address, or do you want the photos to be sent to you through other means?

Sure, you can email it to us at that address. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • botulidze
    botulidze
    What time is 7:30pm EDT in Europe? Why ZOS never thinks about EU players and mentions both time zones in their news?
    Edited by botulidze on April 3, 2016 10:29PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

The voucher will be available in about an hour and a half from now. You're just a little early, that's all. ;)

Edit: The new start time for this event is 8:00pm EDT (1.5 hours from now). Apologies for the confusion! Chef Donolon is just running a little behind. :relaxed:
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 3, 2016 10:34PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭

The voucher will be available in about an hour from now. You're just a little early, that's all. ;)

Still, it would be GREAT if you'll mention both time zones.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, why the delay =(
    I am excited to do the quest for it!
    I want the cake!
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those trying to figure out what time it is in their time zone:

Go to Google, type in 7pm EDT = ? timezone (eg GMT)

Quicker than typing out a post about how ZOS doesn't display multiple timezones.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • cwolfe702b14_ESO
    Zyle wrote: »
    To those trying to figure out what time it is in their time zone:

Go to Google, type in 7pm EDT = ? timezone (eg GMT)

Quicker than typing out a post about how ZOS doesn't display multiple timezones.

There is no place for logic on ESO forums!! :smiley:

Edited by cwolfe702b14_ESO on April 3, 2016 11:45PM
  • marji976
    marji976
    ✭✭
    Past 8:00 EDT and Crown Store still unavailable... is the "Chef" still tied up or will there be another delay?
    CP810+ Stamblade DPS
    CP810+ MagPlar DPS
    CP810+ MagSorc DPS
    CP810+ MagWarden DPS
    CP810+ MagBlade DPS
    CP810+ MagNecro DPS
    Baby MagDK Tank
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Try opening the Crown Store now, @marji976
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    All XP boost restrictions will be lifted during the anniversary week, so you'll be able to stack everything (just not with itself).
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    Raghul wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno do you need provisioning maxed out in order to complete the quest?

Nope, not necessary. :)

I just want a quick clarification.
    Will I be able to stack a scroll, an ambrosia and this or just 2 of the 3?

All XP boost restrictions will be lifted during the anniversary week, so you'll be able to stack everything (just not with itself).

Is this still true - I have guild mates saying they can use Cake + XP pot but get a message say they can't add XP scroll
  • Assilma
    Assilma
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, it has really been a long time...
    I'm back!
  • USMCAggie0351
    USMCAggie0351
    ✭✭
    Doesn't look like the cake works in IC. Can't use it in AVA zones
  • Yo_Langland
    Yo_Langland
    ✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    Raghul wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno do you need provisioning maxed out in order to complete the quest?

Nope, not necessary. :)

I just want a quick clarification.
    Will I be able to stack a scroll, an ambrosia and this or just 2 of the 3?

Based of this statement I bought a weeks worth of xp scrolls and ambrosia potions. I applied my cake and then used an xp scroll and then tried to use an ambrosia and it wouldnt let me..... not only that, I am only getting the cakes bonus..... its not stacking with my eso plus membership or the xp scroll. This would've still been a fine little treat had you not said everything would stack and then the disappointment of it being false... I really hope this is a bug that will be fixed very quickly and not some scam for you to boost crown sales. I am inclined to think this will be fixed since your marketing department cant be dumb enough to not realize that if they do stack you will make wayyyy more money than tricking a few early birds into buying