The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 Freezing indefinitely.

FatKidHatchets
FatKidHatchets
✭✭✭
So both while in cyrodil and wrothgar when a fight begins the game will freeze up indefinitely. I close app come back dead.

The game would minor freeze before patch but would catch itself up and be fine.

I will be turning off the damage counter in hopes this fixes it.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it combat text that's freezing it? If so, definitely turning it off... the random freezes are VERY annoying. It's happening 10-20 times per day...

Also, the group finder tool is a nightmare... 30-40 minute wait times for a random grouping are terrible. We even did a test of it with our guild, whereby we had about 30 of us queue up at the same time for a random dungeon (with a wide variety of tanks/dps/healer roles) - and still took 5 minutes for the fastest, and left about 15 of us waiting for more than 25 minutes to get a group... only to have people in that group just leave and meaning a re-queue was needed.

The estimated times are chocolate teapots... it says 6 mins and 03 seconds and keeps that estimate even after you've already been queued for 35 minutes???

The new DLC is average at best too... its frustrating with so many people running around and dragging guards into your vicinity and landing you with a bounty!!!
  • FatKidHatchets
    FatKidHatchets
    ✭✭✭
    I turned off combat text and healthbars and have no trouble now.
  • vic4ert
    vic4ert
    да, игра застывает, приходится закрывать приложение. подтверждаю, такое и у моих друзей тоже
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I turned it off too... but still had a freeze late last night. So I don't think we can solely lay the blame on combat text.. would love more people to start testing and trying this out and let us know the quick fix... evidently the people who were used for the PTS really didn't do a good job... probably just did it to play before anyone else and not actually report issues etc...
  • ShadowFoxx
    Rittings wrote: »

I turned it off too... but still had a freeze late last night. So I don't think we can solely lay the blame on combat text.. would love more people to start testing and trying this out and let us know the quick fix... evidently the people who were used for the PTS really didn't do a good job... probably just did it to play before anyone else and not actually report issues etc...

Same here, thought it might help to turn off combat text but still continues to freeze up and the framerate drops in city's is unplayable, major hitching and hang ups. Please ZOS you really need to look into this ASAP!
  • swiftmoney09
    ZOS, your game is freezing and crashing A LOT since TG patch. Please fix this!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't experienced my PS4 freeze for more than a few seconds when playing ESO, which I consider to be stutters from drastically low FPS situations curtesy of the Thieves Guild Patch.

Then again, I have mostly avoided Cyrodiil for the time being due to lag. Hopefully Scrolling Combat Text was the culprit and is fixed now for you!
    Edited by Vaoh on March 27, 2016 10:56AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into IC, freeze every 5 seconds, have to restart the game and then i freeze again.

Get at least 10 CE erros a day.

Thank you zos for the bug infested patch, only game i know that actually makes the game more buggy per patch. Well Done has to be some kind of record.

Whats worse is that because of PC you knew how buggy this patch was and still gave it to console anyway.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • orlan
    orlan
    Same here it froze and crashed in city of ash and elden hollow, in my group the game crashed at same time, personally i wouldn't recommend anyone buying this game now, it's bugged up to the eye balls, they made a perfectly good game just about unplayable, after this thieves guild DLC, and then some before, never mind us public paying for this DLC, they should be paying us to download this bugged up mess.
    Edited by orlan on March 27, 2016 8:20PM
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    I also got HUGE freezes and only forced close game helps.
    But something is strange. When that frezzes happens (my and friends) Voice Chat works perfect.
    You can hear, You can spek. Just got static picture...
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • ShadowNekrosys
    Freezes seem to be very frequent when running near Stormheaven fountain. Btw the "stability situation" generally got worse after TG, hope Z. can fix it.
  • Blevil
    Blevil
    ✭✭✭
    Experienced this freezing during city of ash daily. Every group I got into never got past the fire dragon.
    |--| /-\ \/\/ /-\ | | `"*-.,
  • SpiritedBlaize
    I had this happen 4 times in the last 10 minutes trying to complete the Vile Laboratory quest. I almost miss bluescreening - those I can just submit the report for.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did not have a freezing problem til yesterday. Then it froze up 3 times doing a random dungeon. I think the game may have froze up on the other players also but not sure since none of them talk. There were also issues where it showed 7 people in the group. Made things strange watching the life bars to know when to cast Breath of life. I tried to get the leader to kick the wrong ones from the group but he/she would not. Maybe they couldn't hear me? IDK?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im so happy Im not the only one with this. I just 5 min ago freezed after attacking a Player and turned again and it was freeze. Earlier today I noticed 3 guy farming monsters I run to them and freeze. Happened couple time while I was doing TG quests too.
    Edited by Sausage on April 2, 2016 2:07PM
  • SlumDogMignolet
    Freezing, frame drops like hell, laggs, character models are black for like 3-5mins, unplayable atm